Yu-Gi-Oh 2016

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2016.

Moderator: Nyuu

Qu-ko
Veteran Poster

Yu-Gi-Oh 2016

Post by Qu-ko »

Yeah, guess I'm doing it this year!

As every year, all series welcome and encouraged. I'll probably try to organize times and locations for a Friday and Saturday shoot for us closer to the con itself, since the 2016 masterlist isn't up at the time of this posting.

Myself, I'm actually not sure who I want to fix up for con yet, but I may end up reprising either Johan or Asuka from GX, since I'm hearing talk of a GX group this year...? :O
rioja6
Experienced Poster

Re: Yu-Gi-Oh 2016

Post by rioja6 »

Hey!! It'd be awesome to have a Yu-Gi-Oh! photoshoot! On Saturday I'm going to cosplay Alexis Rhodes and as of now two friends of mine are going to cosplay Zane Truesdale and Syrus Truesdale. ^^
SaiyanHikari
Expert Poster

Post by SaiyanHikari »

Heck yeah. I'm the Syrus/Sho mentioned by Roja above.

This GX group thing will be on saturday, but if there's a friday shoot I might bring Yami for that.

(I'm still trying to swing Slifer for AB. Pray that my friend can bring my baby in again.)
mukkukie
Getting the hang of this...

Post by mukkukie »

My friend and I are gonna be Ruri and Shun from Arc-V on Friday! :D
Thisisausername
Expert Poster

Post by Thisisausername »

Considering Bandit Keith. Depends on space restrictions.
athainesegirl
Expert Poster

Post by athainesegirl »

There will be a Mokuba there...don't know if it'll be for Friday or Saturday or both...so long as I get to meet Carrie Keranan as Mokuba, I'm happy.

EDIT: I wanna know who is planning to go as their character from the upcoming YGO movie, 'cause I'm definitely planning on being that version of Mokuba. Again, I haven't decided yet, but just throwing it out there.

ANOTHER EDIT: Just gonna stick with the version of Mokuba I've always known...besides the grown up version can always been put together for another time.
Last edited by athainesegirl on Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ScarletMillennium
I'm new!

Post by ScarletMillennium »

I'm totally up for GX this year! HOPEFULLY I will have Chazz for this con..but if not Pharaoh will be making a glorious reappearance~
Actual King of Games
SaiyanHikari
Expert Poster

Post by SaiyanHikari »

Hey all! So the time is nigh. We should start planning photoshoot times, because once that's established I'm sure more people will join!
Any preferences for days, times, locations?
mukkukie

Post by mukkukie »

It seems like Friday would be a good time, and I'm going to be ygo on Friday as well. I don't have a preference for time, but probably after noon would be best. I'm not familiar with boston, so I have no idea for location. If anyone has any other opinions though, feel free to post. I'm just throwing out ideas.
rioja6
Experienced Poster

Post by rioja6 »

We can decide on the photoshoot time and location for both Friday and Saturday so everyone can go to what best fit their schedule. ^^

How about 2pm for Friday and Saturday on The 3rd floor by Room 313? OR at the Bottom level of Hynes around the staircase.

I know that adding a gathering/photoshoot is not to be considered "reserving" a place but I looked over the Gathering/Photoshoot Master Thread to try to pick a time and location that doesn't conflict with any of the others so far. But what do you guys think? Any other ideas for a time and location?
mukkukie

Post by mukkukie »

I'm only going Friday, so I'm not sure about the saturday shoot, but 2pm and by room 313 works for me! Judging by other shoots, it looks like a large enough area if there's a bunch of people that show up.
SaiyanHikari
Expert Poster

Post by SaiyanHikari »

I propose a 12pm photoshoot time on caturday, in defense position. Your move.
rioja6
Experienced Poster

Post by rioja6 »

@mukkukie Okay cool! So Friday's photoshoot can be at 2pm on The 3rd floor by room 313 then if that's cool with everyone else. I won't be at Friday's photoshoot but if it works for Friday people then awesome.

@SaiyanHikari In that case I sacrifice my 2pm Saturday card to special summon my 12pm Saturday card, in attack position. Get your game on.
Qu-ko
Veteran Poster

Post by Qu-ko »

The YGO shoots have never been especially huge in the past, so I anticipate it should be fine. I'll put in a request for Friday 2pm and Saturday 12pm. Both at the same location, if that's okay?

EDIT: Actually, since I just realized these both conflict with the Final Fantasy shoots (at least one of which I was hoping to attend), do we mind moving one of the shoots an hour or two forward? I'm going to be there to organize both shoots, but I'd also like to be able to make my other fandom shoot in a different cosplay, if possible... |D;
SaiyanHikari
Expert Poster

Post by SaiyanHikari »

I don't think I'm making it to the friday photoshoot, so moving that would be much better for me. Anyone else?
Note: I literally do not care about location, as long as we have somewhere at all.
Last edited by SaiyanHikari on Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rioja6
Experienced Poster

Post by rioja6 »

Both photoshoots at the same location is okay! I won't be at Friday's photoshoot so pushing it back an hour or two that day is fine for me if it's alright with everyone else.
Qu-ko
Veteran Poster

Post by Qu-ko »

Hmm... Are Friday and Saturday both at 12pm good, then? Let's just synchronize it across the board? |D
mukkukie

Post by mukkukie »

12pm is fine for me, and works for my Friday schedule. If the times are alright with everyone, and we have a location, we should get the information submitted ASAP so we can be on the list!
rioja6
Experienced Poster

Post by rioja6 »

Awesome! @Qu-ko Friday and Saturday at 12pm looks good so whenever you'd like to put it on the Master Thread go for it!
athainesegirl
Expert Poster

Post by athainesegirl »

RojaEspiritu wrote:Awesome! @Qu-ko Friday and Saturday at 12pm looks good so whenever you'd like to put it on the Master Thread go for it!
I'm down for that. =)
rioja6
Experienced Poster

Post by rioja6 »

Guys I just realized we have a problem. On Friday and Saturday there's already another photoshoot being held outside room 313. When we changed the time we didn't consider another photoshoot being held at the same place. Two photoshoots won't fit outside room 313. According to the Master Thread the bottom level of Hynes around the staircase is free at 12pm on both days. First floor underneath the second set of escalators looks free too. Someone else can also double check this but yeah, we should definitely change the location.
Last edited by rioja6 on Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SaiyanHikari
Expert Poster

Post by SaiyanHikari »

Let's snag that location for both days then. Keep it consistent.
athainesegirl
Expert Poster

Post by athainesegirl »

Just letting you guys know this Mokuba will be a little late 'cause I'm going to Carrie Keranen's panel that starts at noon...as Mokuba...and hopefully...senpai notices me in her panel... XD

But yeah let's make the staircase the new location.
rioja6
Experienced Poster

Post by rioja6 »

Hey guys! So I'm doing this favor for Qu-ko who is hosting the Yu-Gi-Oh! photoshoots. I'm just letting you all know the Yu-Gi-Oh! photoshoot location will now be changed to the bottom level of Hynes around the staircase for Friday. We should have the space to ourselves for at least an hour. Saturday's location will probably be changed too asap in order to avoid conflict with other photoshoots. The time will still be at 12pm for both days. We'll keep you updated thanks!
rioja6
Experienced Poster

Post by rioja6 »

Hey guys! Saturday's location will now be on the second floor by room 206.

So here's what the YGO schedule looks like now:
FRIDAY: 12pm on the bottom level of Hynes around the staircase.
SATURDAY: 12pm on the second floor by room 206.

Thanks guys!
Nyuu
AB Staff

Post by Nyuu »

Locking the 2016 gatherings, but please feel free to continue sharing your memories, photos, etc in the memories section!
Brian Magnant
Programming Assistant Director 2025
Cosplay Events Assistant Manager 2024
Masquerade Coordinator 2020, 2023
Assistant Masquerade Coordinator 2016-19, 2021-2022

Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination.
I will protect those who cannot protect themselves.
I will protect even those I hate, so long as it is right.