(RESOLVED) Cancelling Hilton Reservation

This forum is for general questions for staff that don't fit into one of the forums below. Please read the FAQ before posting new questions.
Beagall
Getting the hang of this...

(RESOLVED) Cancelling Hilton Reservation

Post by Beagall »

I'm trying to cancel a reservation I made at the Hilton since I found another group to room with, and I'm not sure how to go about this since Maritz has sent the reservations to the hotels, but I don't yet have a confirmation number. I tried calling the Hilton, but the person I talked to was unable to help me without a confirmation number, and told me to call Maritz.

I'm not sure what to do here, since I appear to be in a situation where both companies will tell me to call the other. If the reservation is not cancelled by this Thursday, I owe a minimum of 1 night's room/tax per the Hilton's cancellation policy. Anyone else have experience dealing with cancelling rooms while they are between Maritz and the hotels?

EDIT: I figured it out this morning, when you get to the Hilton's automated voice prompts you have to hit 0 to get connected to someone at the actual hotel who can help you. If you hit 1 which it suggests for cancelling reservations, you get transferred to a central call center for Hilton hotels and the people there have no idea how to access AB reservations.