Official convention Discord server?

This forum is for general questions for staff that don't fit into one of the forums below. Please read the FAQ before posting new questions.
Cattya
I'm new!

Official convention Discord server?

Post by Cattya »

Hi! I was at the Arcane meetup/photoshoot this year and the person running it said that pics from the meet could/would be posted on "the Discord". Does Anime Boston have an official Discord server still and is it open to members at this time? Google led me to a tweet from 2020 with a now-expired invite link and stating the limit was 100 members, I haven't found anything more recent than that. I'd love to be able to find the pics from that photoshoot particularly since the person attending the con with me at the time was unable to get a good view to take their own pics. I'd also love to be a part of the Discord if there still is one. Is that possible at this point?
lazerem
AB Alumni

Re: Official convention Discord server?

Post by lazerem »

There are a few fan/attendee run Discords but I am not aware of an official one. It's possible they were referring to a Discord created to coordinate the meetup/photoshoot, I saw a few of the cosplay meetups go that route as opposed to Facebook events.
Em Mailloux

Jr. Technical Staff 2018-2019
General Tech Staff 2020
Nemra
AB Asst Director

Post by Nemra »

hello!

AB does not have an official discord for attendees to join. We do have a participant server for those who are selected and waitlisted in events around the convention like in Cosplay Chess or the Masquerade to facilitate easier communication between event coordinators and participants but, in this case, the person you are referring to was speaking of a different server.
Nabil Samuel

Assistant Director of PR

illiterateunable
I'm new!

Post by illiterateunable »

It's probable that they were referring to a Discord server set up to facilitate communication before to and during the event. whoever you’re thinking of was probably referring to a different server.
mikasa23
I'm new!

Post by mikasa23 »

Unfortunately, Anime Boston does not currently have an official Discord server open to members. You can search for relevant hashtags on platforms like Twitter and Instagram,Buckshot Roulette such as #AnimeBoston #ArcanePhotoshoot, or the names of participating cosplayers.