Has anyone gotten Sheraton confirmation yet?

This forum is for general questions for staff that don't fit into one of the forums below. Please read the FAQ before posting new questions.
Kimtana
Getting the hang of this...

Has anyone gotten Sheraton confirmation yet?

Post by Kimtana »

It’s just a few days before the con, and I still haven’t gotten a confirmation from the Sheraton. Has anyone gotten theirs yet?

I only have my confirmation at the time of booking in December from Maritz.
Kimtana
AB attendee since 2006
Check out my gaming and geekery YouTube channel!
https://tinyurl.com/Kimtana
ArashiKurobara
I'm new!

Re: Has anyone gotten Sheraton confirmation yet?

Post by ArashiKurobara »

I still haven't received any confirmation e-mail but I did call up the hotel out of mild paranoia today (been a hot minute since I've been the one handling con hotel booking lol) and my reservation was there just fine, so it seems like things should be fine regardless.
InuMiroLover

Post by InuMiroLover »

Still waiting on mine! I was told to wait a bit after the rooming list was received and its almost con time, still nothing! I called up the Maritz several times and yes they know Im supposed to be at the Sheraton, yet when I call the hotel, the front desk keeps asking for a confirmation number that I still dont have. Ive been given contacts at the Sheraton who can actually help, but I received no calls or emails in response. I dont know what's up but this is too stressful for me. I'd rather just bypass the 3rd party and reserve with the hotel themselves and not deal with this. I dont want to come in on Thursday and be told they have no record of a reservation in my name and be completely screwed.
DemonGirl-Setsuna
Veteran Poster

Post by DemonGirl-Setsuna »

I had received an e-mail from Sheraton confirming my reservation on Saturday.
AB 2024 Cosplay(s);

~ To be Announced... ~

Been attending Anime Boston since 2010!
*Survived the Con Depression of 2020-2021*
Kimtana

Post by Kimtana »

Thanks for the responses, guys. I still have not gotten an email confirmation from the Sheraton, so I called them and at first they saw nothing, which made my stomach plummet, the they asked if it was for AB, and they found it. Despite that, I’m still sick to my stomach anxious that I will get to the hotel and get turned away because I do not have an email confirmation. I do not like not having tangible proof that I have a reservation, and it’s causing me a lot of anxiety….
Kimtana
AB attendee since 2006
DocWatson
Dedicated Poster

Post by DocWatson »

I have the E-mail confirmation from "the Anime Boston 2023 Housing Provider", Maritz, from 23 December 2022.
Kimtana

Post by Kimtana »

Yeah, that’s all I have, too, from the same month. I feel really uneasy because some have gotten a Sheraton confirmation, and some of us have not, and I don’t know why. When I called the hotel, they had a problem finding it, and didn’t even seen the disability accessibility option I had chosen when making the reservation —my boyfriend is Deaf and requires a hearing disability hotel room. Have a sickening feeling that we will be turned away when we get there tomorrow. I would feel incredibly relieved if I had gotten a Sheraton confirmation this week like I have gotten every year since 2006….
Kimtana
AB attendee since 2006
InuMiroLover

Post by InuMiroLover »

Kimtana wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:00 am Yeah, that’s all I have, too, from the same month. I feel really uneasy because some have gotten a Sheraton confirmation, and some of us have not, and I don’t know why. When I called the hotel, they had a problem finding it, and didn’t even seen the disability accessibility option I had chosen when making the reservation —my boyfriend is Deaf and requires a hearing disability hotel room. Have a sickening feeling that we will be turned away when we get there tomorrow. I would feel incredibly relieved if I had gotten a Sheraton confirmation this week like I have gotten every year since 2006….
So I was FINALLY able to get my Sheraton confirmation, but I had to call them, tell them who I was and what event I was attending, and tell them that I had never received a confirmation from them whatsoever. They found me via my last name, and emailed my info. Im pretty sure I would have never received it unless I had called about it. And this isnt as big an issue as getting an accessible room, but I did specify to them that I would appreciate having 2 beds since I wasnt able to get it locked down when I first made the reservation. I was told that they would see what they could do for me.

If you havent already, call the Sheraton and tell them who you are and that you're here for Anime Boston, and that you never received their confirmation. Be polite but firm with what you need, especially since you need an accessible room.
twilightfates
I'm new!

Post by twilightfates »

InuMiroLover wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:48 pm
Kimtana wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:00 am Yeah, that’s all I have, too, from the same month. I feel really uneasy because some have gotten a Sheraton confirmation, and some of us have not, and I don’t know why. When I called the hotel, they had a problem finding it, and didn’t even seen the disability accessibility option I had chosen when making the reservation —my boyfriend is Deaf and requires a hearing disability hotel room. Have a sickening feeling that we will be turned away when we get there tomorrow. I would feel incredibly relieved if I had gotten a Sheraton confirmation this week like I have gotten every year since 2006….
So I was FINALLY able to get my Sheraton confirmation, but I had to call them, tell them who I was and what event I was attending, and tell them that I had never received a confirmation from them whatsoever. They found me via my last name, and emailed my info. Im pretty sure I would have never received it unless I had called about it. And this isnt as big an issue as getting an accessible room, but I did specify to them that I would appreciate having 2 beds since I wasnt able to get it locked down when I first made the reservation. I was told that they would see what they could do for me.

If you havent already, call the Sheraton and tell them who you are and that you're here for Anime Boston, and that you never received their confirmation. Be polite but firm with what you need, especially since you need an accessible room.
Thank you! Just called them, and they looked up the name and found my reservation. Told them to email the reservation to an email address. It then appeared in my hotel app too :)