The main 'I'm LOOKING FOR...' thread

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2019.

Moderators: Nyuu, MandaTifa

striker923
AB Staff

The main 'I'm LOOKING FOR...' thread

Post by striker923 »

This thread is sort of the opposite of the "Did anyone SEE ME?" thread. If you are looking for someone you met, post here. It would be helpful if you provide as much information as possible, such as what day you saw this person and what they were wearing at the time.

Please do not post new "I'm looking for..." threads. Reply to this post if you want to find someone. Any new threads started for this purpose will be deleted to avoid forum clutter.
Kim Miller Brown
2022 Outreach Manager
OldWeeb80
I'm new!

Re: The main 'I'm LOOKING FOR...' thread

Post by OldWeeb80 »

Ok, so I'll start us off (mainly so I don't forget).

Right around 10:30 on Sunday there was a full Love Live group outside Cheesecake Facrory. Being that it was right by the escalator/elevator and I was rushing to the Gundam merch panel, I wasn't able to get a pic. If anyone gets them I'd love to see it.

On that same note, I'd love to see the Lich King from Saturday, there was a devil Nozomi Tojo in line for the masquerade that same night (line was moving and didn't want to hold her up), a You Watanabe on Friday (or ANY You that I might not have seen), and any Maki or Riko from Love Live.

And if course the "FREE SHRUGS" guy. Because that was hilarious.
Tzumi
I'm new!

Post by Tzumi »

Hey there! I'm looking for someone who I talked to during the weekend. They were a tall Asian male, and we got to talk for a little bit before they went off to do things.

I was browsing the dealers room when I saw them, they were standing at a vendor while the vendor was playing Kpop songs. Both him and the vendor were dancing to the song, and I thought it was kinda funny. I also saw him browsing the Kpop store albums frequently.

I also met them in the game room, where they were with friends(?) and teaching them how to play the drum game that was in the back.

Any help would be appreciated!
NanoZero
Experienced Poster

Post by NanoZero »

OldWeeb80 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:09 am Right around 10:30 on Sunday there was a full Love Live group outside Cheesecake Facrory. Being that it was right by the escalator/elevator and I was rushing to the Gundam merch panel, I wasn't able to get a pic. If anyone gets them I'd love to see it.
Do you remember what set they were wearing? I may know of them and can lead you in the right direction (they very likely have an instagram page for their group.)
AB2012: Kino
AB2013: Misaka Mikoto (casual)
AB2014: Ryuko Matoi (EP 1)
AB2015: Seo Yuzuki & Akatsuki (1st season)
AB2016: Inkling School Girl Version (Splatoon) & Oboro (Fire Emblem Fates)
AB2017:Umi Sonoda (China Dress & Arabian Dancer),Lucina & Hanamaru Kunikida (Winter Uniform)
AB2018:Constellation Umi Sonoda & Makoto Niijima
AB2019: Flower Bouquet Umi Sonoda, Cinnabar, F!Corrin & Ryuko Matoi (Senketsu)
AB2020:
????????
stokage
Expert Poster

Post by stokage »

I am looking for:

ANY Raphtalias from Rise of the Shield Hero that I didn't get a photo of (will post my photos in the next 24 hours)

Simon Belmont representing Castlevania from Super Smash Brothers Ultimate - was standing right next to him at the Saturday Smash Brothers photoshoot but had to leave due to too many people and the battery in my camera died

A Nagisa from Clannad holding a Dango that I also saw briefly looking in on the above mentioned Smash brothers photoshoot
AB 2012: S-Kogure Kiminobu (Slam Dunk)
AB 2013: F-Harima Kenji (School Rumble), S-Tuxedo Mask
AB 2014: F-Harima Kenji, S-Chinese Dragon, Tuxedo Mask
AB 2015: S-Jin (Samurai Champloo)
AB 2016: F-Jin, S-Yu Narukami
AB 2017: S-Jin
AB 2018: F-Tuxedo Mask, S-Yu Narukami, Su-Jin
AB 2019: F-Clark Kent, S-Tuxedo Mask, Su-Jin
AB 2020: Cancelled
AB 2021: Cancelled
AB 2022: AB Boycott due to shot requirement
AB 2023: Same as above
AB 2024: Maybe (IF shot requirement is rescinded)
YandereKiwi
Getting the hang of this...

Post by YandereKiwi »

OldWeeb80 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:09 am Ok, so I'll start us off (mainly so I don't forget).

Right around 10:30 on Sunday there was a full Love Live group outside Cheesecake Facrory. Being that it was right by the escalator/elevator and I was rushing to the Gundam merch panel, I wasn't able to get a pic. If anyone gets them I'd love to see it.

On that same note, I'd love to see the Lich King from Saturday, there was a devil Nozomi Tojo in line for the masquerade that same night (line was moving and didn't want to hold her up), a You Watanabe on Friday (or ANY You that I might not have seen), and any Maki or Riko from Love Live.

And if course the "FREE SHRUGS" guy. Because that was hilarious.
Hey there! I believe the Love Live group you saw on Sunday was Idolizedne (I got there at around 10:30am and that was the Love Live cosplay group that was there when I got out of the train station). I also cosplayed poster girl You Watanabe on Sunday.
Anime Boston 2020
Friday: Miles Edgeworth (am), Idol!Majima Goro (pm)
Saturday: Tricolor Airline Hatsune Miku
Sunday: Bouquet Eli Ayase
ephemient
I'm new!

Post by ephemient »

- Dude in the karaoke room who remembered I was Phos last year. This makes twice that we've met and talked but not exchanged any contact info 😬
- Smithie in the arcade, I was Miku×2B, we played PIU together. Tell me about Round One Hokyoke, let's 💃!
OldWeeb80
I'm new!

Post by OldWeeb80 »

NanoZero wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:36 am
OldWeeb80 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:09 am Right around 10:30 on Sunday there was a full Love Live group outside Cheesecake Facrory. Being that it was right by the escalator/elevator and I was rushing to the Gundam merch panel, I wasn't able to get a pic. If anyone gets them I'd love to see it.
Do you remember what set they were wearing? I may know of them and can lead you in the right direction (they very likely have an instagram page for their group.)
Literally saw them immediately after submitting my post, but they were separating so I couldn't get all of them. Did manage to get Maki, Umi and Rin though.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ogn1n8eq6sxea ... 8.jpg?dl=0
NanoZero
Experienced Poster

Post by NanoZero »

OldWeeb80 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:36 am
Literally saw them immediately after submitting my post, but they were separating so I couldn't get all of them. Did manage to get Maki, Umi and Rin though.

Yep, that was Idolized all right!

Here's their IG: https://www.instagram.com/idolizedne/
They'll post full pictures once they get them, I'm sure!
AB2012: Kino
AB2013: Misaka Mikoto (casual)
AB2014: Ryuko Matoi (EP 1)
AB2015: Seo Yuzuki & Akatsuki (1st season)
AB2016: Inkling School Girl Version (Splatoon) & Oboro (Fire Emblem Fates)
AB2017:Umi Sonoda (China Dress & Arabian Dancer),Lucina & Hanamaru Kunikida (Winter Uniform)
AB2018:Constellation Umi Sonoda & Makoto Niijima
AB2019: Flower Bouquet Umi Sonoda, Cinnabar, F!Corrin & Ryuko Matoi (Senketsu)
AB2020:
????????
OldWeeb80
I'm new!

Post by OldWeeb80 »

NanoZero wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:37 am
OldWeeb80 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:36 am

Yep, that was Idolized all right!

Here's their IG: https://www.instagram.com/idolizedne/
They'll post full pictures once they get them, I'm sure!
The worst part is that I was rushing through the Pru to get to a panel because I figured it would be full. It wasn't. >.> So I totally could have stopped and asked for a picture.