Oops! All Sports Meetup 2024

Organize cosplay groups, gatherings, and photoshoots in this forum. Post those "Is anyone going as ___?" and "I'm going as ___." threads in here. Please use descriptive subject lines.
puppyrock3
Expert Poster

Oops! All Sports Meetup 2024

Post by puppyrock3 »

Hello everyone! A few years ago, I co-hosted an all sports anime meetup, and the squad and I thought it would be fun to bring it back in 2024! The meetup will include a photoshoot, so please join us in your sportiest cosplay! Note that the cosplay does not have to be from a sports anime to join the photoshoot- this is Oops! All sports, afterall - it just has to be sporty.

We're planning on holding the meetup and photoshoot on Sunday afternoon of the con, but we can be flexible with the time slot until the official location booking goes live. A facebook event will be created once we have a set time. Let us know what times work for you below!

Here is a list of all of the sports anime and characters I could think of. If you plan to cosplay from an anime not listed here, or have specific character requests for photos, please comment so I can add them to our shot list.

Running Oops! All Sports Shot List
  • Everyone Present / Group Shot
  • Ace of Diamond
  • Blue Lock
  • The Body Improvement Club from Mob Psycho
  • Free! and 50% Off
  • Haikyuu!!
  • Kuroko no Basket
  • Mario (Tennis, Golf, Strikers, Baseball, at the Olympic Games, Kart, etc.)
  • Osomatsu-san
  • Prince of Stride
  • Prince of Tennis
  • Run with the Wind
  • Salaryman's Club
  • Sk8 the Infinity
  • Slam Dunk
  • Speed Racer
  • Stars Align
  • Tribe 9
  • Tsurune
  • Yowamushi Pedal
  • Yuri on Ice
  • Any 'sports day' from like slice of life / school animes
  • Any other sports anime & cosplays we may have missed
  • Requests
Remember to please be respectful of other con-goers and also follow the con's props policy.

If you have questions or other logistical considerations, feel free to comment those as well!
Last edited by puppyrock3 on Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2024 Cosplays
Mimi, Digimon | Gina, the Great Ace Attorney | Kyoka Izumi, Bungo Stray Dogs | Adam & Oka, Sk8 the Infinity

Daniel Grove
flyingvulcancosplay
Getting the hang of this...

Re: Oops! All Sports Meetup 2024

Post by flyingvulcancosplay »

Aaaa how exciting!! My fiancée and I hosted the Yowamushi Pedal meetup in 2023 so it’ll be fun to see even more sports anime folks!! Sunday would work fine for me, especially since cycling outfits are really comfy, lol.
✰ 2025 Cosplay Lineup (Tentative)
Thursday | TBD
Friday | Makoto Mita (sweet pool)
Saturday | Virus (DRAMAtical Murder) for THE CHiRAL NIGHT
Sunday | Midousuji Akira (Yowamushi Pedal) for Hime Hime!
Socials
puppyrock3
Expert Poster

Post by puppyrock3 »

flyingvulcancosplay wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:30 am Aaaa how exciting!! My fiancée and I hosted the Yowamushi Pedal meetup in 2023 so it’ll be fun to see even more sports anime folks!! Sunday would work fine for me, especially since cycling outfits are really comfy, lol.
Yay! So excited to see you! During the first all-sports shoot I hosted, I wore Viktor from yuri on ice with slippers of his own face. Comfy sunday cosplays are the best! This year mine will not be quite that comfy, but I hope the gathering can still be kind of chill regardless, haha.
2024 Cosplays
Mimi, Digimon | Gina, the Great Ace Attorney | Kyoka Izumi, Bungo Stray Dogs | Adam & Oka, Sk8 the Infinity

Daniel Grove
samwhite
I'm new!

Post by samwhite »

I wait for the sports anime meetup 2024. I really want to join it next year. I plan to cosplay Haruko Akagi in Slam Dunk :D
handfulshark
I'm new!

Post by handfulshark »

It's so exciting, I've been looking forward to participating in this event for a long time. Nice to meet you that day
mario games
puppyrock3
Expert Poster

Post by puppyrock3 »

We have decided to hold the event at 2pm on Sunday 3/31st! The facebook event is here: https://fb.me/e/grX2CECaO

The official signups are set to open today, so I'll put in that timeslot request when they open!
2024 Cosplays

Daniel Grove
theeesthernet

Post by theeesthernet »

Hello! On Sunday, my friend and I were planning on cosplaying as Speed Racer inspired Sonic characters! Would that count as sporty enough lol ?
AB 2024:
Friday - PASWG: Angel! Panty (w/ Soul Eater: Maka Albarn)
puppyrock3
Expert Poster

Post by puppyrock3 »

theeesthernet wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:36 pm Hello! On Sunday, my friend and I were planning on cosplaying as Speed Racer inspired Sonic characters! Would that count as sporty enough lol ?
Sure! Why not? I would count racing cars as a sport, lol.
2024 Cosplays

Daniel Grove
theeesthernet

Post by theeesthernet »

puppyrock3 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:51 pm
theeesthernet wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:36 pm Hello! On Sunday, my friend and I were planning on cosplaying as Speed Racer inspired Sonic characters! Would that count as sporty enough lol ?
Sure! Why not? I would count racing cars as a sport, lol.
Thank you!!
AB 2024:
Friday - PASWG: Angel! Panty (w/ Soul Eater: Maka Albarn)
nekropunx88

Post by nekropunx88 »

Hello everyone!
I just wanted to post some more updated information for anyone interested. The meetup/shoot will be on Sunday, March 31st from 2-3pm in Hynes Room 109!

This is the current shot list (which will be modified on the day of). If you see a series not on here, or if you see an error, please let us know! We're not super familiar with a lot of these shows, so there will probably be something missing!
  • Group Photo
  • Ace of Diamond (Seido, Inashiro, Yakushi, Komadai Fujimaki, Ichidaisan, Ugumori, Sensen, Hakuryu)
  • Blue Lock (Chigiri, Chigiri and Kunigami, Not Chigiri)
  • Body Improvement Club
  • Free! & 50% Off (Iwatobi, Samezuka, Tokyo)
  • Haikyuu!! (Karasuno, Nekoma, Fukurodani, Seijoh, Dateko, Inarizaki, Shiratorizawa, Itachiyama, Kamomedai, Adlers, Jackals, National Team)
  • Kuroko no Basket (Generation of Miracles, Seirin, Kaijo, Shutoku, Too, Yosen, Rekuzan, Kirisaki Daiichi, Seiho, Fukuda Sogo, Senshinkan, Josei, Shinkyo)
  • Mario Series (Tennis, Strikers, Golf, Baseball, At the Olympics, Kart, etc)
  • Osomatsu-san (if applicable)
  • Prince of Stride
  • Prince of Tennis (Seishun, Fudomine, St. Rudolph, Yamabuki, Hyotei, Josei Shonan, Rokkaku, Rikkai Daigaku Fuzoku)
  • Run with the Wind
  • SK8 the Infinity
  • Slam Dunk
  • Speed Racer (and Speed Racer inspired characters)
  • Tribe 9
  • Tsurune
  • Yowamushi Pedal (Sohoku High School, Hakone Academy, Kyoto Fushimi, Hiroshima Kureminami)
  • Yuri On Ice
  • Any ‘sports day’ costumes from slice of life/school anime
  • Any other sports anime
  • Pairings/requests
At the shoot, if you have any questions or want to request something/add your series to the list please look for either Adam, Cherry or Snake/Tadashi from SK8 the Infitiny!
Anime Boston 2017-2019, 2023-2024
Anime California 2019
Anime Expo 2010, 2012-2015, 2017-2019
Kumoricon 2012
puppyrock3
Expert Poster

Post by puppyrock3 »

2024 Cosplays

Daniel Grove