Connecticon 2010

Planning to attend another convention or anime event and looking for friends to hang out with or join your cosplay group? This is the place for attendee discussion. This is not a place for other conventions' staff to post their announcements.
MomoMiraculous
I'm Special!

Connecticon 2010

Post by MomoMiraculous »

Surprised no one posted this up here yet but who's planning on going and what are you planning to cosplay as (if you know)?
2024 Cosplans (Subject to Change)

Rangiku - Bleach
Zenitsu - Demon Slayer
Marie - Splatoon
Tsunade- Naruto
Pidge- Voltron
Nyiana
AB Alumni

Connecticon 2010

Post by Nyiana »

If I have the money, I'll redo my hair dye, and I can go as Edward Elric with a sleeveless shirt. I also have Sakura from Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles that I could do.

I might not even cosplay, it all depends on what the weather is like. If it's going to be super hot, screw it, I'll wear normal clothes. Besides, I'll be in the dealers room a majority of the time, so I don't think I want to wear any extra clothes than I need to.

But like I said, it all depends on the weather, if it is supposed to be in the 90's and humid, no way. :) Hopefully I can pull out at least one cosplay.
Samantha Normandin
2017 Convention Operations Staff

2015-2016 Attendee
2014 ConOps
2013 Attendee
2010-2012 ConOps
2007-2009 Attendee
LusciousGrapes
Expert Poster

Connecticon 2010

Post by LusciousGrapes »

Me and my sister -might- go. I think she'll be Hidan, like she was this year at AB, and I might be Kotone/Lyra again if I can't pull another thing together in time. I'd like to do the Little Mermaid (like this, bottom picture)if at all possible, since, you know, it'll be summer time.

Hopefully we can go. :)
formerly: xturbulancexx
AB12: Subaru Sumeragi [Tokyo Babylon], Roxy Lalonde [Homestuck (God Tier)]
AB13: Latula Pyrope (God Tier, casual), Aradia Megido (God Tier, casual), possible Altair, Dave Strider, Subaru Sumeragi
MomoMiraculous
I'm Special!

Connecticon 2010

Post by MomoMiraculous »

You know, despite the fact that it's always like 90+ degrees outside, I always find myself freezing inside the convention center itself so I never wear summer appropriate cosplays. My first year I went as school girl Kairi from KH2 and nearly froze to death. After that, it was layers all the time and I never complained. (And by layers I mean, Ed Elric, Cissnei (a Turk) from Final Fantasy VII and some J Rock cosplays involving leather jackets. I was STILL always cold. Maybe it's just me. I mean yea the walk from the car to the convention center and the photo shoots outside are barely tolerable (not to mention the walks to BK) but at least I'm not like shivering inside the con. That being said, one of my cosplays (Which is looking iffy at this point) involves long sleeves and the other the Turk suit. I'll be going as Cissnei from Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core and Ruri Hoshino from Martian Successor Nadesico. I myself will be spending most of my time in the Dealers Room too since I'm working in it lol but that doesn't stop me from cosplaying.
2024 Cosplans (Subject to Change)

Rangiku - Bleach
Zenitsu - Demon Slayer
Marie - Splatoon
Tsunade- Naruto
Pidge- Voltron
danim
AB Alumni

Connecticon 2010

Post by danim »

I'll be going! I'm bringing my sister to her first convention (she's 12) ^_^. I have my Sesshormaru costume but that may be overdoing it in the summer >>; Heat doesn't bother me, but that killed me in the convention center in April...besides the fact that I need a new wig, need to repair my sword and my armor...>>; I have always wanted to do an eternal sailor moon costume which won't be so bad, so I may decide to do that ^_^.