Taking pictures at Ashikaga, outside Rm313

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2019.

Moderators: Nyuu, MandaTifa

THX1139
Veteran Poster

Taking pictures at Ashikaga, outside Rm313

Post by THX1139 »

Hello,

It can be difficult taking pictures at Ashikage in the afternoon.

In the afternoon the sun comes directly in the large window facing south. People use the steps in front of that window as a stage. With their backs to the window. There are curtains, they do not block the light well. During a photo shot the curtains can part. Then direct sun light comes in. Or direct sunlight can come in around the ends of the curtain.

It is difficult shooting pictures into the sun.

When there are only a few cosplayers they stand with the wall of rm 313 at their backs. The people taking pictures use the sun coming in the window. Most of the scheduled photo shoots have a large number of cosplayers. Too may to stand with their backs to rm 313.

I have seen tall and wide AB banners use to keep people out of the area behind the help desk at the other end of the hall.

Would it be possible to have a tall and wide AB banner setup in front of the south window? It would be a great backdrop. It could be an old one. Or could The Haynes staff do something to block the afternoon sun? Or in the afternoon, not before noon, can Ashikaga be moved to other end of the hallway, behind the Help Desk?

The steps in front of the window make it a great place for a photo shoot. The afternoon sun can be a pain in the camera.
Tom :D
Badge name THX1139 not cosplaying.
JosephW
Veteran Poster

Re: Taking pictures at Ashikaga, outside Rm313

Post by JosephW »

There might not be all that much sun this year. Current forecast says it's going to be cloudy/raining pretty much all weekend.
AB 2018: Nick Wilde
AB 2019: Haida (Fri) / Inkling Boy (Sat)
AB 2022: Nick Wilde (Zootopia)
THX1139
Veteran Poster

Post by THX1139 »

Gray overcast is OK for taking picture. It's a neutral light.

In hindsight I should have posted this months ago. The AB staff are now very busy. Maybe next year.
Badge name THX1139 not cosplaying.
Nyuu
AB Staff

Post by Nyuu »

Locking the 2019 gatherings, but please feel free to continue sharing your memories, photos, etc in the memories section!
Brian Magnant
Cosplay Events Assistant Manager 2024
Masquerade Coordinator 2020, 2023
Assistant Masquerade Coordinator 2016-19, 2021-2022

Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination.
I will protect those who cannot protect themselves.
I will protect even those I hate, so long as it is right.