Hakuoki Photoshoot/meetup

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2016.

Moderator: Nyuu

Hayata
Experienced Poster

Hakuoki Photoshoot/meetup

Post by Hayata »

Would anyone be interested in a Hakuoki shoot or meetup? I know the series is a few years old, but it would be awesome if we could have a shoot! Just started making my Chizuru cosplay and would love to have photos with others in it! I have never hosted a PS before, but would love to give it a shot if anyone is interested!
Anime Boston 2019 lineup

Yui Komori (diabolik lovers)
Chizuru Yukimura (hakuoki)
Squirtle (pokemon)
Animelover995
Veteran Poster

Re: Hakuoki Photoshoot/meetup

Post by Animelover995 »

I do have a Chizuru Yukimura western version cosplay. I wasn't planning on bringing it, and I am quite full with my schedule.... But things may change. It's just very unlikely. I do wish you luck though!
Anime Boston 2020(pending)- Xayah, Crowley(ONS), Kakashi(Gaiden), Maka, Natsu
Anime Boston 2017- Guren, Lavi, Yuri Katsuki, Kakashi(Gaiden), Shizuo
Anime Boston 2016- Lavi, Izaya, Kakashi(Gaiden), Allen Walker
Anime Boston 2015- Allen Walker, Kirito, Asuna
Anime Boston 2013- Tenten
moekou
Experienced Poster

Post by moekou »

I'll be Fury!Hijikata on Friday, or whichever day the formal ball is held. The nice thing about the western outfits is that they qualify as formal military attire!

Also, glad to see there are still fans! When I searched Hakuoki last year I could barely find any mention of it at all on these forums, ever.
Hayata
Experienced Poster

Post by Hayata »

Awesome! i just finished my chizuru cosplay (i made the pink and black samuri esq version. aka her calendar/figurine version) I would love to get some pics with you!
Anime Boston 2019 lineup

Squirtle (pokemon)
moekou
Experienced Poster

Post by moekou »

Sure thing! And who knows, there maybe other lost members of the shinsengumi in the crowds at AB!

What time are you thinking of for this meetup?
Hayata
Experienced Poster

Post by Hayata »

Well I was definitely thinking Sat would be the best day. I'm one of the cosplay games till 2:15, in which I was going to scurry back to my room and change into Chizuru. Wanna meet up somewhere around 3:30ish? Im so excited <3
Anime Boston 2019 lineup

Squirtle (pokemon)
moekou
Experienced Poster

Post by moekou »

Yeah, I'm really excited too! Is it possible to meet up some time on Friday instead? Unfortunately, I already had a lot of different stuff planned for Saturday.

Thanks!
Hayata
Experienced Poster

Post by Hayata »

Hmm. Friday would be tough. I'm in the death match, and in/assisting with photoshoots till like 6 at night. Lol then its food consumption and Ali project concert. So it would have to be later at night, if your okay with that like 10 PM ish?
Anime Boston 2019 lineup

Squirtle (pokemon)
moekou
Experienced Poster

Post by moekou »

That's fine with me! I was actually also thinking of attending the Ali Project concert, although it happens at the same time as some other events I'm also interested in. Way too many awesome things going on Friday night! :lol:

I wish the con lasted longer, but alas, like the fleeting cherry blossom in the wind, it comes and goes all too swiftly!

By the way, would we have a photographer?
Hayata
Experienced Poster

Post by Hayata »

In fact we do have a photographer! At the moment it looks like just the two of us, But anyone else is welcome to join (or get recruited if we find some by chance). I will PM you my number just in case. Wanna meet near the main entrance and find a place from there?
Anime Boston 2019 lineup

Squirtle (pokemon)
moekou
Experienced Poster

Post by moekou »

Sure, you are referring to the Hynes Main Entrance, correct? Should we request this be added to "Official Photoshoot/Gathering Master Thread 2016"?

Actually anytime after 10:30 might be a bit better for me, however would some time before the concert work? It starts at 8:30 right? Or do we all have to line up way before then?
Hayata
Experienced Poster

Post by Hayata »

Yep the Hynes main entrance and 10:30 can work. :) I suppose we could add it to the official list, i'm not sure if there is a min head count requirement.

As for before the concert I already have some plans with a few others, along with food, and a cosplay change.
Anime Boston 2019 lineup

Squirtle (pokemon)
moekou
Experienced Poster

Post by moekou »

Thanks, I might be slightly late and arrive around 10:35-40 since I'll be running over from the Type-Moon photoshoot near P. F. Changs.

Looking forward to meeting you and maybe other lost warriors of the shinsengumi wandering amidst the waves of the convention!
moekou
Experienced Poster

Post by moekou »

Hey, since it's almost the cutoff time for the Photoshoot Master thread, I'm going to try to get this added. I'll put 11PM right between the 10PM and 12PM shoots. Are we having the shoot at the Hyne's main entrance, or are we just meeting there to go somewhere else? It seems all the late night shoots are all next to PF Chang's, do you want to do it there too? Probably a good idea to give fuller set of directions such as "Prudential Center Belvidere Arcade, space across/by P.F. Chang's-back of Crazy Dough's Pizza" or "In Pre-Function Hallway B (1st Floor) on the far side of the Hynes near the Escalators" in case anyone else tries to find it and are unfamiliar with the area.

UPDATE: Looks like someone beat me to it and took the PF Chang's spot at 11PM. I'll just put "First floor (Plaza level) underneath the second set of escalators", please shoot me a PM tonight if you'd like anything to be changed, thanks! The deadline is Wednesday, 8am.

Managed to grab a map as well! Any better location ideas?

Last edited by moekou on Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hayata
Experienced Poster

Post by Hayata »

Cool that's perfect! I double checked with the photographer too and she is cool with that! Thanks so much for adding that! :)
Anime Boston 2019 lineup

Squirtle (pokemon)
moekou
Experienced Poster

Post by moekou »

Oh, awesome, thanks, glad we got it in just in time! Is the described location basically where it's labeled "photoshoot here" in red in the above map?
Hayata
Experienced Poster

Post by Hayata »

That is correct! Hopefully some more people will show up and we will be more noticeable! :D
Anime Boston 2019 lineup

Squirtle (pokemon)
moekou
Experienced Poster

Post by moekou »

Horray! By the way, do you know if people still need to get through security check to reach it even at 11PM? Or is this reachable just by entering from Boylston Street?
Hayata
Experienced Poster

Post by Hayata »

Yes. All entrance through the Hynes has security so you will need to pass. Sadly that's why my Chizuru wont have a blade i'm not even bringing it to the con) My friend is currently looking for one of her toy ones for me to borrow, but its far from realistic :(
Anime Boston 2019 lineup

Squirtle (pokemon)
moekou
Experienced Poster

Post by moekou »

Ah, I guess that's probably why so many people keep wanting the P.F.Chang location to do it outside so they can have their weapons or something. I was wondering why it was apparently so attractive. Well on the plus side, it's nice to be secure especially in the wake of recent events.

And yeah, I so want to carry a (wooden) sword as Hijikata hahaha! If a Kazama shows up we're just going to have to be reduced to fistfights? :D
Nyuu
AB Staff

Post by Nyuu »

Locking the 2016 gatherings, but please feel free to continue sharing your memories, photos, etc in the memories section!
Brian Magnant
Cosplay Events Assistant Manager 2024
Masquerade Coordinator 2020, 2023
Assistant Masquerade Coordinator 2016-19, 2021-2022

Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination.
I will protect those who cannot protect themselves.
I will protect even those I hate, so long as it is right.