UMass Amherst!

Looking for an anime club in your area or at a college? That's what this forum is for.
Akina_Sumora
Determined Poster

UMass Amherst!

Post by Akina_Sumora »

The new school semester is starting, and I wondered if there were any AB congoers attending UMass Amherst for it. I'm a new student here and I'd love to make some new anime fan friends nearby!
AB 2016:
Sat- Mabinogi After-School Uniform OR Mabinogi Traditional Korean Outfit (weather pending)
Sun- Sailor Lolita coordinate OR Shoko Kirishima- Baka and Test (weather pending)

AB 2015:
Thur- FeMC (Winter casual)- Persona 3 Portable
Fri- FeMC (SEES)- P3P
Sat- Shouko Kirishima- Baka and Test
Sun- Mabinogi After-School Uniform

AB 2014:
Fri- Mabi After-School Uniform
Sat- B&W lolita coordinate
Sun- Mabi Traditional Korean Outfit
Setana
Experienced Poster

UMass Amherst!

Post by Setana »

I'll be in attendance at AB, of course, but the really crazy part will be getting back to UMASS sunday evening, since AB falls on the last weekend of spring break.

I'm assuming you're in the anime club then? If so, you probably know me already.
Akina_Sumora
Determined Poster

UMass Amherst!

Post by Akina_Sumora »

I'm not in the club, but I'd like to be! If you could send me info on that I'd appreciate it! (I saw the webpage hadn't been updated since last spring, and I figured the club folded or something.)
AB 2016:
Sat- Mabinogi After-School Uniform OR Mabinogi Traditional Korean Outfit (weather pending)
Sun- Sailor Lolita coordinate OR Shoko Kirishima- Baka and Test (weather pending)

AB 2015:
Fri- FeMC (SEES)- P3P

AB 2014:
Setana
Experienced Poster

UMass Amherst!

Post by Setana »

Oh no, our club is very much intact, the website has been out of our control for a semester, though we hope to reclaim it soon.
Our first meeting is on February 5th, though the room hasn't been assigned yet. We have a club office in the Student Union, and if you show up at the right time you'll find someone there. (there will be assigned hours where there will be an officer present, but only after add/drop ends).
We also have a mailing list that will inform you of any events and our meeting places and times, if you like I can send you a private message with our webmaster's email address so you can sign up.
Akina_Sumora
Determined Poster

UMass Amherst!

Post by Akina_Sumora »

I would love that, and schedule permitting, I'll be at that meeting. Thank you!
AB 2016:

AB 2015:
Fri- FeMC (SEES)- P3P

AB 2014:
Shiroikami
Veteran Poster

UMass Amherst!

Post by Shiroikami »

I'm actually the webmaster of said UMass anime club... I apologize for the fact that our website hasn't been updated in the past year or so, that's mainly due to the fact that they changed the servers on my and now I CAN'T update it... OIT for the loss... -.-

I am working to fix the problem, so keep checking back there!

We look forward to seeing you next week!

P.S. Tear is awesome, but Natalia is a better healer! ^_^
P.P.S. Assuming you're the girl who emailed us a few hours ago, you've been added to our mailing list and will get all the emails that I send out from here on in. Welcome to the Anime Club!
Flying is easy. You just have to learn to throw yourself at the ground... and miss...

2007 - Shinigami in Pink
2008 - Mitsuru (Persona 3)
2010 - Jade Curtiss: Doctor Mambo costume title (Tales of the Abyss)
2012 - Xion (Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days)
2013 - Yukionna
2014 - Kyubei (Puella Magi Madoka Magica)
2015 - Sailor Jupiter
2016 - Akatsuki (Log Horizon)
2017 - Sailor Jupiter
Akina_Sumora
Determined Poster

UMass Amherst!

Post by Akina_Sumora »

I missed the meeting last week, but I'll be there tonight! However, I'll be late because I have a class that goes from 7 to 8:55. I'll drop by afterward for the rest of the meeting though.

Man, why did that class have to fall on Tuesdays only? T_T
AB 2016:

AB 2015:
Fri- FeMC (SEES)- P3P

AB 2014:
ironzen
Expert Poster

UMass Amherst!

Post by ironzen »

just out of curiousity, when was the anime club at umass amherst established?

i graduated in 2004.
DocWatson
Dedicated Poster

UMass Amherst!

Post by DocWatson »

[quote=ironzen]just out of curiousity, when was the anime club at umass amherst established?

i graduated in 2004.[/quote]
In the spring of 1994, with meetings starting in the fall (I'm a charter member).
Setana
Experienced Poster

UMass Amherst!

Post by Setana »

Oh wow, a charter member! I don't suppose you remember Lem or John?
DocWatson
Dedicated Poster

UMass Amherst!

Post by DocWatson »

[quote=Setana]Oh wow, a charter member! I don't suppose you remember Lem or John?[/quote]
I am John, and Len is still around (he and I go to the con together). :content: (Ed Sutherland also attends, and I'm still in sporadic contact with Chris Lawrence Amshey, the founding Supreme Lord of the Universe.)
Setana
Experienced Poster

UMass Amherst!

Post by Setana »

Okay, small world, then. The current supreme overlord of the universe wishes you guys well, as do my sniveling underling and the keeper of treasures.
PlantDryad123
Getting the hang of this...

UMass Amherst!

Post by PlantDryad123 »

Hell yeah, UMass, or the infamous ZooMass! I'll be going to AB.

@Umass anime club: I really would like to attend a meeting at some point but I have tuesday testing in the library from 6pm-10pm, which sucks. I'll try next semester I guess if nothing happens.
DocWatson
Dedicated Poster

UMass Amherst!

Post by DocWatson »

[quote=PlantDryad123]Hell yeah, UMass, or the infamous ZooMass! I'll be going to AB.

@Umass anime club: I really would like to attend a meeting at some point but I have tuesday testing in the library from 6pm-10pm, which sucks. I'll try next semester I guess if nothing happens.[/quote]
If you don't mind going off campus, Hampshire's Asian Media meets on Thursdays, and the Amherst College Anime Club (the Web site is out of date, but like most of the clubs they have a mailing list) meets on random Fridays. There are also clubs at MHC and Smith, but I've mostly lost touch with them.
tozoku
Expert Poster

UMass Amherst!

Post by tozoku »

[quote=Setana]Okay, small world, then. The current supreme overlord of the universe wishes you guys well, as do my sniveling underling and the keeper of treasures.[/quote]
Haha, this is awesome. I'm the co-founder of my high school's anime club and run it with my best friend, and our official title is "Overlord."
I'll be attending UMass Amherst in the fall and can't wait to get in on the anime club. x3
Dr. Naomi

UMass Amherst!

Post by Dr. Naomi »

I'm from Hampshire, but I'm taking some courses at UMass next fall, so I'll hopefully be seeing you guys then and at AB! :)
ChiUnit4evr

UMass Amherst!

Post by ChiUnit4evr »

Yeah I currently attend UMass Amherst and I'll be there for my last year :'( this fall. Not a member of the anime club, but if ppl feel like just chillin' and watching something I'm usually down.
miss lexifer
I'm new!

UMass Amherst!

Post by miss lexifer »

I'll be coming from UMass with a few others. To be honest I'm not sure how many of them are in the Anime Club and how many just should be. I'm not *yet* but I plan on joining once the semester starts again, provided meetings are still on tuesdays.
Akina_Sumora
Determined Poster

UMass Amherst!

Post by Akina_Sumora »

Yes, meetings are still Tuesdays from 6-11ish pm. ^_^
AB 2016:

AB 2015:
Fri- FeMC (SEES)- P3P

AB 2014:
Supraprime
I'm new!

UMass Amherst!

Post by Supraprime »

Moshi Moshi ^.^

I live in northampton, part of a car club that will be going gumball style to the anime-con, we have open seats if poeple wanna go with us. Trying to turn our car club into a anime club as well its turning out great so far half the guild is coming to the convention and a few that don't even know anime are gonna try to cosplay. Option for roomates open, if the roomate deal doesn't work out we'll be troll'n the city!
Serach Keith Crenshaw on facebook we can chat it up!
LFM HOT CHIX =P