JoJo's Bizarre Adventure 2015

This forum is for sharing photos, videos, reports, and finding people from Anime Boston 2015.
boogulu
I'm new!

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure 2015

Post by boogulu »

Hey everyone, how are my JoJos doing?

I'm currently working on my Gyro Zeppeli cosplay (I'll be using his All Star Battle default colors) and I'm very excited to say that I'll be hanging out with my Johnny (red white and blue version) while I'm in cosplay. I have quite a few friends who are planning their JoJo cosplays for AB, and I'm excited to meet more.

Are any of you thinking about having a /bizarre/ adventure this AB?

Also, I'm wondering if anyone is thinking about holding any sort of JoJo panel. My friend who is my Giorno and I were talking about an in character panel, but we're not sure what with certain cons not allowing them, if AB will allow any this year, and if people would even show up. Perhaps a JoJo history/education panel would be better? Tell me your thoughts.

Other than that I was thinking of maybe a Friday meetup around 4 or 5? Location ideas/people to help?
Cosplays For AB15

Friday Gyro Zeppeli (Steel Ball Run, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)
Saturday Tsukiyama (Tokyo Ghoul) & Lewis (Mystery Skulls, Ghost)
Sunday Tadokoro (Yowamushi Pedal)
moshella
Getting the hang of this...

Re: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure 2015

Post by moshella »

I'm not planning a cosplay but I'm a huge JoJo fan and would love to go to panels/see cosplays from it!

Why would cons not allow JoJo panels? That's disheartening. :cry:
bradical25

Post by bradical25 »

My friend and I are gonna be doing some JoJo cosplays too!
I'm looking to be Caesar Zeppeli on Friday and my friend is going to be Joe Joestar from Part 2.

My friend got me into the show and manga and I'm still kinda new to it. Currently I'm only about halfway through Part 3, but I will probably finish the show by Anime Boston.

Anyway I'm interested in the meetup on Friday. I'm not sure on locations as long as it's a good posing location.
Completed Cosplays:
2013: The Flash (DC Comics) Cyborg 009 (Cyborg 009) Booster Gold (DC Comics)
2014: Irvine (Zoids: Chaotic Century) Inumuta (Kill la Kill) Weezing (Pokemon) Dunsparce (Pokemon)
2015: Metagross (Pokemon) Caesar Zeppeili (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)
2016: Ringo Roadagain (JJBA) Hierophant Green (JJBA) Solrock (Pokemon)
2017: Vanilla Ice (JJBA) Mountain Tim (JJBA) Yonji Vinsmoke (One Piece)
2018: Senku (Dr. Stone) Wekapipo (JJBA)
GokaiSilver

Post by GokaiSilver »

I've been trying to figure out if I should do a Jojo's cosplay, but wasn't sure if my poses would be manly enough. Was thinking either Polnareff or Kakyoin (both from Arc 3: Stardust Crusaders)
AB Cosplay:
2013: Shotaro Hidari/Kamen Rider Joker, Megaman (Business Casual), Minecraft Steve
2014: Megaman (Business Casual), Barry Burton (Resident Evil)
2015: Shotaro Hidari/Kamen Rider Joker, Barry Burton (Resident Evil)
boogulu
I'm new!

Post by boogulu »

moshella wrote:I'm not planning a cosplay but I'm a huge JoJo fan and would love to go to panels/see cosplays from it!

Why would cons not allow JoJo panels? That's disheartening. :cry:
Oh, it's not the JoJo panels not being allowed, I mean IN-CHARACTER panels are starting to be removed from cons.
Sorry for the confusion.

But yeah meetup on Friday would be fantastic, even if a panel doesn't happen.
The moment a good location pops up to me I can help organize it.
Cosplays For AB15

Friday Gyro Zeppeli (Steel Ball Run, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)
Saturday Tsukiyama (Tokyo Ghoul) & Lewis (Mystery Skulls, Ghost)
Sunday Tadokoro (Yowamushi Pedal)
WeebQueen
Experienced Poster

Post by WeebQueen »

Two people in my group are being Joseph (Pt 2 ver.) and Jotaro but they're doing it on Saturday
ATTENDEE SINCE '05!!
AB 2018 plan
Friday - Sakuranomiya Maika - (Blend-S) - 100% DONE
Saturday - *Mystery*!Ryoji Mochizuki (Persona 3) - 100% Done
Sunday - Casual! Fem-Hawke (Dragon Age 2)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back up cosplays
NONE
is-not-a-vampire

Post by is-not-a-vampire »

My JoJo panel was just approved! I've been running it for a year across different cons and have been getting a lot of positive feedback on it. Its very fun and we do poses as part of it!

Besides the panel, I cosplay Johnny Joestar and it would be awesome to do a JoJo photoshoot sometime too!
Painted_Outlaw
Veteran Poster

Post by Painted_Outlaw »

boogulu wrote:The moment a good location pops up to me I can help organize it.
If it wasn't such an out of the way spot, I'd suggest the Gucci store the Prudential has; given Araki's love for the store, it'd be rather fitting, in a way.

(Even if that doesn't happen though, I do plan to get a picture taken there at lest once given how Part 6's Foo Fighters is one of my cosplay plans)
Attendee since 2010, panelist since 2016.
KidLoki

Post by KidLoki »

I'm bringing Johnny, Caesar, Dio and hopefully sugar mountain or mista! Jojos all weekend
boogulu wrote:

Other than that I was thinking of maybe a Friday meetup around 4 or 5? Location ideas/people to help?
If you need any help organizing a shoot let me know! I wouldn't mind running one on Saturday as well

As far as locations are concerned, I think avoiding outdoors would probably be best, but we could possibly get a 30-45 minute shoot in at the hotel area next to Barnes and noble at the prudential. last year the marvel group called ahead and got a reserved place pre-con.

The bottom floors underneath the email escalators of the Hynes are also good spots.

There were over 150 jojos at this past Katsucon, so we should definitely make sure we have somewhere spacious
AB17:
Aladdin (Magi Final Arc)
Mista (JJBA)
Giorno (JJBA)
Pidge (Voltron)
Jolyne (JJBA)

in no particular order.
MechaHeretic
Experienced Poster

Post by MechaHeretic »

Hey! First timer here and I'm going to be going as young Dio from the first episode, and I'm even going to have this katakana cut out on my cosplay.

I'm going to be him on Friday.
p-chan
Expert Poster

Post by p-chan »

WAHHHH I WANNA BE IN THE JJBA SHOOT BUT I'M ALREADY GONNA HAVE THREE COSPLAYS THIS YEAR...

Maybe next year I'll be Johnny!!
・∀・ ~ ・∀・ ~ ・∀・
is-not-a-vampire

p-chan wrote:WAHHHH I WANNA BE IN THE JJBA SHOOT BUT I'M ALREADY GONNA HAVE THREE COSPLAYS THIS YEAR...

Maybe next year I'll be Johnny!!
You can have more than three cosplays, please be Johnny and join us!
MechaHeretic
Experienced Poster

Post by MechaHeretic »

\I am almost done, just have to add some makeup. Can I get some advice if it looks any decent so far or not? And sorry for the pic being a tad blurry, my phone is not the best.
Last edited by MechaHeretic on Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
PockyBebop
Obsessed Poster

Post by PockyBebop »

Hey there! I was wondering if there would be some kind of Jojo meet-up this year. :)

I'll be attending the con on both Friday and Saturday, so a shoot on either one of those days works fine with me. I'll also be going as Daiya Higashikata from Jojolion (Part 8).

As for the location, we could probably meet at the end of one of the hallways at the Hynes. Those tend to be pretty spacious. If we end up getting any more people, then we can always move somewhere else.
AB Cosplays:
Kaworu Nagisa (Evangelion, AB '07)
Original Black Rose Duelist (Utena, AB '08)
Rule 63 Light Yagami (Death Note, AB '09)
KAITO (Vocaloid, AB '10)
Beatrice (Umineko, AB '11)
Matryoshka!Miku (Vocaloid, AB '12)
James Moriarty (BBC Sherlock, AB '12)
Nano (Nichijou, AB '13)
Thom Yorke (Radiohead, AB '14)
Daiya Higashikata (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, AB '15)
Elizabeth "Lisa Lisa" Joestar (Jojo, AB '16)
Rohan Kishbe (Jojo, AB '17)
mikitaka

Post by mikitaka »

Hey, I'm the Giorno mentioned in the original post!

I'm going as Gio friday and saturday morning and I would be happy to organize some shoots! However, I'm changing out of gio early on saturday so that shoot I might not be present for, but I can help on here! Time wise on friday I was thinking around 1 or 2 maybe?? but if that doesnt work than changing it is no problem. Saturday either the same time or maybe earlier, since theres a Lot of shoots scheduled already for later that day.

When it comes to location I'm open for ideas. As much as I would like an outside shoot I feel like its gonna be pretty cold still and jojo isn't exactly known to have the warmest outfits tbh so maybe somewhere inside is better? Normally I would say first floor plaza level by the escalators but it sounds like that areas gonna be packed for other shoots so if anyone has another idea for someplace else I'm all ears!

I can't wait to see you all! (´∀`)
AB 2015
Friday morning: Giorno Giovanna
Friday night: Barnaby Brookes Jr.
Saturday morning: Giorno Giovanna
Saturday afternoon/night: Koutarou Bokuto
Sunday: Barnaby Brookes Jr.
PockyBebop
Obsessed Poster

Post by PockyBebop »

mikitaka wrote:Normally I would say first floor plaza level by the escalators but it sounds like that areas gonna be packed for other shoots...
Not only that, but that tends to be one of the busier places at the con in terms of foot traffic, with people going in and out constantly.

How about the carpeted hallway outside of the Dealer's Room side door? It's on the first floor of the Hynes where reps from other cons in the area tend to set up tables for people to pre-reg for whatever. We could hold a shoot towards the end of the hall. Every morning of Anime Boston (usually up until noon), that place tends to be pretty quiet/empty, so we could set up a shoot there.
AB Cosplays:
KAITO (Vocaloid, AB '10)
Nano (Nichijou, AB '13)
mikitaka

Post by mikitaka »

PockyBebop wrote:
mikitaka wrote:Normally I would say first floor plaza level by the escalators but it sounds like that areas gonna be packed for other shoots...
Not only that, but that tends to be one of the busier places at the con in terms of foot traffic, with people going in and out constantly.

How about the carpeted hallway outside of the Dealer's Room side door? It's on the first floor of the Hynes where reps from other cons in the area tend to set up tables for people to pre-reg for whatever. We could hold a shoot towards the end of the hall. Every morning of Anime Boston (usually up until noon), that place tends to be pretty quiet/empty, so we could set up a shoot there.

Yea no honestly its probably my least favorite place to hold a shoot but it was the first thing I could think of that was big enough??

But ohh yeah I know where you mean. That could work! the only thing is we would have to hold the shoot pretty early so it wont be over crowded. Also are you sure its big enough? Cause i know that at all the past cons i've heard of the jjba shoots are Huge so we wanna make sure we have enough space for everyone
AB 2015
MechaHeretic
Experienced Poster

Post by MechaHeretic »

mikitaka wrote:Time wise on friday I was thinking around 1 or 2 maybe??
That time really works perfectly into my schedule so far, so I'd like to throw in my vote for that time slot if that's alright.
PockyBebop
Obsessed Poster

Post by PockyBebop »

MechaHeretic wrote:
mikitaka wrote:Time wise on friday I was thinking around 1 or 2 maybe??
That time really works perfectly into my schedule so far, so I'd like to throw in my vote for that time slot if that's alright.
I third this as well. It's neither too early nor too late in the day.
AB Cosplays:
KAITO (Vocaloid, AB '10)
Nano (Nichijou, AB '13)
Painted_Outlaw
Veteran Poster

Post by Painted_Outlaw »

Assuming nothing comes up, I'd be all for that time as well.
mikitaka

Post by mikitaka »

Alright! so lets plan for 2pm on friday!!

as for location thats still?? up in the air

we could do it on the third floor by room 313 if that areas not already taken by someone already? or we could switch the time to 1pm and do it on the 3rd floor by the plant centerpiece (since at 2 its booked by final fantasy)
AB 2015
is-not-a-vampire

oh oh, I got me, an old Joseph, a gappy, and possibly a Jesus, but I think we were all planning on going to another photoshoot at the same time. Is it possible to move this one slightly later? Its not a biggie if you guys can't. x.x
PockyBebop
Obsessed Poster

Post by PockyBebop »

ParallelTraveler wrote:oh oh, I got me, an old Joseph, a gappy, and possibly a Jesus, but I think we were all planning on going to another photoshoot at the same time. Is it possible to move this one slightly later? Its not a biggie if you guys can't. x.x
If we do end up changing the time, would 2:30 or 3 in the afternoon work with you guys (and anyone else in the thread)?
AB Cosplays:
KAITO (Vocaloid, AB '10)
Nano (Nichijou, AB '13)
MechaHeretic
Experienced Poster

Post by MechaHeretic »

PockyBebop wrote:
ParallelTraveler wrote:oh oh, I got me, an old Joseph, a gappy, and possibly a Jesus, but I think we were all planning on going to another photoshoot at the same time. Is it possible to move this one slightly later? Its not a biggie if you guys can't. x.x
If we do end up changing the time, would 2:30 or 3 in the afternoon work with you guys (and anyone else in the thread)?
2:30 and 3 still work for me, but anything past that I might not be able to do.
is-not-a-vampire

MechaHeretic wrote:
PockyBebop wrote:
2:30 and 3 still work for me, but anything past that I might not be able to do.
I'll see if that works for them (and now I'll also have a part 2 Joseph). If not, no need to change it up further because of me. Though, is it possible we do an do a another smaller or impromptu shoot Saturday afternoon? I know they'll have their JoJo costumes for then because that's when the JoJo panel is going to be.

Also you're Dio costume is looking great!
mikitaka

Post by mikitaka »

yea, 3 on friday is fine! Also after talking with my jolyne, we decided that the best place for the shoot would be in the south garden by the fountain, but if its still closed or if the weather's poopy (too cold, snowing, ect.) then we'll move it by room 210 (normally i would like it by 313 but the areas taken by the love live shoot at 3 so)!!

as for saturday, I'm up for a meetup if its early enough since I'm changing at around 2 that day. If it works for you guys at 1 the area around 313 is free so it can be there? Like I said I'm not sure if I'm gonna be there, but I can help with the planning no problem

let me know if that works so I can post it in the masterpost before the area gets booked
AB 2015
PockyBebop
Obsessed Poster

Post by PockyBebop »

So to recap, the Friday shoot is going to be at 3 at the South Garden (by the Fountain), but will be moved to outside of Room 210 of the Hynes if the garden is closed off/the weather isn't that great.

And Saturday's shoot hasn't been finalized yet, though we're looking at an impromptu shoot at 1 p.m. outside of Room 313 of the Hynes.

I should be free at 1 p.m. for the Saturday shoot as well, since there's a good chance I'll end up going to this Jojo panel that was mentioned. :)
AB Cosplays:
KAITO (Vocaloid, AB '10)
Nano (Nichijou, AB '13)
mikitaka

Post by mikitaka »

I reserved the spot for friday in the masterpost!
I didn't put in for saturday since thats still up in the air, but once its all figured out I can post for that too
AB 2015
MechaHeretic
Experienced Poster

Post by MechaHeretic »

ParallelTraveler wrote:
I'll see if that works for them (and now I'll also have a part 2 Joseph). If not, no need to change it up further because of me. Though, is it possible we do an do a another smaller or impromptu shoot Saturday afternoon? I know they'll have their JoJo costumes for then because that's when the JoJo panel is going to be.

Thank you! By the way, what exactly would the Jojo panel be? Would it be episodes of the anime, or a get together with skits?
PockyBebop
Obsessed Poster

Post by PockyBebop »

mikitaka wrote:I reserved the spot for friday in the masterpost!
I didn't put in for saturday since thats still up in the air, but once its all figured out I can post for that too
Thanks, mikitaka! :D
AB Cosplays:
KAITO (Vocaloid, AB '10)
Nano (Nichijou, AB '13)
is-not-a-vampire

MechaHeretic wrote:
ParallelTraveler wrote:

Thank you! By the way, what exactly would the Jojo panel be? Would it be episodes of the anime, or a get together with skits?
The first half is a presentation about JoJo media, like information on the author, the art style, the beginning of the story, and etc.. Then stuff about other JoJo media like the anime, games, manga reprints. Then the second half is reenacting poses from the manga! And some poses will be challenging lol. So its fun for people who want to learn about JoJo, and for fans!
pirateshiptehlamerz

Post by pirateshiptehlamerz »

I'm so pumped for this photoshoot! This is my first time cosplaying from Jojo's, and I'm thrilled to be doing so! I'll be going as Dio (season 1, vampire outfit). Can't wait to see you all there!
Painted_Outlaw
Veteran Poster

Post by Painted_Outlaw »

It all sounds great, I can't wait to attend.
And yes, MechaHeretic, your Dio outfit looks great. (Maybe I'll take a picture of my Foo Fighters outfit; not sure yet <<)
madslowburnish
Expert Poster

Post by madslowburnish »

I'm going to be Part Three DIO. Am I really the only one?!
AB23
Wonderful Life Pony Jill
Anime Boston 2012
Friday: Colette Brunel, Chibitalia
Saturday: Prince Hungary, Colette Brunel
Sunday: Pony
Anime Boston 2013
Friday: Raine Sage (Glamorous Beauty)
Saturday: Kugelmugel, Issun, Glam Beauty Raine, Amelia Seyruun, Mako Nerima
Sunday: Beauty Raine
AB14:
Haruka Nanase, Marik Ishtar, Freedert!Daisuke Niwa, Nonon Jakuzure, Lloyd Irving, Kyouya Ootori, Germany, Hungary
AB15:
L, Alicia, Paula, DIO, Marik, America, Kyouya
PockyBebop
Obsessed Poster

Post by PockyBebop »

I just checked the 10-day weather forecast for Boston, and as of right now, it'll be 52 degrees on Friday and partly cloudy for most of the day.

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/l/USMA0046:1:US

So with that said, there's a good chance we'll be having this shoot outside! :) I'm going to keep checking it periodically to see if we're in the clear as far as weather goes.
AB Cosplays:
KAITO (Vocaloid, AB '10)
Nano (Nichijou, AB '13)
mikitaka

Post by mikitaka »

thats great!! thanks for keeping up with it omfg!

Now all we can do is hope that the south garden is actually open (;´Д`)

EDIT: I forgot to mention!! i posted something on tumblr about the meetup too, since not many people use the forums so hopefully this will help spread the word
AB 2015
Painted_Outlaw
Veteran Poster

Post by Painted_Outlaw »

Just cross-posting pics of my Foo Fighters WIP, hopefully nobody minds.

Man, so many DIO's. D: It almost feels like we need a Diego just to make it feel complete.
Almost.
MechaHeretic
Experienced Poster

Post by MechaHeretic »

Painted_Outlaw wrote:Just cross-posting pics of my Foo Fighters WIP, hopefully nobody minds.

Man, so many DIO's. D: It almost feels like we need a Diego just to make it feel complete.
Almost.
Maybe we need to have a mini photoshoot on the progression of Dio, because oddly enough it doesn't look like anyone is going as the same Dio. :lol:
is-not-a-vampire

MechaHeretic wrote:
Painted_Outlaw wrote:Just cross-posting pics of my Foo Fighters WIP, hopefully nobody minds.

Almost.
Maybe we need to have a mini photoshoot on the progression of Dio, because oddly enough it doesn't look like anyone is going as the same Dio. :lol:
Ha! You thought this would be a photoshoot for all of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure but its actually just for us, Dios!
pirateshiptehlamerz

ParallelTraveler wrote:
MechaHeretic wrote:

Almost.
Ha! You thought this would be a photoshoot for all of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure but its actually just for us, Dios!
I guess everyone else is just going to have to... DIO WITH IT!!! >:D
MechaHeretic
Experienced Poster

Post by MechaHeretic »

pirateshiptehlamerz wrote:Ha! I guess everyone else is just going to have to... DIO WITH IT!!! >:D
I am WRYYYYYYYly excited for this. :twisted:
pirateshiptehlamerz

MechaHeretic wrote:
Diocon2015. It would be useless to call it anything else.
MechaHeretic
Experienced Poster

Post by MechaHeretic »

pirateshiptehlamerz wrote:
MechaHeretic wrote:
Diocon2015. It would be useless to call it anything else.
I guess I might have to go so far as to say this might just mean The World to me.
madslowburnish
Expert Poster

Post by madslowburnish »

Tempted to say that we should all go to Au Bon Pain afterwards... to laugh at bread.
AB23
Wonderful Life Pony Jill
Anime Boston 2012
Friday: Colette Brunel, Chibitalia
Saturday: Prince Hungary, Colette Brunel
Sunday: Pony
Anime Boston 2013
Friday: Raine Sage (Glamorous Beauty)
Saturday: Kugelmugel, Issun, Glam Beauty Raine, Amelia Seyruun, Mako Nerima
Sunday: Beauty Raine
AB14:
Haruka Nanase, Marik Ishtar, Freedert!Daisuke Niwa, Nonon Jakuzure, Lloyd Irving, Kyouya Ootori, Germany, Hungary
AB15:
L, Alicia, Paula, DIO, Marik, America, Kyouya
bradical25

Post by bradical25 »

I'm getting pumped for the JoJo meetup. Almost done with my Caesar Zeppeli cosplay.

I may have gotten in over my head when I said I would finish the entire series by Anime Boston.
I only just finished part 6 recently, but I've enjoyed everything that I've seen so far.
Completed Cosplays:
2013: The Flash (DC Comics) Cyborg 009 (Cyborg 009) Booster Gold (DC Comics)
2014: Irvine (Zoids: Chaotic Century) Inumuta (Kill la Kill) Weezing (Pokemon) Dunsparce (Pokemon)
2015: Metagross (Pokemon) Caesar Zeppeili (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)
2016: Ringo Roadagain (JJBA) Hierophant Green (JJBA) Solrock (Pokemon)
2017: Vanilla Ice (JJBA) Mountain Tim (JJBA) Yonji Vinsmoke (One Piece)
2018: Senku (Dr. Stone) Wekapipo (JJBA)
pirateshiptehlamerz

tokyograndpa wrote:Tempted to say that we should all go to Au Bon Pain afterwards... to laugh at bread.
Yes please!!! Laugh at all of the breads that will be eaten! And then we can go over to Starbucks and demand that they immediately change the name of their establishment to Diobucks, which is a far superior name.

I love that the Dio's are already scheming. We're already too powerful.
MechaHeretic
Experienced Poster

Post by MechaHeretic »

Perhaps with all the Dios, we shouldn't be taking pictures out in sunlight should we? Or maybe go out and buy all of the knives everywhere. :lol:

Seriously, really excited for this, I don't have too many Jojo fans in my area. I only just got into it recently myself.
mikitaka

Post by mikitaka »

HEY just to let you guys know the south garden is Still closed as of right now so the chances of it being moved inside are highly likely

hopefully itll be open by friday but I just wanted to give you an update ( ;´Д`)
AB 2015
pirateshiptehlamerz

I wouldn't be surprised if it's not re-opened in time for the con. It's one part all of the horrible weather we've been having (it's snowing today... Again), and one part having had problems with cosplayers in that area in the past. Here's to hoping it's actually open, though! It's a lovely location for shoots.
Painted_Outlaw
Veteran Poster

Post by Painted_Outlaw »

pirateshiptehlamerz wrote:Yes please!!! Laugh at all of the breads that will be eaten! And then we can go over to Starbucks and demand that they immediately change the name of their establishment to Diobucks, which is a far superior name.

I love that the Dio's are already scheming. We're already too powerful.
Ah, but do you believe in gravity? That there's a reason you replied to my post chain of all people?

I can't believe it took me this long to come up with a good Dio joke. x_x