Photography Location Suggestions

Organize cosplay groups, gatherings, and photoshoots in this forum. Post those "Is anyone going as ___?" and "I'm going as ___." threads in here. Please use descriptive subject lines.
Ficus
AB Staff

Photography Location Suggestions

Post by Ficus »

If you want to meet other cosplayers at a public Cosplay Photoshoot or Gathering then Anime Boston has several official locations to meet around the Hynes Convention Center and Sheraton Hotel. A map of last year's locations can be seen HERE in the Cosplay Gatherings page. Changes to any AB Cosplay Gathering locations will be posted by the end of the year.

But what if you want to take pictures of just you and your friends during Anime Boston weekend, where do you go to get the best backgrounds? What's your favorite locations near the convention for cosplay photography?
This thread is for sharing locations that you've found and want to share with others for personal photoshoots.

These places are outside of Anime Boston's area of operation, and public, so take your own precautions and manners with you when taking pictures in these spaces.
--------------------------------------------------------
Ashley Shaffer
Cosplay Gatherings and Photosets Staff- 2024
redwillowhearts
Experienced Poster

Re: Photography Location Suggestions

Post by redwillowhearts »

Honestly my top choices tend to be taken by the photoshoots! But my choice in the convention center is anywhere on the 3rd floor hallway facing Boylston st. is my favorite. The lighting is usually the best there. My other choice would be the staircase between the 2nd and 3rd floors of the Hynes. But it can get a bit difficult to take pictures since a lot of people pass through there.
To my future self: you forgot to change your signature