Lost Wallet

This forum is for general questions for staff that don't fit into one of the forums below. Please read the FAQ before posting new questions.
Cosmic Lune
AB Staff

Lost Wallet

Post by Cosmic Lune »

I dropped my wallet in Ballroom C on Saturday night around 1am. My friends and I stopped by Hentai AMV around then, so I had my wallet out for ID check and it must have fallen under my chair. My wallet has my drivers license, vaccination records, work ID, debit and credit card, health insurance and other crucial daily necessities. Additionally, of course I made the mistake of taking out a significant amount of cash for the first time ever for a con, which was also in my wallet.

I spent my entire last day of the con yesterday scouring my hotel and every place I stepped foot through between the panel and yesterday morning when I realized it was gone. No luck. I went back to the panel room in the morning and searched the floors, nothing. I checked with Hynes lost and found as well as the Command Center, they don’t have it. I also asked Tech, who is responsible for the room sweep at the end of the night, and they didn’t find it either.

At this point, I fully expect that it was stolen. There weren’t any unauthorized charges on any of my cards, but considering that I do have my phone number written very obviously on the front part of my wallet and have not received any contact, I am assuming some cruel attendee found it, took the cash and tossed it.
But I’m still hoping that whoever found it sees this and can find it in their heart to at least return the rest of my wallet to me. This is my worst nightmare come true and I’m a complete wreck.

If by chance someone with a heart did find my wallet and is human enough to return it to me, or if anyone knows someone who may have found it, please reach out to me as soon as possible. It’s a plain black leather wallet. I wish more than anything that I had been more careful with my possessions, and that I can say I had a wonderful first con back experience as much as anyone else. But because of my idiotic irresponsibility, I completely ruined the entire weekend for myself.

I hope whoever found it knows how emotionally catastrophic this is for me, as it would be for anyone. And if you’re reading this and really are that much of a vile human being, don’t forget that karma spares no one.
Roo D.! he/him/his !
Idol Showcase Coordinator
Anime Boston 20192024
Twitter | IG | Tumblr | YT
꒷꒦︶ ︶꒷꒦꒷︶ ︶꒷꒦

🫧 𖥻 2024 LINEUP﹕🫧

ғʀɪᴅᴀʏ: Kuchiki Rukia (Bankai) - Bleach
sᴀᴛᴜʀᴅᴀʏ: Settsu Banri (6th Anniv.) - A3!
sᴜɴᴅᴀʏ: Baji Keisuke - Tokyo Revengers
BumbleBee
Getting the hang of this...

Re: Lost Wallet

Post by BumbleBee »

We are sorry to hear. I always place my contact number in my wallet with a request "Please call me in case you found it"
Cosmic Lune
AB Staff

Re: Lost Wallet

Post by Cosmic Lune »

Thanks for the condolences. Unfortunately, it got into the hands of someone not quite as empathetic. I also had my phone number written massively on the front part of my wallet, there was no way it could have been missed. It was never recovered, nor was I was ever contacted. Even in our community, basic human decency is not guaranteed of everyone. Be careful all.
Roo D.! he/him/his !
Idol Showcase Coordinator
Anime Boston 20192024
Twitter | IG | Tumblr | YT
꒷꒦︶ ︶꒷꒦꒷︶ ︶꒷꒦

🫧 𖥻 2024 LINEUP﹕🫧

ғʀɪᴅᴀʏ: Kuchiki Rukia (Bankai) - Bleach
sᴀᴛᴜʀᴅᴀʏ: Settsu Banri (6th Anniv.) - A3!
sᴜɴᴅᴀʏ: Baji Keisuke - Tokyo Revengers