Shout Outs!

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2017.

Moderators: Nyuu, MandaTifa

royalbakaness
Obsessed Poster

Shout Outs!

Post by royalbakaness »

Shout out to the AB staff/volunteers/security for being friendly and informative. You guys make this con amazing.
Shout out to the Tenchi cosplayer who organized the photoshoot. It was so much fun to get together with other fans.
And a shout out to JJ who started reciting Shakespeare to my skull when I was cosplaying Sunako on Sunday.
A swirly ice-cream cone of good and evil
AB 10: Ryo-ohki
AB 11: Touko Amano, Luna in cat form, Ryo-ohki
AB 12: Belarus, Hungary, fem!Canada
AB 13 : Eponine, GLaDOS, Sunako Nakahara
AB 14 : Princess Cadance, GLaDOS, Applejack
AB 15: Makise Kurisu
AB 16: GLaDOS, Steampunk Alice, Scarlet Benoit
AB 17: Ryo-ohki, Rei Hino (school uniform), Sunako Nakahara
AB 18: Cinder (Lunar Chronicles), casual steampunk
Selestyl
Determined Poster

Re: Shout Outs!

Post by Selestyl »

Shoutout to the staff! You were amazing as always. Particular shoutouts to everyone coordinating and working on chess. You made it absolutely fantastic and such fun!

Shoutout to the friends running the Final Fantasy XV and Ace Attorney shoots! You made it great.

This was my best year of AB so far. I can't wait for next year!
2023 Lineup:

Luigi - Luigi’s Mansion
Joker - Persona 5
Barnaby Brooks Jr. - Tiger and Bunny
Sayoria
AB Staff

Post by Sayoria »

Shout outs from Lady Deadpool to:

- Rocket Grunt with the Beedrill for giving me a laugh shaking his beedrill's stinger at me on the escalator.
- The con staffer on Friday at the Artists alley who let me cut through because I pleaded with him on my hands and knees to go through.
- Michelle Ruff for accepting my hug without a question.
- The little boy and girl who came up to me in the game room asking me if I saw the little boy's backpack. Was so cute, the girl wanted a hug and called me her favorite super hero. :)
- Everyone who called me cute. :33333
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff: 2024
Master of NERV
Dedicated Poster

Post by Master of NERV »

To the new friend I met at Barnes and Noble Thursday night, and again late Friday night by the lighted Pac-Man display on the Hynes 3rd floor. Glad you liked my old D&D war stories, and hope to see you next year! :)

Also to the the staffer minding the AB Museum Friday morning for chatting with a grizzled old AB vet like me, and to the staff photographer for snapping me in my 2003 t-shirt, badge, and lanyard on Saturday! ;) After 15 ABs, maybe I should have been part of the exhibit! :lol:
AB 2003-2023 -- pre-reged for 2024!
2006, '12, '13: Commander Ikari (Evangelion)
2007: Dr. Akai (Maburaho)
Master of NERV
Dedicated Poster

Post by Master of NERV »

royalbakaness wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:30 amAnd a shout out to JJ who started reciting Shakespeare to my skull when I was cosplaying Sunako on Sunday.
Were you Sunako on Friday, too? If so, happy to see you! I've always felt that The Wallflower was an underappreciated title!
AB 2003-2023 -- pre-reged for 2024!
2006, '12, '13: Commander Ikari (Evangelion)
2007: Dr. Akai (Maburaho)
Anna-neko
AB Alumni

Post by Anna-neko »

my shout-outs are short and slightly weird

~~ people at Phantom Thieves panel, thanx for not booing me for basically gushing about shoujo manga that one time...
~~ all the service dogs & their owners. You are all amazingly good dogs!!! and thanx a billion for letting me pet you! Each day was the bestest day because I got to pet dogs
~~ Osomatsu-san!!! only met you thursday night but texting our day's experiences at 1am was a highlight in of itself!
Maid Cafe - '18, '19, '22

why, yes, I have been goin to this con since day 1. Wanna brain-break on the age math?
royalbakaness
Obsessed Poster

Post by royalbakaness »

Master of NERV wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:26 pm
Were you Sunako on Friday, too? If so, happy to see you! I've always felt that The Wallflower was an underappreciated title!
I wasn't, but I did meet that particular cosplayer! It's true, the series is hilarious and awesome.
A swirly ice-cream cone of good and evil
AB 10: Ryo-ohki
AB 11: Touko Amano, Luna in cat form, Ryo-ohki
AB 12: Belarus, Hungary, fem!Canada
AB 13 : Eponine, GLaDOS, Sunako Nakahara
AB 14 : Princess Cadance, GLaDOS, Applejack
AB 15: Makise Kurisu
AB 16: GLaDOS, Steampunk Alice, Scarlet Benoit
AB 17: Ryo-ohki, Rei Hino (school uniform), Sunako Nakahara
AB 18: Cinder (Lunar Chronicles), casual steampunk
LayukiKronos
Experienced Poster

Post by LayukiKronos »

Shout out to the Simone who helped me through the emotional crisis of breaking my weapon three minutes before death match. You are my hero. I never got to talk to you all that much but you seriously saved me.
Cosplay 2018 Anime Boston

Chat Noir: Miraculous Ladybug
Shinya Hiragi: Bloody Blades
Viktor Nikiforov: Yuri On Ice
Alice: Pandora Hearts
Iwaizumi Hajime: Haikyuu
Izuku Midoriya: boku no Hero Academia
papertoadette
AB Alumni

Post by papertoadette »

LayukiKronos wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:46 pm Shout out to the Simone who helped me through the emotional crisis of breaking my weapon three minutes before death match. You are my hero. I never got to talk to you all that much but you seriously saved me.
I know that Simone! I don't know his forum account if he has one (I was the Jenny who was like, go take them to repair!)

Michelle Light
Junior Tech Staff 2015-2017
Cosplay Games Staff 2018-2019 We Put the PLAY in Cosplay

Cosplays for 2019: Isabelle from Animal Crossing, Sakura from Card Captor Sakura, Toadette from Mario and ??? from ???
RayneDeanZ
Expert Poster

Post by RayneDeanZ »

Shoutouts to Papertoadette for being super nice and buying me breakfast on Sunday!

Also, shoutouts to Yajirobie (aka Pocky Guy) for being such an awesome friend. I know you're getting a little too old to be doing what you do for all of us, but we all truly appreciate it.
Been coming since 2011

Anime Boston 2017:
Mastermind!Chihiro Fujisaki (Dangan Ronpa)
Makoto Naegi (Dangan Ronpa)

Anime Boston 2018:
Shintaro Kisaragi (Kagerou Project)
Yasuke Matsuda (Dangan Ronpa)
Kiki (Kiki’s Delivery Service)

AB 2019:
Axel (Kingdom Hearts)

AB 2022:
Kazuichi Souda (Danganronpa)

AB 2023:
Kazuichi Souda (Danganronpa)
LayukiKronos
Experienced Poster

Post by LayukiKronos »

papertoadette wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:40 pm
LayukiKronos wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:46 pm Shout out to the Simone who helped me through the emotional crisis of breaking my weapon three minutes before death match. You are my hero. I never got to talk to you all that much but you seriously saved me.
I know that Simone! I don't know his forum account if he has one (I was the Jenny who was like, go take them to repair!)
AHHH!! Thank you soooooo much officer jenny!!! You and that Simone saved my life!!!!
Cosplay 2018 Anime Boston

Chat Noir: Miraculous Ladybug
Shinya Hiragi: Bloody Blades
Viktor Nikiforov: Yuri On Ice
Alice: Pandora Hearts
Iwaizumi Hajime: Haikyuu
Izuku Midoriya: boku no Hero Academia
Cerebral_Boar
AB Alumni

Post by Cerebral_Boar »

I fudged in not doing shout-outs for AB16. However, I have many shout-outs this year for:
1) All the attendees- Thank you all so much for braving the inclement weather and coming to the convention! Without you, we have no Anime Boston, no extended family gatherings, and no magic.
2) My fellow Anime Boston staffers and volunteers- you all brought your A+ game this con--and it showed!!
3) Hynes security personnel- you did a superb job handling the very high foot traffic this event brings!
4) My Tech Staff Roommates: Luna, Pi, and Lilienne- you are all great people and I hope we meet again soon.
5) Papertoadette- for being a super-awesome cosplayer and even better human being. I am in your eternal debt for you getting me into cosplaying.
6) Something Witty Entertainment- You gave me one hell of an intro to SAO Abridged. I was howling with laughter!
7) Cards Against HumANIME panel- I laughed so hard I had tears in my eyes!
8) Off-Kilter- Your fan service panel was entertaining and informative. Thank you also for showing me the tank winch failure video prior to said panel.
9) Mike Toole- It was my first time in Anime Hell. You ensured I had a good visit and seeking to book a return trip.
10) LantisEscudo- for helping me figure out that song I liked but couldn't ID from the AMV Hentai Extravaganza.
11) Kings' staff- The Dead Dog Party is always a great time for the staffers to unwind after the convention. However, this year's came exactly at the right time for me. I felt down for not getting to do as much during AB as I had desired. You were most helpful in getting my spirits back up.
Michael St. Pierre
Anime Boston
Junior Tech Staff 2015-2017
Senior Technical Staff 2018-2019

General Tech Staff 2020-present

"Ain't it funny how it is?
You never miss it 'til it's gone away
And my heart is lying there
And will be 'til my dying day"
Wasted Years by Iron Maiden
Bianca Gabrielle ♥
I'm new!

Post by Bianca Gabrielle ♥ »

A few quick shout-outs:
1) AB staff/volunteers! Good job as always!!
2) Also more specifically, my two friends Zack and Chloe who sacrificed their time to staff. (Though I was alongside them at their shifts half the time anyways despite not staffing myself lol)
3) That Rilakkuma that was going all around giving hugs. Love yooouuuu ♡♡♡
4) Crazy Ben and the whole FAKKU! booth staff who was nice enough to let me help out. Hope to join again next year or even at other cons.
5) Security which went so so smooth this year, not to mention super friendly ♡
Twitter | MAL | Youtube | Blog | My Art
AB '11 | AB '13 | AB '14 | AB '15 | AB '17
PockyBebop
Obsessed Poster

Post by PockyBebop »

1. Shoutout to the Body Improvement Club and Mob (Mob Psycho 100) cosplayers who managed to create my favorite moment of the con through the power of sheer coincidence.

Context: On Friday night, I was taking pictures of the Body Improvement Club when they asked me if they knew of anyone they could recruit. I told them that I saw a teenage kid who was kinda short, but had psychic powers, and they said that they'd be interested in him. Cue a Mob cosplayer in his Body Improvement Club uniform walking out of a panel as soon as I said that, and a shout of "There he is!!" caused an impromptu photoshoot to erupt in front of the panel room. It's moments like that that make me love cons as much as I do.

2. Shoutout to Robbie Daymond for being such a fantastic guest this year. I'd fallen out of the habit of following dub voice actors for some time now, but spending time at his panel and autograph session made me remember the kind of passion VA's can have in what they do. I'd love to see him at the con again.

3. Shoutout to Naokatsu Tsuda for spending time with us crazy Jojo fans and sharing the secrets of his craft with us. Being a fan of the series myself, I was extremely happy to see that one of the heads of the anime adaptation would be making their way to the convention, and we were able to give him the best kind of welcome we possibly could.

4. Shoutout to Jojo's Bizarre Adventure East Coast for another year of awesome photoshoots and panels. I've been active in the Jojo cosplay scene for the last three years, and every time, the experience with this section of the fandom becomes wackier, funnier, and more tight-nit. The heads of the group are also great people and put forth their best effort in organizing everything the best they can.
AB Cosplays:
Kaworu Nagisa (Evangelion, AB '07)
Original Black Rose Duelist (Utena, AB '08)
Rule 63 Light Yagami (Death Note, AB '09)
KAITO (Vocaloid, AB '10)
Beatrice (Umineko, AB '11)
Matryoshka!Miku (Vocaloid, AB '12)
James Moriarty (BBC Sherlock, AB '12)
Nano (Nichijou, AB '13)
Thom Yorke (Radiohead, AB '14)
Daiya Higashikata (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, AB '15)
Elizabeth "Lisa Lisa" Joestar (Jojo, AB '16)
Rohan Kishbe (Jojo, AB '17)