Tales of Series 2017

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2017.

Moderators: Nyuu, MandaTifa

Runeofages
Experienced Poster

Tales of Series 2017

Post by Runeofages »

Since one hasn't been posted yet, I thought I'd try to set up a group for the Tales of series. I haven't decided which day yet (I'm thinking Saturday but it's still early) but I would love a photoshoot since I missed the one for the last con I went to.

I'll been doing Emil Castagnier and am not so secretly hoping for a Lloyd to cross swords with (Because I really want that picture).

If anyone has any ideas how to help make this happen please let me know.

Anime Boston 2018: Wind Waker Link, Mage Association Gudako, Emil Castagnier
Anime Boston 2017: Ichigo Kurosaki, Emil Castagnier, Aqua
Hayata
Experienced Poster

Re: Tales of Series 2017

Post by Hayata »

Probably bringing my Sheena Fujibayashi this year. I missed the shoot last year cuz I was in the death match. Would love to see other tales cosplayers~ If it doesn't interfere with mt FT shoot and main events I will totally be there, and would love to help out :3
Anime Boston 2019 lineup

Yui Komori (diabolik lovers)
Chizuru Yukimura (hakuoki)
Squirtle (pokemon)
Runeofages
Experienced Poster

Post by Runeofages »

Cool then. I'll definitely try to make sure it doesn't interfere as I want to do the Death match myself so hopefully we can make this work. ^_^

6heart6agram6
Expert Poster

Post by 6heart6agram6 »

My family and i are doing Zestiria this year. would love to know when there will be a meet up :)
TeiRaven
Getting the hang of this...

Post by TeiRaven »

I'll be there as Yuan Ka-Fai from Symphonia! I'm not quite a Lloyd, Emil, but you may cross swords with me if you wish. I'll be bringing Swallow, haha.

I was hoping to have one of my friends with me as Mithos, but with our work schedules (and how they never ever align), there's a snowball's chance in hell of that happening ^^; I'm not sure what day I'll be wearing Yuan, but if I can make the meetup I definitely will!
Hayata
Experienced Poster

Post by Hayata »

TeiRaven wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:58 pm I'll be there as Yuan Ka-Fai from Symphonia! I'm not quite a Lloyd, Emil, but you may cross swords with me if you wish. I'll be bringing Swallow, haha.
OMG! YES! I totally need a picture with you! I'm gonna be Sheena from like 3ish till night Saturday. I would love a picture with you!!!
Anime Boston 2019 lineup

Squirtle (pokemon)
Hisurak
I'm new!

Post by Hisurak »

Oh neat! I'm going as Lloyd and Kratos for two of the days! If the gathering is on Saturday, I'll be sure to bring in Lloyd on in then! I've never actually attended one of these before and it sounds like fun. :D
TeiRaven

Post by TeiRaven »

Hisurak wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:30 am Oh neat! I'm going as Lloyd and Kratos for two of the days! If the gathering is on Saturday, I'll be sure to bring in Lloyd on in then! I've never actually attended one of these before and it sounds like fun. :D
aaaa a Kratos! I might have to wear Yuan two days, I will need that picture as well XD Looks like my Friday is going to be Fire Emblem, but I can do Saturday as Yuan for sure. Sunday could be either.

(Revision, I hope I'll have Swallow. I'm a little concerned about the weapons policy after last year...but I'll make a backup handful of thunder magic just in case, surely they can't take that away XD)
Pettichan
I'm new!

Post by Pettichan »

I plan on bringing Zelos and I can't wait to meet all of you hunnies~
Anime Boston:
Zelos Wilder
Sailor Moon
Mew Ichigo
6heart6agram6
Expert Poster

Post by 6heart6agram6 »

My list is i'm doing Sorey my husband is doing Dezel and my kids are doing kid sorey and Mikleo. Its going to be my first crossplay i'm super excited
Hayata
Experienced Poster

Post by Hayata »

Pettichan wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:18 pm I plan on bringing Zelos and I can't wait to meet all of you hunnies~
Hisurak wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:30 am Oh neat! I'm going as Lloyd and Kratos for two of the days! If the gathering is on Saturday, I'll be sure to bring in Lloyd on in then! I've never actually attended one of these before and it sounds like fun. :D
Yes! :3 I can't wait to meet both of you! :3 ToS for the win~ Of course I look forward to meeting everyone else too, but ToS has always been my fave~
Anime Boston 2019 lineup

Squirtle (pokemon)
Runeofages
Experienced Poster

Post by Runeofages »

Wicked! I can't wait to meet all you guys. I'm thinking maybe meeting around 3pm or something unless there's a conflict I haven't noticed yet. I believe we could use the professional photographer they have there. I can't check atm since I have to run to work soon, but I will when I get back tonight.

I can't wait. ^_^

Runeofages
Experienced Poster

Post by Runeofages »

So the photo suite info still isn't up yet but I'm trying to guess at a decent meeting place since I'm not terribly familiar with the area. I like the idea of meeting up at South Garden if its sunny and maybe the Baack Bay Arcade if it rains?

TeiRaven

Post by TeiRaven »

South Garden is the courtyard in the Prudential Center, right? I'm not sure I've ever seen it open even when it IS sunny. But that would definitely be cool. If it's open, I'm all for it!

My only other question is how will the Prudential staff feel about swords and Swallows and what all else out in the mall. We'd probably be okay in the garden, but if memory is willing to serve, the Back Bay Arcade is actually a part of the mall...? And security might not be too pleased. It might be wise to pick a backup location in the convention center, where we know we can have our weapons. (That also means we won't have to leave the convention and go back through the bag check lines when we're done. I don't know how they'll be this year, but they were a mess last year.)

I also vaguely recall guards directing traffic though the Prudential--not allowed to stop, some hallways were one way only, etc. But I think that was two years ago and I don't think it was A Thing last year.
Runeofages
Experienced Poster

Post by Runeofages »

DX see this is why I need someone to check me. They would get antsty with our weapons. Um im not sure whats going to be in the exhibit halls in the hynes. I imagine dealer rooms so maybe one of the meeting halls? Im kinda flipping through the map. Ill look at it again to try something more concrete. I also reached out to someone on the forums who is offering free photoshoots with professional equipment at the con and will be walking around all three days anyway. We'll see how that goes.

6heart6agram6
Expert Poster

Post by 6heart6agram6 »

The best place to meet up in my opinion is in front of one of the restaurants and then move to somewhere from there depending on how the weather is. there is a good place to shoot across from coldstone. but it is outside so it would depend on the weather that day. 2 years ago it was super windy and hard to stay out there. i've also been in shoots in front of pf changs which is indoors and the steps outside the food court although i don't know if they are still there. my other groups usually meet at the cheesecake factory or somewhere else that's easy to find
Runeofages
Experienced Poster

Post by Runeofages »

Holy cow I just saw this when I got home from work.

New! Dedicated Cosplay Gathering Room

There's a room dedicated to meetups this year in the Fenway Ballroom in the Hilton Hotel. First come first serve and at the time of posting all slots are open. I want to put in for 3pm or 3:30 pm Saturday cause it won't interfere with the Fairy Tail shoot and we will have a place for rain or shine.

Any objections?

Hayata
Experienced Poster

Post by Hayata »

That sounds perfect! Can't wait to meet you all! :3
Anime Boston 2019 lineup

Squirtle (pokemon)
TeiRaven

Post by TeiRaven »

That sounds fantastic! Solves all our problems. and is not dependent on the weather. Sounds like a plan to me! Just let us know if 3 or 3:30.
6heart6agram6
Expert Poster

Post by 6heart6agram6 »

I'd book the room asap 3pm is already taken on saturday
Runeofages
Experienced Poster

Post by Runeofages »

I nailed 3:30pm just now. I'm kicking myself for not just putting it when I was last on but luck still gave me 3:30 so easy come easy go.

DarkOmega87
Experienced Poster

Post by DarkOmega87 »

I'm gonna be doing Gaius from Tales of Xilia series his second game outfit since I love that outfit

Will be awesome seeing other tales cosplay at anime Boston
Anime Boston 2017
Gaius from tales of xilia 2
Pettichan
I'm new!

Post by Pettichan »

So did we decide where and when? I'm working on my like up now. I saw we are meeting at 3:30 but what day and where?
Anime Boston:
Zelos Wilder
Sailor Moon
Mew Ichigo
Hayata
Experienced Poster

Post by Hayata »

Pettichan wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:34 pm So did we decide where and when? I'm working on my like up now. I saw we are meeting at 3:30 but what day and where?
Fenway Ballroom in the Hilton Hotel 3:30 on Sat :)
Anime Boston 2019 lineup

Squirtle (pokemon)
Pettichan
I'm new!

Post by Pettichan »

Hayata wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:42 pm
Pettichan wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:34 pm So did we decide where and when? I'm working on my like up now. I saw we are meeting at 3:30 but what day and where?
Fenway Ballroom in the Hilton Hotel 3:30 on Sat :)
Awesome! I'll definitely be there as Zelos :D
Anime Boston:
Zelos Wilder
Sailor Moon
Mew Ichigo
Runeofages
Experienced Poster

Post by Runeofages »

I also found someone to take pictures for us at no charge. He's tomthumb on these forums and he's taken pics for groups last year at the con. He posts them on flicker and instagram so it'll be easy to retrieve them.

Thats all i've got for now so cant wait to see you all next week ^_^

TeiRaven

Post by TeiRaven »

Awesome! It'll be great having a designated photographer, most of the shoots I've been to have been bring your own XD

Guys, I don't think I'll be able to get Swallow done for this go-round T.T I'll have to just have a handful of thunder magic. My work schedule simply does not allow the time it would take to wire it and there's no sense in making it NOT light up and try to retrofit the lights for AX. Weeps. NEXT YEAR THOUGH. NEXT YEAR.

So alas. No one will be crossing blades with Yuan. We can play dodgeball with thunder magic instead XD

[clock town music plays in the background]
6heart6agram6
Expert Poster

Post by 6heart6agram6 »

is it cool if i make a facebook event for this so i can post it in the anime boston social group? i'll post the link here too of course
Runeofages
Experienced Poster

Post by Runeofages »

6heart6agram6 wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:07 pm is it cool if i make a facebook event for this so i can post it in the anime boston social group? i'll post the link here too of course
Yeah it's totally cool if you make a facebook event. Go for it ^_^
TeiRaven wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:40 pm Awesome! It'll be great having a designated photographer, most of the shoots I've been to have been bring your own XD

Guys, I don't think I'll be able to get Swallow done for this go-round T.T I'll have to just have a handful of thunder magic. My work schedule simply does not allow the time it would take to wire it and there's no sense in making it NOT light up and try to retrofit the lights for AX. Weeps. NEXT YEAR THOUGH. NEXT YEAR.

So alas. No one will be crossing blades with Yuan. We can play dodgeball with thunder magic instead XD

[clock town music plays in the background]
If you're going to bring the thunder I'll have to prep an Ain Soph Aur :P
I know what you mean though. Work has a way of getting in the way for costume prep >_<

Runeofages
Experienced Poster

Post by Runeofages »

Thanks to everyone that came! The pictures will be on the anime boston memories section when they are ready.

Hope you guys had as much fun as I did. :P

6heart6agram6
Expert Poster

Post by 6heart6agram6 »

the kids had fun and thank you to the Rose who told me that Sorey's voice actor was at the con. I went to his autograph session this morning and he signed my celestial record. hopefully the rest of my costume shows soon