Yu-Gi-Oh! 2018

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2018.

Moderators: Nyuu, MandaTifa

Qu-ko
Veteran Poster

Yu-Gi-Oh! 2018

Post by Qu-ko »

Hey guys. I was away for last AB, but I'll be back organizing the YGO photoshoot this year once more. C: I'm still not sure what cosplays I'm bringing, but there's likely to be at least one Vrains character among them, so... we'll see?

Anyway, talk to me, tell me your costumes, suggest times and locations, etc. Let's plan!
Telepathic Archer
Getting the hang of this...

Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! 2018

Post by Telepathic Archer »

My husband and I are going as Jesse Anderson and Jaden Yuki respectively. Not sure if we're doing them on Friday or Saturday.
soulshipping
Expert Poster

Post by soulshipping »

Won't be cosplaying anything from Yu-Gi-Oh, but I'd love to take pictures when you figure out a time, so keep me posted! c:
Ezra - Your resident non-binary con-goer! She/they pronouns.
Fryedflowers
Experienced Poster

Post by Fryedflowers »

I'm going to be cosplaying Ryou Bakura. :D
CosplayPrincess2013
Experienced Poster

Post by CosplayPrincess2013 »

Hello!

On Thursday I'm going to be Rin from Arc-V! I'll be accompanied by all the boys and one other bracelet girl Selena. (Thursday Only)

Then through out the rest of the weekend I will be Tori/Kotori from Zexal along with my Zexal crew. It should be AH-Mazing!
athainesegirl
Expert Poster

Post by athainesegirl »

I'll be running around as Mokuba. See profile picture for exactly what to spot for. XD
Qu-ko
Veteran Poster

Post by Qu-ko »

I'm thinking we'll set the location at the Boylston Street entrance under the escalators. I'm not decided yet on a time, but I'm thinking later afternoon for both Friday and Saturday.
athainesegirl
Expert Poster

Post by athainesegirl »

I last went two years ago and I couldn't find the location and it seemed that whoever was supposed to organize that meetup didn't want to take on the responsibility, plus a lot of confusion from the "he-said-she-said" mambo jumbo.

I'm familiar with certain landmarks, but still not very familiar with a good majority of the location...since it seems I'm able to visit every two years, there are times when I kinda still feel lost, so a map of the location would be great...and a right-hand man to help take the load off the main organizer and keep everyone going to this meetup would be nice...

Just suggestions.
Fryedflowers
Experienced Poster

Post by Fryedflowers »

The escalators near the entrance of the con or the ones by the old food court near the gucci store? Sorry I go to that mall so much and I sometimes get those two confused lol.
athainesegirl
Expert Poster

Post by athainesegirl »

Frenchfriedflowers wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:33 pm The escalators near the entrance of the con or the ones by the old food court near the gucci store? Sorry I go to that mall so much and I sometimes get those two confused lol.
I remember where the food court used to be before they closed it off and made it into something else. Any other landmark, I'll probably remember on that weekend of the convention...only because I visit every so often so I'm still not familiar with the location itself.
rioja6
Experienced Poster

Post by rioja6 »

MokubaCosplayer wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:36 pm I last went two years ago and I couldn't find the location and it seemed that whoever was supposed to organize that meetup didn't want to take on the responsibility, plus a lot of confusion from the "he-said-she-said" mambo jumbo.

I'm familiar with certain landmarks, but still not very familiar with a good majority of the location...since it seems I'm able to visit every two years, there are times when I kinda still feel lost, so a map of the location would be great...and a right-hand man to help take the load off the main organizer and keep everyone going to this meetup would be nice...

Just suggestions.
I wasn't at Friday's photoshoot that year but I was at Saturday's photoshoot and we were all forced to move to another location because the staff needed the space. : ( If you tried to find Saturday's photoshoot sorry that happened!! That's definitely confusing and it sucks when that happens.

Maps are a good idea and hopefully there's another photoshoot this year!!
Qu-ko
Veteran Poster

Post by Qu-ko »

MokubaCosplayer wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:36 pm and a right-hand man to help take the load off the main organizer and keep everyone going to this meetup would be nice...
I mean, if you or anyone else wants to volunteer, you're welcome to, but AB is not a very big YGO con in my experience, so I've been running it on and off by myself (where I've been able to, as some years I was beaten to the punch/wasn't actually able to go). I don't have anyone else I know of who's going to the con and also willing to help with the shoot.

Anyway, it's the escalators at the Boylston Street entrance to the convention center, nowhere near the old food court. There's a map posted on a stickied thread in this forum for ease of identifying locations; this one is listed as Mercury. At the moment, it's not so much location I'm worried about as time; we usually don't get that big of a turnout so I figure it'll be safe to just pick a time and hope for the best. I'm thinking around 1-2pm for Friday and perhaps a little later for Saturday just to avoid potential conflicts around midday events...?

EDIT: I've put in a request for 2-3pm Friday and 5-6pm Saturday, both at the Mercury location. Any objections?
athainesegirl
Expert Poster

Post by athainesegirl »

RojaEspiritu wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:22 pm
I wasn't at Friday's photoshoot that year but I was at Saturday's photoshoot and we were all forced to move to another location because the staff needed the space. : ( If you tried to find Saturday's photoshoot sorry that happened!! That's definitely confusing and it sucks when that happens.

Maps are a good idea and hopefully there's another photoshoot this year!!
It's fine. In a way, it was a good thing I ditched the Friday photoshoot and just went to straight Carrie Keranen's panel even though it was 12:30p...having Senpai notice me was THE best thing to ever happen...and basically MADE my weekend hahah.

@ Qu-ko: I don't have any objections to the Friday times, of course, under the assumption that none of the panels that day overlap the photoshoot.
yamiivix
I'm new!

Post by yamiivix »

Hey!

I'll be there as Yami Bakura, most likely on Saturday. I'm not sure if I'm going to make it to the con on Friday or not, due to transportation circumstances, but if I do I could just cosplay him two days in a row?

I usually dedicate my biggest/main outfit to Saturdays, since there's a lot of traffic and more of my friends are there, etc

I'll be checking in to keep up with the time & date you decide on, cause I definitely want to be there c:
It's my first YGO cosplay, and I've just recently become active in the fandom, so of course the answer is to go as a character that looks evil and menacing when I'll most likely look scared to death xD
~2018 Cosplays~
Yami Bakura-YuGiOh
Mabel Pines-Gravity Falls
Alois Trancy-Black Butler 2
Qu-ko
Veteran Poster

Post by Qu-ko »

Late PSA: the shoot is evidently being moved to the new Mercury location, which is 3rd floor next to ballroom C. Not my rule... sorry. Literally just found out myself.
Nyuu
AB Staff

Post by Nyuu »

Locking the 2018 gatherings, but please feel free to continue sharing your memories, photos, etc in the memories section!
Brian Magnant
Cosplay Events Assistant Manager 2024
Masquerade Coordinator 2020, 2023
Assistant Masquerade Coordinator 2016-19, 2021-2022

Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination.
I will protect those who cannot protect themselves.
I will protect even those I hate, so long as it is right.