Looking for a new cosplay?

Looking for advice for your cosplay skit? Need help with your latest costume? Have advice to offer? Looking to sell some commissioned costumes? This is the place!
NaraHale
Getting the hang of this...

Looking for a new cosplay?

Post by NaraHale » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:31 pm

I'm not sure if this is exactly the right place to post this, but I thought I'd ask!

I've (not so recently) gained a lot of weight, so not only do my old cosplays not fit me anymore, my self-confidence is in the gutter because I feel like I look nothing like the characters I try to cosplay.

Some of my newer cosplays are Yuri Plisetsky from Yuri!!! on Ice, Joker from Persona 5, Sango from InuYasha, and Komaeda from Dangan Ronpa, Ultra Despair Girls variant. I love those characters, but I didn't love myself in those cosplays.

I was just wondering if anybody had any ideas for plus sized cosplay characters that are fun that might help me get back into the cosplaying groove? Cosplay is my favorite hobby, and I don't want to lose it due to poor self-esteem.

The only one I can think of is Rose Quartz from Steven Universe, and while I love Rose Quartz, I'm not certain if I want to cosplay her. It's something I'm considering though.

What do you guys think?
--------------------------------------------------------
Anime Boston 2019 Lineup (All Cosplays are subject to change. No definite plans yet)
Glimmer (She Ra Reboot)
DC Bombshells Wonder Woman
Cassidy (Pokemon Anime)
Sango (InuYasha)