The main 'I'm LOOKING FOR...' thread

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2017.

Moderators: Nyuu, MandaTifa

joedono
Webmaster Supreme

The main 'I'm LOOKING FOR...' thread

Post by joedono »

This thread is sort of the opposite of the "Did anyone SEE ME?" thread. If you are looking for someone you met, post here. It would be helpful if you provide as much information as possible, such as what day you saw this person and what they were wearing at the time.

Please do not post new "I'm looking for..." threads. Reply to this post if you want to find someone. Any new threads started for this purpose will be deleted to avoid forum clutter.
Joe Zusi
Webmaster

"Maybe I'm a lion"
gluskinsHell
Getting the hang of this...

Re: The main 'I'm LOOKING FOR...' thread

Post by gluskinsHell »

The Kakashi that picked me up for a photo on Saturday. I was Might Guy and I'd love to see that picture!
AB 2007: Matt (Death Note)
AB 2008: Temari (Naruto)
AB 2009: Queen Frostine (Candyland)
AB 2011: Esmeralda (Hunchback of Notre Dame) and Bellatrix (Harry Potter)
AB 2013: Greed (FMA)
AB 2014: Princess!Kanaya (Homestuck) and Ozymandias (Watchmen)
AB 2016: Schoolgirl!Feferi (Homestuck) and Eddie Gluskin (Outlast)
AB 2017: Gai Sensei (with a Lee!) (Naruto) and Credence (Fantastic Beasts)
Selestyl
Determined Poster

Post by Selestyl »

I'm looking for the very kind blind!Ignis cosplayer I met Friday night! I got my wires crossed about where the photoshoot was supposed to be and ended up as part of an impromptu FFXV photoshoot instead, but I just wanted to say thanks again for trying to help me, and being nice about the fact that I was playing a genderbent Ignis! Sorry I couldn't give you that recipe card after all :(
2023 Lineup:

Luigi - Luigi’s Mansion
Joker - Persona 5
Barnaby Brooks Jr. - Tiger and Bunny
rioja6
Experienced Poster

Post by rioja6 »

Hi!! I'm looking for a Marik and a Dark Magician my Yu-Gi-Oh! group and I met on Saturday outside of Dunkin' Donuts. You guys were so great and I have group pictures with you two I'd love to share!! I was Alexis from GX. :)
DarthAmy
Experienced Poster

Post by DarthAmy »

I am looking for a Howard Link cosplayer I saw on Saturday afternoon. I wish I said hi, but I was busy eating ice-cream atm but your cosplay was really cool when I saw you walk by!
TheGlassesGirl
Expert Poster

Post by TheGlassesGirl »

I'm looking for a couple people!!
  • The Tuxedo Mask (her name was Robin) who took pictures with me on Friday morning and helped my find coat check!
  • Anyone from the Kagerou Project photoshoots! (I was the Mary with glasses who was there both days)
  • And anyone from Cosplay Chess! I was also Mary there, and I had a great time with all of you!! You were all super sweet :)
Cosplay Games performer for 6 years and counting!

Anime Boston 2024 Tentative Plans:
Kanamori (Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken), Rui Kamishiro (Project Sekai), The Cat (Infinity Train), Polly Geist (Monster Prom)
Neux
I'm new!

Post by Neux »

Selestyl wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:21 pm I'm looking for the very kind blind!Ignis cosplayer I met Friday night! I got my wires crossed about where the photoshoot was supposed to be and ended up as part of an impromptu FFXV photoshoot instead, but I just wanted to say thanks again for trying to help me, and being nice about the fact that I was playing a genderbent Ignis! Sorry I couldn't give you that recipe card after all :(
Hey Selestyl! I believe I'm the one you're looking for?? I remember being so happy to see your Ema Skye cosplay and looked forward to seeing your fem Ignis! It's so sad that things were kind of unorganized and there were two shoots going on at the same time at that point. >.<

Hope we chat it up sometime! Glad to have met you!
Animelover995
Veteran Poster

Post by Animelover995 »

Hey, I'm looking for a person named Joseph who was at the formal ball. He wore glasses part of the time and was dressed in a formal "sailor outfit/marine outfit.”(not a sailor scouts outfit) He said he was in the military.(Low key worst description I could have given) I had met him as formal Kakashi and was hoping to get some sort of contact information. Thanks!
Anime Boston 2020(pending)- Xayah, Crowley(ONS), Kakashi(Gaiden), Maka, Natsu
Anime Boston 2017- Guren, Lavi, Yuri Katsuki, Kakashi(Gaiden), Shizuo
Anime Boston 2016- Lavi, Izaya, Kakashi(Gaiden), Allen Walker
Anime Boston 2015- Allen Walker, Kirito, Asuna
Anime Boston 2013- Tenten
Selestyl
Determined Poster

Post by Selestyl »

TheGlassesGirl wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:09 pm I'm looking for a couple people!!
  • The Tuxedo Mask (her name was Robin) who took pictures with me on Friday morning and helped my find coat check!
  • Anyone from the Kagerou Project photoshoots! (I was the Mary with glasses who was there both days)
  • And anyone from Cosplay Chess! I was also Mary there, and I had a great time with all of you!! You were all super sweet :)
I can't help with either of the first two, but I was in chess as well and had a blast! Thanks for being part of it with us :D
2023 Lineup:

Luigi - Luigi’s Mansion
Joker - Persona 5
Bellerros
I'm new!

Post by Bellerros »

So I'm looking for a Tall Saitama who took a few funny pictures with me and a friend (Team rocket grunt with Pink hair was me) (Friend was Itachi Uchiha) We were in The dealers room (I think.. It was that or artist alley).. I'm hoping I can find him so I can see the pictures
FiretoIce
Expert Poster

Post by FiretoIce »

I'm looking for a Saitama from Saturday. We met on the second floor hall by all the windows. I was Boros, we hugged. I'm hoping he has a picture of that, but either way, he was cool
2019AB
TBA

2018 AB
Genderbend Ganondorf
Ronin Flareon

2017 AB-
San
Boros
Ashiya
SnowRaven
I'm new!

Post by SnowRaven »

-I'm looking for a couple that cosplayed as Jotaro and Kakyoin...I saw you guys both on Friday (I was with my boyfriend in front of you guys in line waiting for the Jojo panel in Hall D) and then waiting for autographs on Saturday. I just wanted to tell you guys that you guys were so cute and my little heart was just so happy seeing a couple (with a baby to boot!) cosplaying as them. It made my weekend and I wish I wasn't too shy to ask for a photo.

-Also to the guy who cosplayed as Trump with the Wall: you were awesome and I'm glad you saw me at the Cheesecake and liked my shirt!
Badge 2017 Name: Ravenflight
The Pocky Guy

Post by The Pocky Guy »

I'm looking for anyone who has some pics of me I was the Yajirobi walking around with the pocky. I got some excellent advice to change my screen and tag name so now I need an avatar for the new account.
Selestyl
Determined Poster

Post by Selestyl »

The Pocky Guy wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:22 pm I'm looking for anyone who has some pics of me I was the Yajirobi walking around with the pocky. I got some excellent advice to change my screen and tag name so now I need an avatar for the new account.
Aww, I'm bummed I missed you! I was Piccolo and I had senzu beans, lol.
2023 Lineup:

Luigi - Luigi’s Mansion
Joker - Persona 5
The Pocky Guy

Post by The Pocky Guy »

Selestyl wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:48 pm
The Pocky Guy wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:22 pm I'm looking for anyone who has some pics of me I was the Yajirobi walking around with the pocky. I got some excellent advice to change my screen and tag name so now I need an avatar for the new account.
Aww, I'm bummed I missed you! I was Piccolo and I had senzu beans, lol.
I remember them being sold at FYE for a while but after I could only find them online for some ridiculous prices plus shipping and handling. But ya i was actually looking for you and the others posting in the DBZ thread under the cosplay groups and gathering. I was posting in there before the con under my old account I really wish I could have got some photos with you guys.
Fuura Kafuka
I'm new!

Post by Fuura Kafuka »

I was dressed as Crona from Soul Eater and I'm looking for the girl who asked me for a hug
It was really sweet and I feel bad I didn't react as happy+thankful at the time out of surprise/social inability
PockyBebop
Obsessed Poster

Post by PockyBebop »

I'm looking for the Yuri Katsuki and Yuri Plisetsky (Yuri!! on ICE) cosplayers from Friday who gave me a prop invitation after I took a photo of them. I just wanted to say that that was the most heartwarming I'd ever received from any cosplayer. :D
AB Cosplays:
Kaworu Nagisa (Evangelion, AB '07)
Original Black Rose Duelist (Utena, AB '08)
Rule 63 Light Yagami (Death Note, AB '09)
KAITO (Vocaloid, AB '10)
Beatrice (Umineko, AB '11)
Matryoshka!Miku (Vocaloid, AB '12)
James Moriarty (BBC Sherlock, AB '12)
Nano (Nichijou, AB '13)
Thom Yorke (Radiohead, AB '14)
Daiya Higashikata (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, AB '15)
Elizabeth "Lisa Lisa" Joestar (Jojo, AB '16)
Rohan Kishbe (Jojo, AB '17)
THX1139
Veteran Poster

Post by THX1139 »

Found
Last edited by THX1139 on Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Badge name THX1139 not cosplaying.
Aceskoby
I'm new!

Post by Aceskoby »

I'm looking for pictures of myself Friday morning as the great saiyaman! I'm also looking for pictures of my friend Saturday and Sunday afternoon as Rin Tohsaka. She would be wearing glasses in her pictures.
stokage
Expert Poster

Post by stokage »

Only caught a glimpse of them going down an escalator, but on Friday afternoon into evening, I saw:

From Macross:

Misa Hayase
Milia Faliina Jenius

Both in their officer outfits (white/purple respectively)

If anybody got pics or knows them, let me know!

S
AB 2012: S-Kogure Kiminobu (Slam Dunk)
AB 2013: F-Harima Kenji (School Rumble), S-Tuxedo Mask
AB 2014: F-Harima Kenji, S-Chinese Dragon, Tuxedo Mask
AB 2015: S-Jin (Samurai Champloo)
AB 2016: F-Jin, S-Yu Narukami
AB 2017: S-Jin
AB 2018: F-Tuxedo Mask, S-Yu Narukami, Su-Jin
AB 2019: F-Clark Kent, S-Tuxedo Mask, Su-Jin
AB 2020: Cancelled
AB 2021: Cancelled
AB 2022: AB Boycott due to shot requirement
AB 2023: Same as above
AB 2024: Maybe (IF shot requirement is rescinded)
TheGlassesGirl
Expert Poster

Post by TheGlassesGirl »

I've been trying to find this with no success, so:

I'm looking for the person who filmed me (for what I assume was a cosplay showcase video/CMV). I was dressed as Mary Kozakura and they filmed me posing around the time of the Kagepro photoshoot (I'm pretty sure it was the one on Saturday). I would love to see the video!!
Cosplay Games performer for 6 years and counting!

Anime Boston 2024 Tentative Plans:
Kanamori (Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken), Rui Kamishiro (Project Sekai), The Cat (Infinity Train), Polly Geist (Monster Prom)
LayukiKronos
Experienced Poster

Post by LayukiKronos »

I am looking for someone who took a picture of me. I was Shinya Hiragi and I was standing on top of Mika's chest. I was on the third floor of Hynes by the windows during the day of Saturday. please hit me up if y'all have the photos
Cosplay 2018 Anime Boston

Chat Noir: Miraculous Ladybug
Shinya Hiragi: Bloody Blades
Viktor Nikiforov: Yuri On Ice
Alice: Pandora Hearts
Iwaizumi Hajime: Haikyuu
Izuku Midoriya: boku no Hero Academia
rosewhip43
I'm new!

Post by rosewhip43 »

I am looking for a video that has Deadpool when he started the take on me dance thing on Saturday on the first floor, also any pictures of wentes (my friend) or myself as Zora armor link (wentes) and shadow link (me)