where do i buy the materials?

Looking for advice for your cosplay skit? Need help with your latest costume? Have advice to offer? Looking to sell some commissioned costumes? This is the place!
cherrie
Getting the hang of this...

where do i buy the materials?

Post by cherrie » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:11 pm

I was trying to buy the materials for my cosplay granblue chika but I couldn't find where to buy clothes and EVA foams and other stuffs. I usually bought them at markets back in Korea but i'm at middle of no where rn so I have to buy online. Any suggestions?

Shiroikami
Veteran Poster

Re: where do i buy the materials?

Post by Shiroikami » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:19 pm

That really depends on how "middle of nowhere" you are. If you have transportation, a lot of places have a fabric and crafts store such as JoAnn Fabrics or Michaels where you can pick up a lot of the materials you might need. You can usually order things online from those stores as well.

If transportation is more of an issue, or your nearest craft store is further than you're willing to go, Amazon.com or just using Google to look for the specific things you want might be your best bet. For the EVA foam, I found https://tntcosplaysupply.com/ by putting "EVA foam" into Google - it was one of the first results. I don't know anything about their reliability, quality, or price-comparison though, so you might want to shop around a bit like that.
Flying is easy. You just have to learn to throw yourself at the ground... and miss...

2007 - Shinigami in Pink
2008 - Mitsuru (Persona 3)
2010 - Jade Curtiss: Doctor Mambo costume title (Tales of the Abyss)
2012 - Xion (Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days)
2013 - Yukionna
2014 - Kyubei (Puella Magi Madoka Magica)
2015 - Sailor Jupiter
2016 - Akatsuki (Log Horizon)
2017 - Sailor Jupiter