Bakemonogatari gathering AB 2019

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2019.

Moderators: Nyuu, MandaTifa

Shiki
Getting the hang of this...

Bakemonogatari gathering AB 2019

Post by Shiki »

I plan to cosplay as Kaiki (well, "Suzuki" because a Hawaiian shirt is easier to get than a black coat). I don't have any real plans for a particular place to gather, but if up to the event, someone else has some plans, please share them here. I post this because, in previous years, I always end up hearing about gathering at the con. Would be nice to know beforehand this year.
Anehalia

Re: Bakemonogatari gathering AB 2019

Post by Anehalia »

Last year I think bakemonogatari gatherings were impromptu get together and take a photo when we ran into other bakemonogatari cosplayers. It might be fun to do a larger group meetup.
Shiki

Post by Shiki »

True that, but wow, I honestly didn't expect Kaiki's (Suzuki's) hair to be the biggest bottleneck of the cosplay. I have to order it from China, which meant using more bobby pins and hair wax to renew the spikiness. Going back to the gathering... Huh, only the 2 of us? With the new season, you'd think there would be more people.
Anehalia

Post by Anehalia »

Well, I represent two people 😀. I will be senjougahara and my boyfriend is Araragi. We will be cosplaying this on Sunday. You would think more would be cosplaying from this show, but at the same time it does tend to not be as popular as some of the other shows.
Nyuu
AB Staff

Post by Nyuu »

Locking the 2019 gatherings, but please feel free to continue sharing your memories, photos, etc in the memories section!
Brian Magnant
Cosplay Events Assistant Manager 2024
Masquerade Coordinator 2020, 2023
Assistant Masquerade Coordinator 2016-19, 2021-2022

Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination.
I will protect those who cannot protect themselves.
I will protect even those I hate, so long as it is right.