Hotel Reservations at Sheraton

This forum is for general questions for staff that don't fit into one of the forums below. Please read the FAQ before posting new questions.
ker0pii_
I'm new!

Hotel Reservations at Sheraton

Post by ker0pii_ »

Does the person who checks in have to be on the hotel reservation when booking a hotel? The minimum age for the Sheraton is 21, but neither I nor my friends will be 21 by April 2023. A coworker offered to check in for me since he will be attending the convention but not using the hotel, is that allowed or should I cancel my reservation? There was an option to have a contact person and I don't know if I should add him as a guest or just the contact.

I already have the room reserved in my name but since it's still December I have time to change things. This is my first time booking a hotel and I rushed because I know hotel rooms can get filled up quickly. It was my fault for not checking the requirements before booking, but again I rushed for it.
wickid_good
I'm new!

Re: Hotel Reservations at Sheraton

Post by wickid_good »

Check out this website. They recommend calling the hotel and finding out what you could do to register if under 21. Would be a good first step to see what you are up against, or stay at the Hilton.

Good Luck!

https://firstquarterfinance.com/hotels- ... -check-in/
ker0pii_
I'm new!

Post by ker0pii_ »

I just gave them a call, got immediately turned down about checking in under 21. I'll probably add my coworker as the contact and creditial person so that their name is on file for the reservation. Thank you for the suggestion though, it was worth the try.
ferretwrangler
Getting the hang of this...

Post by ferretwrangler »

You may want to confirm with the Sheraton, but I believe the name on the card used for payment has to match the name on the reservation as well.
AB 2024: Iria, Haruko (FLCL)
AB 2023: Emeraldas (Friday), Deedlit (Saturday), Marin Kitagawa (Sunday)
AB 2022: Futaba Sakura (Friday), Raphtalia (Saturday)
theonlylostsoul
AB Executive

Post by theonlylostsoul »

ker0pii_ wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:31 pm Does the person who checks in have to be on the hotel reservation when booking a hotel? The minimum age for the Sheraton is 21, but neither I nor my friends will be 21 by April 2023. A coworker offered to check in for me since he will be attending the convention but not using the hotel, is that allowed or should I cancel my reservation? There was an option to have a contact person and I don't know if I should add him as a guest or just the contact.

I already have the room reserved in my name but since it's still December I have time to change things. This is my first time booking a hotel and I rushed because I know hotel rooms can get filled up quickly. It was my fault for not checking the requirements before booking, but again I rushed for it.
Hi hi! Sorry for the delay, I was waiting on the Sheraton to respond to me to make sure I had the most accurate information. Here is the information on reservations regarding ages/who can check-in/who can pay:

•The reservation can be made by anyone who is 18 years of age or older.
•Upon check-in, there must be someone who is 21 years of age or older who is the one to check into the room and receive the keys.
•Payment can be made by anyone 18 years of age or older, it does not need to be the person who is 21+ or the person who is the primary name on the reservation.

Hopefully this clears up some of the questions!
Kirsten (Kiri) Smith
Director of Operations
Anime Boston