The Official magi the labyrinth of magic meet up/photoshoot 2016

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2016.

Moderator: Nyuu

Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

The Official magi the labyrinth of magic meet up/photoshoot 2016

Post by Old_School_Anime_Lover02 »

So as it stands we or the Official magi meet up group with the photo shoot aside...

If people can't come to the dinner but want to meet up with us before the dinner the official meeting spot is Wagumama at 9:30pm I figured I'd make it as late as possible so we didn't have to wait in line... we have a facebook page if anyone is interested being apart of that this is the working link https://www.facebook.com/events/1655826094669649/

if your interested in the dinner pm me, if your interested in meeting up with me, and you can't make it to the dinner please pm me or comment on the facebook page I'll respond to you as soon as possible...or post in the thread (i'm keeping an eye on it)

edit: so a time and place would be helpful wouldn't it? -_-; sorry guys i've been so busy with real life i didn't even think about this ....

The time and the location for the photo shoot will be 8:30PM in front of the big Microsoft square located in the mall... the ending time of the shoot will be 9:30PM (giving us an hour to hang out and take plenty of pictures) once the photo shoot ends at 9:30PM those of us who want to can brake off and go eat dinner....those of you who wish to go back and do something else can do what ever they wish to...
Last edited by Old_School_Anime_Lover02 on Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:17 pm, edited 5 times in total.
cosplays i have complete:
Rocket Member (myself as a team rocket member)
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho
Magi (aladdin Magnoshetot)

I am only so nice once your mean to me i will ignore you and pretend you don't exist: childish but effective
MissVersailles
I'm new!

Re: magi the labyrinth of magic meet up/photoshoot 2016

Post by MissVersailles »

Yay! Fellow Magi fans! So excited other people will be cosplaying from the show!! I will definitely be cosplaying as Ren Kouha and will possibly be accompanied by a Kougyoku! Can't wait to see you there! We should definitely take pictures! :)
Miss Versailles Cosplay <3
Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

MissVersailles wrote:Yay! Fellow Magi fans! So excited other people will be cosplaying from the show!! I will definitely be cosplaying as Ren Kouha and will possibly be accompanied by a Kougyoku! Can't wait to see you there! We should definitely take pictures! :)
of course! i have bright blue hair and long black robes and a homade Yugo i'm very short (like Aladdin's height) i'm sure i'll be able to find you right off the bat

i pmed you about a Magi dinner that you two are invited to, i linked you to the invite, so far we have another Aladdin, Alibaba, and a Morge i'm hoping to find a Titus :mrgreen:
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho

I am only so nice once your mean to me i will ignore you and pretend you don't exist: childish but effective
MissVersailles
I'm new!

Post by MissVersailles »

LOL. Don't you love how Magi characters are so flashy? If I don't notice your blue hair first, then look out for my magenta-reddish-whatever-he-wants-to-call-it hair and big ass sword! :lol:

I PMed you back, so thanks again for the invite! And ooooh~ that sounds awesome! Can't wait to meet everyone xD
Gauron
Getting the hang of this...

Post by Gauron »

Oooh, recently got into the show & I'm definitely bringing Sinbad :D
~~
dj Date Masamune
Panel Site: https://djdatemasamune.wordpress.com/
Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

Gauron wrote:Oooh, recently got into the show & I'm definitely bringing Sinbad :D
SHUT UP NO WAY! https://www.facebook.com/events/1655826094669649/ there will be a magi dinner on Friday night and I hope you'll show up. friend me on facebook (i'm the owner of the group)

when I find you i'm going to steal you and we're going to take pictures together ><
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho

Gauron

Post by Gauron »

Old_School_Anime_Lover02 wrote:
Gauron wrote:Oooh, recently got into the show & I'm definitely bringing Sinbad :D
SHUT UP NO WAY! https://www.facebook.com/events/1655826094669649/ there will be a magi dinner on Friday night and I hope you'll show up. friend me on facebook (i'm the owner of the group)

when I find you i'm going to steal you and we're going to take pictures together ><
AWESOME! I'll definitely make it my business to attend that dinner, assuming nothing else pops up. &, yes, ALL THE PICTURES :3
~~
dj Date Masamune
Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

Gauron wrote:

AWESOME! I'll definitely make it my business to attend that dinner, assuming nothing else pops up. &, yes, ALL THE PICTURES :3
that's why i made it late, I really do want to attend all the 18+ todd pannels because duh why not? also can i drag you along?

edit: once we get more people agreeing on the time of the said dinner (Which was the whole reason for the chat in the first place and nothing got done) I'll edit the dinner thing (for the third time)
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho

MissVersailles
I'm new!

Post by MissVersailles »

I'm going to second that SHUT UP NO WAY! Lol!

It'll be awesome to have a Sinbad! Definitely want to take ALL THE PICTURES xD. I'm so happy this show still has a lot of love!!
kiarrens
The Lone Mod

Post by kiarrens »

I'll be bringing my Alibaba cosplay back for Sunday, and I know my friend Dave is really pushing to (finally) get his Sinbad finished (cough slacker cough). So if anyone else is planning on wearing Magi on Sunday, I'd love to get some group photos! (Sunday is the best day for comfy costumes, and Magi has the most comfy costumes EVER.)
Lyndsey Luther
Masquerade Coordinator 2015 - 2022
Assistant Director of Programming - Cosplay Division 2019
Assistant Masquerade Coordinator 2013 - 2014
Cosplay Chess Coordinator 2009 -2014
Attendee 2003 - 2009

The Anime Boston Masquerade Staff Creed: "It's our job to panic so you don't have to."
Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

Kiarrens wrote:I'll be bringing my Alibaba cosplay back for Sunday, and I know my friend Dave is really pushing to (finally) get his Sinbad finished (cough slacker cough). So if anyone else is planning on wearing Magi on Sunday, I'd love to get some group photos! (Sunday is the best day for comfy costumes, and Magi has the most comfy costumes EVER.)
of course I'm planing on wearing Aladdin all three days let me know if you two want in on the Thursday night Dinner plans as well... (We're doing two one for Friday night really late like 9:30 so we dont miss the 18+ panels) and one on Thursday (which is a more of a get to know you out side of cosplay...but that will be after my Sinbad and I get there, we plan on hosting a whole thing for Sin in the loby with a banner and such you wont be able to miss us)

I have to think of what the banner will say...expect this is the strange part, i don't think i ever had two sinbads in one group before hmmmmmmmmmmm hopefully you guys could make it to the dinner on Friday night (you don't have to be dressed in the proper cosplay if you don't want to though...

also i just put in for it being part of the "offical" photo shoot/gathering thread...

STILL LOOKING FOR A TITUS!

edit: OH MY GOSH i always wanted to do a photo shoot with you so yes please!
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho

Gauron

Post by Gauron »

Gauron wrote:

that's why i made it late, I really do want to attend all the 18+ todd pannels because duh why not? also can i drag you along?

edit: once we get more people agreeing on the time of the said dinner (Which was the whole reason for the chat in the first place and nothing got done) I'll edit the dinner thing (for the third time)
I can't make any promises about going w/ you to the Todd panels. I usually have panels of my own to run & I'm not too big into VA panels, except for the occasional 'VAs After the Dark' style ones, & even then I'm usually busy doing something else. Otherwise, I would go.
~~
dj Date Masamune
Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

Gauron wrote:
Gauron wrote:

I can't make any promises about going w/ you to the Todd panels. I usually have panels of my own to run & I'm not too big into VA panels, except for the occasional 'VAs After the Dark' style ones, & even then I'm usually busy doing something else. Otherwise, I would go.
we'll figure it out even if we just eat dinner together and hang out on Thursday that would be enough for me ^^
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho

kiarrens
The Lone Mod

Post by kiarrens »

Old_School_Anime_Lover02 wrote: of course I'm planing on wearing Aladdin all three days let me know if you two want in on the Thursday night Dinner plans as well... (We're doing two one for Friday night really late like 9:30 so we dont miss the 18+ panels) and one on Thursday (which is a more of a get to know you out side of cosplay...but that will be after my Sinbad and I get there, we plan on hosting a whole thing for Sin in the loby with a banner and such you wont be able to miss us)
Unfortunately I can't commit to anything except Sunday, I am too busy the rest of the convention with staffing duties. :)
Lyndsey Luther
Attendee 2003 - 2009

The Anime Boston Masquerade Staff Creed: "It's our job to panic so you don't have to."
Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

Kiarrens wrote:
Old_School_Anime_Lover02 wrote: of course I'm planing on wearing Aladdin all three days let me know if you two want in on the Thursday night Dinner plans as well... (We're doing two one for Friday night really late like 9:30 so we dont miss the 18+ panels) and one on Thursday (which is a more of a get to know you out side of cosplay...but that will be after my Sinbad and I get there, we plan on hosting a whole thing for Sin in the loby with a banner and such you wont be able to miss us)
Unfortunately I can't commit to anything except Sunday, I am too busy the rest of the convention with staffing duties. :)
is there still the "hall masquared" and if so, do you have to enter in it in advance? ><; and is this cheating?
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho

kiarrens
The Lone Mod

Post by kiarrens »

Old_School_Anime_Lover02 wrote: is there still the "hall masquared" and if so, do you have to enter in it in advance? ><; and is this cheating?
You mean the "Hall Cosplay" contest, where you got judged only on the craftsmanship of your costume? If so, it still exists, it has just been bundled into the Masquerade as a whole. (It does require you to apply ahead of time.) Go to the Cosplay HQ on the main website and choose "Masquerade," then apply as Craftsmanship.
There is also the staff vote contest, in which our staff members are given little slips of paper to give to great costumes. If you get three, you can stop by Cosplay Games HQ and trade them in for a neat ribbon. That does NOT require you to sign up ahead of time to participate.
If you have any further questions about the Masq, please feel free to PM me, so we don't side-track this thread. :)
Lyndsey Luther
Attendee 2003 - 2009

Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

Kiarrens wrote:
Old_School_Anime_Lover02 wrote: is there still the "hall masquared" and if so, do you have to enter in it in advance? ><; and is this cheating?
You mean the "Hall Cosplay" contest, where you got judged only on the craftsmanship of your costume? If so, it still exists, it has just been bundled into the Masquerade as a whole. (It does require you to apply ahead of time.) Go to the Cosplay HQ on the main website and choose "Masquerade," then apply as Craftsmanship.
There is also the staff vote contest, in which our staff members are given little slips of paper to give to great costumes. If you get three, you can stop by Cosplay Games HQ and trade them in for a neat ribbon. That does NOT require you to sign up ahead of time to participate.
If you have any further questions about the Masq, please feel free to PM me, so we don't side-track this thread. :)
will do haha i also should pm you about a time and place on where we should meet on Sunday before the con ends something tells me i'll be sticking this one out this year :>
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho

TheNerdsWithNeedles

Post by TheNerdsWithNeedles »

We're going to be there on Friday as Aladdin, Morg, Hakuryu, and Judar. :3 One of our members is a photographer, so we can't commit to a dinner, but if there's a photo shoot we'll do our best to attend!
AB '14: The Magic Knights, Game of Thrones
AB '15: Fushigi Yugi, Sailor Moon, Inuyasha
AB '16: Magi, Final Fantasy X
Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

TheNerdsWithNeedles wrote:We're going to be there on Friday as Aladdin, Morg, Hakuryu, and Judar. :3 One of our members is a photographer, so we can't commit to a dinner, but if there's a photo shoot we'll do our best to attend!
I'll be Aladdin all of friday! If we need to we can always move the dinner to earlier (Which may happen since the Ali project concert might be on Friday night)

but I will be there through out the day, and i'm hoping to "Kidnap" people who want to hang out with me most of the day

hopefully i won't be to hard to spot i'm very short but it seemed pretty impossible last year to find me which was strange)

if you'd like we can make a time to have an offical photo shoot with just us (i can drag my Alibaba along for the ride) along with my other aladdin depending on the time we'll more then likely bump into each other during the magi signings (weather it be todd or the others) I'll be at them all (if i can)

i shouldn't be hard to miss this time, wooden flute is kinda a huge give away ^^
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho

Misakochan
Determined Poster

Post by Misakochan »

I'm going as S2 Aladdin and will have a group with a Titus, Sphintus, Morgiana, and possible Alibaba and Hakuryuu. No idea what day we'll be doing all this though. Probably Friday.. So excited to see more Magi cosplayers!
AB 09- Young Link (Majora's Mask)
AB 10- Riza Hawkeye (FMA)
AB 11- Yoko Ritona (Gurren Lagann)
AB 12- Zelda (Skyward Sword)
AB 13- Zelda and Young Link
AB 14- Tetra, Link, Winry, Riza
Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

Misakochan wrote:I'm going as S2 Aladdin and will have a group with a Titus, Sphintus, Morgiana, and possible Alibaba and Hakuryuu. No idea what day we'll be doing all this though. Probably Friday.. So excited to see more Magi cosplayers!
YES SO EXITED I NEVER MET ANOTHER S2 COSPLAYER BEFORE I'M SUPER EXITED TO MEET YOU can i barrow your Titus? i've always wanted one

also would you like to be apart of the live facebook group chat? oh dear I didn't think i'd have another one of me this should be super interesting we'll have fun trying to tell each other apart for sure (to bad i didnt keep the ugly blue wig)

but yes yes i'll send you a pm really quick!
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho

Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

Re: The Official magi the labyrinth of magic meet up/photoshoot 2016

GUYS REAL QUICK TIDBIT the dinner meet up is the photo shoot, so if you can't make it to the dinner feel free to zip by Wagumama and ask for the Magi dinner party (if we're seated) and we'll come right out and take pics if we're not waiting outside already...

I put in the word last month to be put on the official photo shoot/ meet up list for Friday night, but feel free to come and snag me if you see me some where and ask for a picture!
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho

MamaIgnis03

Post by MamaIgnis03 »

Hey guys! I'll be attending this as Alibaba and my best friend is gonna be my Aladdin! I can't wait to meet you all at this meet up! I'm super excited!
My potential line up for AB 2018... not sure what days tho...

Ignis (normal and episode Ignis versions) from FFXV
Hunk (casual most likely) from Voltron
Rogue from Fairy Tail
Raven Branwen from RWBY
Viktor (casual) from Yuri on Ice
Koujaku from Dramatical Murder
Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

MisaRofuDragneel wrote:Hey guys! I'll be attending this as Alibaba and my best friend is gonna be my Aladdin! I can't wait to meet you all at this meet up! I'm super excited!
sweet do you think you'll be going to the dinner with us or swinging by and saying hello? either way is fine i just need to start doing a head count for the dinner If so feel free to fallow the link and hit interested
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho

SakuraHughes

Post by SakuraHughes »

Probably going as Morgiana this year. I'm not sure about staying for dinner but I'd be interested in the shoot. Slightly lost on where the shoot is though?
~Sakura-san Cosplay Facebook Page~
~World Cosplay~

2014: Alicia Melchiott
2015: Rise Kujikawa | Kyou Fujibayashi
2017: Yang Xiao Long, Cinder Fall, Blake Belladonna
Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

SakuraHughes wrote:Probably going as Morgiana this year. I'm not sure about staying for dinner but I'd be interested in the shoot. Slightly lost on where the shoot is though?

have you ever been to mall before? it's right across the way from the Microsoft square. If we need to, we can have the photo shoot there and then part ways for those of us who can't make the meet up... I thought i'd do the dinner later on so it wouldn't interfere for the convention

also if you can find me through out the con please stop me and ask for a pic, if i'm rushing some where i won't be able to stop, but otherwise, if you see me in line some where by all means though stop me and say hi, give me a hug (if Yugo will allow it he's pretty bulky)

edit again: if you can't make it to the dinner but want to make the photo shoot please drop a line in the facebook meet up it's 10 times easier for me to respond on facebook then it is to respond here, I only check the forums once a week to see if we're getting people ^^;
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho

PieandBeer

Post by PieandBeer »

hi! i'll be going as djinn equip! alibaba again this year! i'd be totally interested in going to the dinner if its not too late to do so! :D hopefully the mall people won't care about the pretend shirtlessness >>
AB 2016 Lineup
Friday: Simon the Digger [Gurren Lagann]
Saturday: Djinn Equip! Alibaba [Magi]
Sunday: probably simon idfk

AMV's:
2015 Romance Finalist - Lucky Seven
2013 Action Finalist - Connectable
lucretiainferno

Post by lucretiainferno »

Hi! I too am a little lost on the shoot details. So will the shoot be before the dinner? What time do you think you will start the shoot? I'm debating bringing my focalor Sinbad cosplay to the con but I just wanted some more info on the shoot time, thanks!
Anime Boston 2017 Lineup
Friday: Aries Mu, Marth
Saturday: Dragon Corrin, Nico di Angelo
Sunday: A Trash Can (Kylo Ren)
Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

PieandBeer wrote:hi! i'll be going as djinn equip! alibaba again this year! i'd be totally interested in going to the dinner if its not too late to do so! :D hopefully the mall people won't care about the pretend shirtlessness >>
haha yay! just fallow the link to the facebook page (let me know in pms if it's not working)

[quotelucretiainferno][/quote]

thank you for being interested in the photo shoot, as far as the "offical" photo shoot timing goes, there really isn't one, I didn't know how popular this photo shoot would be to begin with (*rubs back of head and bows sighing deeply*) this is why you never put a magi in charge >.>;

anyway enough of my silly ranting...as far as "photo shoot" goes, we could just all meet up at the big Microsoft sign around 8:30 (i will update the facebook page and add this as soon as possible, and i will also put it in the offical photo shoot thread) since there are more people interested in the photo shoot then there are of the dinner >.>; (7-8 is still a great size! i wast even thinking we'd get that many!

but yea why don't we meet at the big Microsoft sign at 8:30 and take a bunch of pics from 8:30-9:30 and branch off in seperate ways, that way the people who want to go to the dinner can come with us (the dinner party) and the others who have other things to do can split off in their own seperate directons after the shoot? I figured an hour will give us enough time to meet up and chit chat for a little while before everyone shows up?

I'll have to talk about this with the rest of the group but this sounds like a solid meeting spot, and even if you don't know your sroundings, you can ask a local (hopefully another cosplayer) where the big microsoft square is, and you can find it easy enough with directions. it's really not hard to miss at all...I figure we could figure out where we want to take pictures once everyone gets there...
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho

Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

lucretiainferno wrote:Hi! I too am a little lost on the shoot details. So will the shoot be before the dinner? What time do you think you will start the shoot? I'm debating bringing my focalor Sinbad cosplay to the con but I just wanted some more info on the shoot time, thanks!
the offical list has been updated to 8:30PM-9:30 pm (photo shoot time) and the dinner is 9:30PM for whoever of us can make it (or is interested in making it)

if you can't make the shoot but want to make the dinner feel free to fallow the link to the facebook page and let me know, I haven't gotten a chance to update that yet because i've been super busy with real life (Damn real life for getting in the way) but as of now that's what were going to do, and the rest of the information is on the first page of the thread...

i wanted to officially quote you, and feel free to pm me if you have any questions, it'll also be easier to find everyone....
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho

MamaIgnis03

Post by MamaIgnis03 »

MisaRofuDragneel wrote:Hey guys! I'll be attending this as Alibaba and my best friend is gonna be my Aladdin! I can't wait to meet you all at this meet up! I'm super excited!
sweet do you think you'll be going to the dinner with us or swinging by and saying hello? either way is fine i just need to start doing a head count for the dinner If so feel free to fallow the link and hit interested
I'll be going to the dinner as well as the meet up!
My potential line up for AB 2018... not sure what days tho...

Ignis (normal and episode Ignis versions) from FFXV
Hunk (casual most likely) from Voltron
Rogue from Fairy Tail
Raven Branwen from RWBY
Viktor (casual) from Yuri on Ice
Koujaku from Dramatical Murder
Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

MisaRofuDragneel wrote:
I'll be going to the dinner as well as the meet up!
nice, just so i have a rough idea when i go on on Thursday night to reserve a table please put your facebook name in the meet up just so I can tell them how big a crowd we'll have so we don't freak them out or anything if your friend doesn't have facebook just drop by a message in my in box so we can talk i don't bite ^^
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho

toychild
Experienced Poster

Post by toychild »

I'm thinking of cosplaying in Jafar's new clothes(manga)...anyone else going from the "future"/after the anime timeline?
Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

toychild wrote:I'm thinking of cosplaying in Jafar's new clothes(manga)...anyone else going from the "future"/after the anime timeline?
i think we talked on facebook earlier today! sweet! no preasure on going to the dinner, i thought it would be fun; during ct con we had a photo shoot/lunch in and it was super fun
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho

Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

bumping this thread for new last minute users as of now the dinner is solid; if you want to go at last minute please let me know by weds night otherwise it's officaly closed
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho

Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

there seriously needs to be a bumping button on these forums
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho

kiarrens
The Lone Mod

Post by kiarrens »

No, there doesn't. If a thread is not active, please do not bump it.
Lyndsey Luther
Attendee 2003 - 2009

Nyuu
AB Staff

Post by Nyuu »

Locking the 2016 gatherings, but please feel free to continue sharing your memories, photos, etc in the memories section!
Brian Magnant
Programming Assistant Director 2025
Cosplay Events Assistant Manager 2024
Masquerade Coordinator 2020, 2023
Assistant Masquerade Coordinator 2016-19, 2021-2022

Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination.
I will protect those who cannot protect themselves.
I will protect even those I hate, so long as it is right.