Osomatsu-san 2016!!!

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2016.

Moderator: Nyuu

QueenBear
Experienced Poster

Osomatsu-san 2016!!!

Post by QueenBear »

Hey! I've seen tons of Osomatsu cosplays popping up lately with the rise in popularity, so I figured a Osomatsu meetup would be pretty cool! I wouldn't mind helping organize a photoshoot too if anyone else is interested!
I'm planning on doing Ichimatsu on either Friday or Saturday evening, and my friends will be doing Karamatsu, Osomatsu, Jyushimatsu, and Todomatsu with me! (..And maybe Choromatsu, we almost have all 6, heh)

Anyone else? (´ω`★)
Anime Boston 2013-2019
Anime Boston 2022 - FRI/SAT - Azul Ashengrotto

piers pokémon please call me ( ´_ゝ`)
Twitter ✿
No Items Ever
Expert Poster

Re: Osomatsu-san 2016!!!

Post by No Items Ever »

I was wondering if there was gonna be Osomatsu this Ab~ I'm going to be doing Karamatsu (Both the sweater and his painful casual outfit) and I know two of my friends are doing Jyushimatsu and Ichimatsu/Todomatsu. It'd be really cool to havea bunch of people meetup for it and all and take dumb pictures together. I don't know what days we'll be doing it but we can figure it all out as it gets near. : D
sylphofkarkat
Veteran Poster

Post by sylphofkarkat »

Ohh, I could be your Choromatsu if you need! I'm planning on being him on Sunday but I can easily bring him along for any of the other days!

That said, I can also help run the photoshoot if you'd like! ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
currently: the grind never ends

ab11-12,14-18
ab19: sayo hikawa [rainy blue rose](bang dream)
sogo osaka [part 3 casual](idolish7)
kase tomoka (asagao to kase-san)
naoise [summer] or lucilius (granblue fantasy)
QueenBear
Experienced Poster

Post by QueenBear »

No Items Ever wrote:I was wondering if there was gonna be Osomatsu this Ab~ I'm going to be doing Karamatsu (Both the sweater and his painful casual outfit) and I know two of my friends are doing Jyushimatsu and Ichimatsu/Todomatsu. It'd be really cool to havea bunch of people meetup for it and all and take dumb pictures together. I don't know what days we'll be doing it but we can figure it all out as it gets near. : D
Aah I'm really excited to see both outfits! And yeah, the closer it gets to the con is when I tend to decide what days I wear what, too. I kind of figured people might wear matsu stuff more towards the evenings on Friday and Saturday, or on Sunday or something, considering it's kind of a low-maintenance cosplay.
sylphofkarkat wrote:Ohh, I could be your Choromatsu if you need! I'm planning on being him on Sunday but I can easily bring him along for any of the other days!

That said, I can also help run the photoshoot if you'd like! ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
Heh, thank you so much for the offer! I'm not sure if our friend is doing Choromatsu or not, (they're in like 3 cosplay groups rn so there might be conflicting schedules,) but I'll let you know! That'd be neat!
And I'd definitely appreciate the help, too!

As far as a location for a photoshoot, inside might be better, but if either of you know of a place that would be favorable for a meetup/shoot, we can figure that out! I was thinking maybe outside room 313 around like, 4:00/5:00-ish on Friday/Saturday...? And maybe another shoot earlier on Sunday? What do you think? _(┐「ε:)_
Anime Boston 2013-2019

Twitter ✿
BaffledPrince
Veteran Poster

Post by BaffledPrince »

No Items Ever already mentioned me buuuuut!! I'll be cosplaying Todomatsu for AB! I'm going to be doing the regular hoodie version and I also plan to make the silly Starbucks version if I'm not lazy to make the right dumb props for that.

I'd love to see photoshoots for this! The ones at Katsu were fun and AB will be a cute con for something nice and comfy like this. Sadly I suck at shoot locations so idk how helpful I am for that omg. I think later shoots sound better too since most people change into them later after they are done with their less comfy cosplays O:
QueenBear
Experienced Poster

Post by QueenBear »

BaffledPrince wrote:No Items Ever already mentioned me buuuuut!! I'll be cosplaying Todomatsu for AB! I'm going to be doing the regular hoodie version and I also plan to make the silly Starbucks version if I'm not lazy to make the right dumb props for that.

I'd love to see photoshoots for this! The ones at Katsu were fun and AB will be a cute con for something nice and comfy like this. Sadly I suck at shoot locations so idk how helpful I am for that omg. I think later shoots sound better too since most people change into them later after they are done with their less comfy cosplays O:
Aah neat!! A Sutaaba Totty cosplay would be really cute, I hope you end up doing it! ٩(•౪•٩) But I was thinking the same thing after seeing pictures of some other cons, like ALA and katsu n stuff! Most of the shoots seemed to be around evening-ish.

On another note, I made a facebook page for the meetup for anyone that's interested!
Anime Boston 2013-2019

Twitter ✿
QueenBear
Experienced Poster

Post by QueenBear »

Okay, so! From looking around on various websites I learned that there's going to be a ton of Osomatsu cosplayers. Like, a ton. However, the area I had in mind for handling a somewhat large group is totally booked for the times people agreed on (fml,) so in the end we're probably going to end up outside room 313. I just hope it isn't littered with people hanging around on the outside, or at least hope they'll be kind enough to move. (´;ω;`)

As for times, people wanted 6 to 7 pm, which works for Friday, but on Saturday people messaged me saying they wanted to attend the Masquerade, so it might be better to have it a little later, or at least more than halfway through the performances, so it might be from like 8:00 to 9:00....?
As for a Sunday shoot, maybe like, 11 am to 12 pm or something? That alright?

21 days, who's ready to dive headfirst into anime hell
Anime Boston 2013-2019

Twitter ✿
Oos
Expert Poster

Post by Oos »

I'm gonna be Todomatsu, possibly a little on friday and all of sunday! C: though i do have a photoshoot on friday and on saturday for another fandom.
AB '19 roster!

Friday: Internal Affairs Tonbokiri (Touken Ranbu)
Saturday: Saizo (Fire Emblem Fates)
Sunday: Yamabushi Kunihiro (Touken Ranbu)
Nyuu
AB Staff

Post by Nyuu »

Locking the 2016 gatherings, but please feel free to continue sharing your memories, photos, etc in the memories section!
Brian Magnant
Cosplay Events Assistant Manager 2024
Masquerade Coordinator 2020, 2023
Assistant Masquerade Coordinator 2016-19, 2021-2022

Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination.
I will protect those who cannot protect themselves.
I will protect even those I hate, so long as it is right.