Pokemon 2017

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2017.

Moderators: Nyuu, MandaTifa

princessdisaster
AB Alumni

Pokemon 2017

Post by princessdisaster »

My friend and I are going as Umbreon and Eevee anyone else going from pokemon and want to meet up?
Rhiannon Egan
Registration Staff - 2020
Registration Staff - 2017

Cosplays:
2017 - Oddish
2016 - Blackfire
2014 - Gloom
2013 - Lumpy Space Princess
2012 - Red Goth
coffeecake
Veteran Poster

Re: Pokemon 2017

Post by coffeecake »

I might, going as the pink Butterfree from season one
Anime Boston 2024:
Forest Minish (Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap)
Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

Post by Old_School_Anime_Lover02 »

I know your a moderator, but i already made one for 2017 ^^; i thought i'd let you know already ...

but i'm thinking of going as a Rocket, or James i have yet to have a jessie but so be it
cosplays i have complete:
Rocket Member (myself as a team rocket member)
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho
Magi (aladdin Magnoshetot)

I am only so nice once your mean to me i will ignore you and pretend you don't exist: childish but effective
dogethebullets
Getting the hang of this...

Post by dogethebullets »

My low self esteem squad and I are rolling up as Team Skull Grunts!
Planned Cosplays for 2017
Yakumo Yukari-Touhou series
Nohrian Azura-Fire Emblem: Fates/If
Blake Belladonna (Seasons 1 and 2)-RWBY
Team Skull Grunt it's ya boy!-Pokemon Sun and Moon
D.Va-Overwatch (this cosplay makes me want to nerf everything)

Cosplays
Kyoko Sakura-Puella Magi Madoka Magica (retired)-Cosplay Couples and Chess 2015
Ib-Ib (RPG Maker Game) (semi-retired)
Nyuu
AB Staff

Post by Nyuu »

Old_School_Anime_Lover02 wrote:I know your a moderator, but i already made one for 2017 ^^; i thought i'd let you know already ...

but i'm thinking of going as a Rocket, or James i have yet to have a jessie but so be it
Although these two were virtually the same, I opted to leave both threads open given that yours was attached to a dinner as well.
Brian Magnant
Cosplay Events Assistant Manager 2024
Masquerade Coordinator 2020, 2023
Assistant Masquerade Coordinator 2016-19, 2021-2022

Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination.
I will protect those who cannot protect themselves.
I will protect even those I hate, so long as it is right.
nenie
Determined Poster

Post by nenie »

I'll be going as a Pokemon Go trainer. I'm up for the group photoshoot.
AB07 Aya from Super Gals
AB08 Bouquet from Blue Dragon & Kairi from KH2
AB09 Dawn from Pokemon Diamond and Pearl
AB10 Pan from Dragon Ball GT
AB11 Mio Akiyama from K-On!
AB12 Talim from Soul Calibur 2
AB13 Utena from Revolutionary Girl Utena
AB14 Rico Brzenska from Attack on Titan & Terra from Teen Titans
AB15 Rico Brzenska from Attack on Titan & Utena
AB16 Casey from Pokemon
AB17 Kiyone from Tenchi Muyo & Pokemon Go Trainer
AB18 Team Skull Grunt & Kiyone
Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

Nyuu wrote:
Old_School_Anime_Lover02 wrote:I know your a moderator, but i already made one for 2017 ^^; i thought i'd let you know already ...

Although these two were virtually the same, I opted to leave both threads open given that yours was attached to a dinner as well.
well we could just combine the thread and make it a dinner and a photo shoot if that's ok with the person...Since I have experence with the dinner, and not the actual photo shoot part it might work out just fine....but i'd like to leave the evening open for the concert....
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho

I am only so nice once your mean to me i will ignore you and pretend you don't exist: childish but effective
princessdisaster
AB Alumni

Post by princessdisaster »

Old_School_Anime_Lover02 wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:51 pm
Nyuu wrote:

well we could just combine the thread and make it a dinner and a photo shoot if that's ok with the person...Since I have experence with the dinner, and not the actual photo shoot part it might work out just fine....but i'd like to leave the evening open for the concert....
That's fine with me, I really posted it to see if anyone is interested in doing it not seeing your thread, in fact I like the idea of a dinner or meal or what have you better ( I do not know how I missed your thread, I'm blind!)
Rhiannon Egan
Registration Staff - 2020
Registration Staff - 2017

Cosplays:
2017 - Oddish
2016 - Blackfire
2014 - Gloom
2013 - Lumpy Space Princess
2012 - Red Goth
icyfox22
Getting the hang of this...

Post by icyfox22 »

I am currently working on a Lusamine cosplay. I'm not sure what day I will be doing her though as it depends on what day my friends and I do our group cosplay together, but I would certainly be interested if the days lined up.
Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

princessdisaster wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:07 am
Nyuu wrote:

That's fine with me, I really posted it to see if anyone is interested in doing it not seeing your thread, in fact I like the idea of a dinner or meal or what have you better ( I do not know how I missed your thread, I'm blind!)

ha i went to look to see if anyone did anything (after?) i posted, and it seemed that i was ok to post since it's apperently different cause I have a meal attached to it, but in all honesty i kinda forgot all about it....should i make this facebook official?
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho

RainbowSpeedos
Experienced Poster

Post by RainbowSpeedos »

My self and a group of friends can do daytime shoots!
Right now any DAY except for Saturday 2-3pm.

Ill be bringing my Pikachu trainer cosplay with candy filled poke eggs for everyone! ♡
Anime Boston '17:
  • Thursday: Pikachu Trainer
  • Friday: School bathing suit Rin Kagemine, Loli Link, Pikachu Trainer
  • Saturday: Pikachu Trainer, summer casual Rin Kagemine, Loli Link
  • Sunday: one of the above
Just turned 21 this year! Let's hang and get drinks!♡
RainbowSpeedos
Experienced Poster

Post by RainbowSpeedos »

Nyuu wrote:

The dinner and shoot should be separate.
Shoots are best for the day time because the lighting is way better inside and out for groups. It allows for more available meeting spots as well.
Anime Boston '17:
percylove
Experienced Poster

Post by percylove »

I suggested Saturday at 11am for a photoshoot on the other thread. Don't know how everyone thinks about this time...?
AB'03-'05, AB'08-'16
Anime Boston '18 : Team Rocket Grunt (with giant Growlithe plushie) also Bartz (Final Fantasy 5/Dissidia)

https://www.facebook.com/percylovecosplay
https://percylovecosplay.tumblr.com
https://www.instagram.com/percylovecosplay/
RainbowSpeedos
Experienced Poster

Post by RainbowSpeedos »

percylove wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:34 am I suggested Saturday at 11am for a photoshoot on the other thread. Don't know how everyone thinks about this time...?
Thats sounds like a pretty good time late enough for non morning people but early enough for there not to be any of the big con events!
Anime Boston '17:
RainbowSpeedos
Experienced Poster

Post by RainbowSpeedos »

I made an official event page for a photoshoot:
Saturday 11am-12:30pm. 3rd Floor Hynnes by staircase.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1146691068810244/?ti=cl

Let me know if there is another time/day that also works for people. I might be able to set up 2 photoshoots. Though the second would probably be a max of 45minutes.
Anime Boston '17:
SmittRevolution
I'm new!

Post by SmittRevolution »

I'll be coming along as the ecstatic Team Instinct leader, Spark! I'm excited for the photoshoot; should be a lot of awesome cosplays this year!
RainbowSpeedos
Experienced Poster

Post by RainbowSpeedos »

SmittRevolution wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:18 pm I'll be coming along as the ecstatic Team Instinct leader, Spark! I'm excited for the photoshoot; should be a lot of awesome cosplays this year!
Ah so great! Youve got to lemme get a picture with you!
Anime Boston '17:
Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

percylove wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:34 am I suggested Saturday at 11am for a photoshoot on the other thread. Don't know how everyone thinks about this time...?
i told you 11 wont work for me but i can do friday at that exact same time, and sunday as well, I have a group that just got to me first for Saturday afternoon around lunch time, and we have a photo shoot at 2:00pm that's exactly right after that time, so Saturday afternoon is a no go for me if you want to do shoots with me, anytime after 5:00-6:00pm on Saturday but the morning for me is already booked.....i'm not trying to be a pain in the ass here, someone just got to me first

i'm really sorry if i'm being a hard ass but i really want to do this shoot to make up for last convention when ever one of my photo shoots (all but one so like 3-4 were bumbs) and no one showed up....
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho

RainbowSpeedos
Experienced Poster

Post by RainbowSpeedos »

Old_School_Anime_Lover02 wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:07 pm
i told you 11 wont work for me but i can do friday at that exact same time, and sunday as well, I have a group that just got to me first for Saturday afternoon around lunch time, and we have a photo shoot at 2:00pm that's exactly right after that time, so Saturday afternoon is a no go for me if you want to do shoots with me, anytime after 5:00-6:00pm on Saturday but the morning for me is already booked.....i'm not trying to be a pain in the ass here, someone just got to me first

i'm really sorry if i'm being a hard ass but i really want to do this shoot to make up for last convention when ever one of my photo shoots (all but one so like 3-4 were bumbs) and no one showed up....

That's unfortunate, but luckily you still have your dinner event.

There are two Pokemon photoshoots set up right now.
Friday: 5pm-5:30pm.
Saturday: 11am-12:30pm.

These are the times that work for the largest amount of people.
There's already an event page and a ton of advertising for them. I've also already found photographers for both shoots.

If you happen to be available when the time comes, feel free to join.
Anime Boston '17:
Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

RainbowSpeedos wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:20 pm

That's unfortunate, but luckily you still have your dinner event.

There are two Pokemon photoshoots set up right now.
Friday: 5pm-5:30pm.
Saturday: 11am-12:30pm.

These are the times that work for the largest amount of people.
There's already an event page and a ton of advertising for them. I've also already found photographers for both shoots.

If you happen to be available when the time comes, feel free to join.
I can't make 5:00-5:30pm on friday because it's so close to 6:00pm....I had to change my dinner date to earlier so someone who had to take the train for transportation could take it... and as i keep saying i have a lunch date at noon on Saturday and just can't blow people off who came before this date....if you were to make the Saturday one after 4:00pm then maybe i could make that one, i have my own dinner for 7:00pm on Saturday anyway and that would make a bit more sence to have it inline with the dinner...

i could do quick change after my first photo shoot is over and meet you guys if it were at 4:00pm, because that would give me time to quickly change into costume and come and find you in plenty of time, i'd have to leave the meet up i was at early in order to do so but i can make stuff work.... but those times are at the exact same times I am not free...

as i said in my own thread....if anyone wants to hang out with me after Saturday afternoon after 3:00pm then i'll be glad to change out of my cosplay and into another one, but I've had problems where I hung around in cosplay and no one showed up with out a rhyme or reason, so if this is going to be the case then i might as well do my own thing on my own accord and leave you guys to it, cause I see that I'm just causing trouble (in a bad way)
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho

percylove
Experienced Poster

Post by percylove »

Sorry that things aren't lining up... I only suggested 11, because you said "can't do noon cause i have a 2:00 (or 3 i can't remember yet) what it is..."
So I assumed that you needed 2 hours from 12 (noon) to get ready for your 2:00 thing. So I didn't think 11 was unreasonable...
You didn't mention having a lunch date or w/e for 12.

Also doing shoots on Saturday evening/night can be tough because there are lots of activities, ie Masq, concerts.. where lots of people attend.

Just trying to suggest a time where we can get the most people available. I'm sorry that this impeded your own plans. I hope your dinner still goes well.
AB'03-'05, AB'08-'16
Anime Boston '18 : Team Rocket Grunt (with giant Growlithe plushie) also Bartz (Final Fantasy 5/Dissidia)

https://www.facebook.com/percylovecosplay
https://percylovecosplay.tumblr.com
https://www.instagram.com/percylovecosplay/
Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

percylove wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:17 pm

Sorry that things aren't lining up... I only suggested 11, because you said "can't do noon cause i have a 2:00 (or 3 i can't remember yet) what it is..."
So I assumed that you needed 2 hours from 12 (noon) to get ready for your 2:00 thing. So I didn't think 11 was unreasonable...

Also doing shoots on Saturday evening/night can be tough because there are lots of activities, ie Masq, concerts.. where lots of people attend.

Just trying to suggest a time where we can get the most people available. I'm sorry that this impeded your own plans. I hope your dinner still goes well.
it was considdered a "dinner" and i had already made the page, the fact that people knew there was a shoot already kinda threw me for a loop i knew there was this one, but when i looked for it, it wasn't advertized for the public yet, so how in heavens name was it "well advertized" for is beyond me but you know what? If people want to meet up with me they will, if not, it's not really that big of a deal anymore....

also the shoot in question was moved to 11:30am (or something early like that) i will have to be free for lunch with them, but once i'm free with that i can make it to the rocket/pokemon meet up assuming of course the autograph and QandA sessions aren't at that specific time...I just feel like i was kinda taken advantage of when someone said they already came up with the idea... and i'm like uh.....k no but i'm the adult here so i'm going to just do what ever i want and not let the shoots get in the way of my con like they did last convention i was in....

if you find me through out the day and want to take pics, or talk and i'm not buys (or eating) then sure by all means, I just don't want to be the bad guy anymore
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho

Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

it was considdered a "dinner" and i had already made the page, the fact that people knew there was a shoot already kinda threw me for a loop i knew there was this one, but when i looked for it, it wasn't advertized for the public yet, so how in heavens name was it "well advertized" for is beyond me but you know what? If people want to meet up with me they will, if not, it's not really that big of a deal anymore....

also the shoot in question was moved to 11:30am (or something early like that) i will have to be free for lunch with them, but once i'm free with that i can make it to the rocket/pokemon meet up assuming of course the autograph and QandA sessions aren't at that specific time...I just feel like i was kinda taken advantage of when someone said they already came up with the idea... and i'm like uh.....k no but i'm the adult here so i'm going to just do what ever i want and not let the shoots get in the way of my con like they did last convention i was in....

if you find me through out the day and want to take pics, or talk and i'm not buys (or eating) then sure by all means, I just don't want to be the bad guy anymore (eventhough i'm cosplaying one)
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho

RainbowSpeedos
Experienced Poster

Post by RainbowSpeedos »

Old_School_Anime_Lover02 wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:47 pm

if you find me through out the day and want to take pics, or talk and i'm not buys (or eating) then sure by all means, I just don't want to be the bad guy anymore (eventhough i'm cosplaying one)

The conversation was already dropped. Please stop egging on unneccessary drama.
Hope you have a good con!
Anime Boston '17: