Sheraton Help

This forum is for general questions for staff that don't fit into one of the forums below. Please read the FAQ before posting new questions.
Toni-chan
Getting the hang of this...

Sheraton Help

Post by Toni-chan »

I booked two hotel rooms and I put in the comments to have two beds and connecting rooms. I called cuz I had some other questions about the rooms and parking as well. The person i spoke to was rude and telling me I will have to deal with everything when I arrive cuz they didn’t know the answer. My family is coming this time and we will have 4 kids. They each have their own disabilities which is why it is important that we get the connecting rooms. one has autism (severe) and we have a handicap card for him for when we have him in the car. Is there close handicap parking at the hotel? Would we have to pay for parking at the hotel? I also asked about what the “run of house” room is and they said they never heard of it and that I get a complex? I’m just wondering if someone on here had to get what I got and can explain. The card we used to book the rooms hasn’t been charged yet, is there a reason why? I’m still new to attending anime Boston and just want to know more about the Sheraton and how they are in general. Should I call on a different day? What would you do in my position?
Insta/tiktok: itsmetoni_cosplays
They/them/theirs
waynoinsano
Determined Poster

Re: Sheraton Help

Post by waynoinsano »

I'd call the Hilton 1st, it's only like 150ft from their front door to the Sheraton entrance. See if they can accommodate your needs better if so cancel and rebook with them. Hilton will tend to be a little quieter, people will be moving about well into the night at the Sheraton, which sounds better for your family. As for parking you'll have to pay anywhere in backbay. Hilton $59 sheraton $65
Kalyoth
Determined Poster

Post by Kalyoth »

Toni-chan wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:25 pm I booked two hotel rooms and I put in the comments to have two beds and connecting rooms. I called cuz I had some other questions about the rooms and parking as well. The person i spoke to was rude and telling me I will have to deal with everything when I arrive cuz they didn’t know the answer. My family is coming this time and we will have 4 kids. They each have their own disabilities which is why it is important that we get the connecting rooms. one has autism (severe) and we have a handicap card for him for when we have him in the car. Is there close handicap parking at the hotel? Would we have to pay for parking at the hotel? I also asked about what the “run of house” room is and they said they never heard of it and that I get a complex? I’m just wondering if someone on here had to get what I got and can explain. The card we used to book the rooms hasn’t been charged yet, is there a reason why? I’m still new to attending anime Boston and just want to know more about the Sheraton and how they are in general. Should I call on a different day? What would you do in my position?
If you happened to use the convention hotel reservation system, that company still holds & manages your reservation up until 10-14 days prior to the event & then transfers the data to the hotel. Any questions primarily would be for this service in terms of your reservations until that time. As to charges, most hotels policies - also stated when reserved - mention no charges occur until the reservation timeframe - unless your booking direct for a special purchase deal with the hotel. So, likely no charges until April.

I would second my support for the Hilton. A wonderful property, a very short walk just across the street into the lobby of the Sheraton, quieter, more friendly, accommodating & been worth the stay every year for over a decade. You avoid most of the elevator shinanigans & have a quieter time overall as a guest.
"You mustn't let mistakes weigh you down. Acknowledge them and take what you've learned to move on. That is the privilege of being a man."

Full Frontal - Gundam Unicorn
boldner
I'm new!

Post by boldner »

Toni-chan wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:25 pm I booked two hotel rooms and I put in the comments to have two beds and connecting rooms. I called cuz I had some other questions about the rooms and parking as well. The person i spoke to was rude and telling me I will have to deal with everything when I arrive cuz they didn’t know the answer. My family is coming this time and we will have 4 kids. They each have their own disabilities which is why it is important that we get the connecting rooms. one has autism (severe) and we have a handicap card for him for when we have him in the car. Is there close handicap parking at the hotel? Would we have to pay for parking at the hotel? I also asked about what the “run of house” room is and they said they never heard of it and that I get a complex? I’m just wondering if someone on here had to get what I got and can explain. The card we used to book the rooms hasn’t been charged yet, is there a reason why? I’m still new to attending anime Boston and just want to know more about the Sheraton and how they are in general. Should I call on a different day? What would you do in my position?
first off I complaint to the hotel manager for the rude behavior of there staff member's

and second I will choose to stay in or look for another hotel which have well serving environment.