Question about ids

This forum is for general questions for staff that don't fit into one of the forums below. Please read the FAQ before posting new questions.
Bonono
I'm new!

Question about ids

Post by Bonono »

Hi, I read on the faq that people under 18 don't need to present a photo id when picking up a pre registered badge but the confirmation email says that photo id is required. I was planning on bringing a copy of my birth certificate because I don't have a school id, is that still ok?
Ryoko07
I'm new!

Re: Question about ids

Post by Ryoko07 »

I have the same question. My daughter is 16 has a learners permit but due to Covid she wasn’t allowed in person. So her id doesn’t have her picture on it. She did not receive a school if either.
Bonono
I'm new!

Post by Bonono »

Ryoko07 wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 5:26 am I have the same question. My daughter is 16 has a learners permit but due to Covid she wasn’t allowed in person. So her id doesn’t have her picture on it. She did not receive a school if either.
I just got another confirmation email saying people 16+ have to present a photo id along with the vaccination card. My next option is my passport but I don't know if it will be acceptable if it's expired.
suza
AB Executive

Post by suza »

Minors (under the age of 18) can pick up their badge with their parent/guardian/chaperone. This is especially important this year because we also have to check vaccination cards for each individual person.

Photo ID (for badge pickup purposes) just has to be something with a picture and name and doesn't have to be government-issued (so a school ID, credit card with name and picture, etc. will work. Expired IDs are also OK and so is a photocopy of a passport.

In the worst case, a copy of a birth certificate is OK.
Elisa Arteche
Anime Boston 2024 Director of Registration
Registration Staff 2008-2023