Anime clubs in Boston

Looking for an anime club in your area or at a college? That's what this forum is for.
Theorys
I'm new!

Anime clubs in Boston

Post by Theorys »

Hello. I am not from the Boston area (actually currently in Florida) but I am moving there in the fall.

Could anyone here recommend to me an anime group (18-21/college) range in the Boston area? Or if you know of a regional anime website for the Boston/Mass area, that would REALLY HELP ME AND I WOULD BE GREATFUL!!

I am thinking of attending a local community college there for now. So I don't know if I am allowed to attend any private universities' anime group get togethers. (As I know there are alot in Boston). But this is the first website that came up when i typed 'anime' and 'Boston'.

Hope for some positive feedback and thank you so much for the time you have taken to answer me. *bows* :D :laugh:
Faceman
AB Executive

Anime clubs in Boston

Post by Faceman »

The one off the top of my head is the MIT anime club: http://web.mit.edu/anime/www/ . They do accept members who are not in MIT as far as I know (I had a friend from my own college who was a member). I'm sure you can find some contact information for them on the website.

And welcome to Boston! Hope we see you at the convention next year!
Chris O'Connell
Director of Public Relations

Have a question? Private Message or Email me!
Theorys
I'm new!

Anime clubs in Boston

Post by Theorys »

:) ;) Thanks for the information and the welcome! I will definitely make sure to stick around and keep tabs on the info for next year's con.

I am always open to meeting new people so if anyone else has any groups starting in the fall, please feel free to reply~~!!
DocWatson
Dedicated Poster

Anime clubs in Boston

Post by DocWatson »

Here's a list of known anime clubs in Massachusetts: BellaOnline: Anime Clubs: Massachusetts - Anime.
Purishira
Expert Poster

Anime clubs in Boston

Post by Purishira »

welcome to Boston! i live there haha. well i dont know really if there anime groups or anything actually [besides my school] but there is a store called tokyo kid in cambridge, MASS. its an anime store an they tend to do events too! like nthey have cosplay contest on halloween..etc...heres da link http://www.tokyokid.com/
Telos
Veteran Poster

Anime clubs in Boston

Post by Telos »

Yeah definitely check out MIT Anime Club. Showings on Friday nights.

Here's the thread in case you were interested: showtopic.php?tid/1484/