Hotel reservation not found?

This forum is for general questions for staff that don't fit into one of the forums below. Please read the FAQ before posting new questions.
ayanamis
Getting the hang of this...

Hotel reservation not found?

Post by ayanamis »

Howdy y'all. Just seeing if anyone else had issues with booking a hotel through the AB website/Maritz? I booked the Hilton back in December and called them today to check how many beds were in the room and they didn't have record of my reservation, even though I have a AB confirmation. Just tried to do the same with the Sheraton and they don't show my reservation either, even though when I log into the AB reservation page it shows both hotels. Gah I'm so frustrated. Tyia!
Kalyoth
Determined Poster

Re: Hotel reservation not found?

Post by Kalyoth »

ayanamis wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:45 am Howdy y'all. Just seeing if anyone else had issues with booking a hotel through the AB website/Maritz? I booked the Hilton back in December and called them today to check how many beds were in the room and they didn't have record of my reservation, even though I have a AB confirmation. Just tried to do the same with the Sheraton and they don't show my reservation either, even though when I log into the AB reservation page it shows both hotels. Gah I'm so frustrated. Tyia!
You need to check your reservation with Maritz & not the Hotel directly. They have not handed off those reservations yet. The room information was in those listings when you made the reservations with Maritz. https://registration.experientevent.com/ShowBAC231
"You mustn't let mistakes weigh you down. Acknowledge them and take what you've learned to move on. That is the privilege of being a man."

Full Frontal - Gundam Unicorn
ayanamis

Post by ayanamis »

I see, that makes sense! Should I assume that everything is all set then? It's my first time booking through AB/Maritz so I'm unfamiliar with the processes. Thank you so much!
Kalyoth
Determined Poster

Post by Kalyoth »

ayanamis wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:22 pm I see, that makes sense! Should I assume that everything is all set then? It's my first time booking through AB/Maritz so I'm unfamiliar with the processes. Thank you so much!
Consider Maritz to be like a DoorDash that centralizes & then directs your reservation to the actual Hotel. I would not be shocked if there is a contract for revenue sharing for the events Maritz does as well. I run into similar things all over the place. If your reservation with them states x - for now you are ok. Once they send announcements out that they are transfering to Hotels, give it some time & then check with them if you need to. I find everything is subject to change until you actually check-in. So It's as all set as it can be from your side.
"You mustn't let mistakes weigh you down. Acknowledge them and take what you've learned to move on. That is the privilege of being a man."

Full Frontal - Gundam Unicorn
InuMiroLover

Post by InuMiroLover »

Something to keep in mind is the possibility of the one night deposit being taken out when the hotel officially receives the rooming list. Ive been to enough cons where the hotel took the deposit a couple weeks prior to con time, and others where I paid in full upon checking in. I know when I first attended AB a few years ago I was charged the first night before arrival at the Sheraton, but last year I paid in full when I checked in.

(And to clear any confusion, the deposit IS NOT an extra fee, you're just paying a portion of the entire cost of your stay)

Although I havent seen any announcement of pre-payment, just be sure you have the amount for your first night ready to be on the safe side. THIS 100% ASSURES THE ROOM! If for any reason the hotel cannot get the full deposit amount from the card on file, the reservation cancels and now you've got problems! And this goes for just about any con you book a room for!

If you have questions, call up the Maritz first about it and see if the hotel is going to ask for a deposit and when to expect it. Since we're a month until con time, I reckon that they'll be sending the room lists nearer the end of March, so now's the time! And once the room list is passed on, you should get another email from the hotel of your choice, once again confirming your reservation! Then you call your hotel if you have any questions.