Hi-Dive

This forum is for general questions for staff that don't fit into one of the forums below. Please read the FAQ before posting new questions.
Kalyoth
Determined Poster

Hi-Dive

Post by Kalyoth »

Hi - I just noticed that AB is sponsored this year by HiDive. With Sony completing purchase of Funimation & Crunchyroll - I am seeking information on HiDive other than that they are owned by AMC. I am not seeing something that differentiates them from the others & I am looking to better understand them to potentially try their service.
"You mustn't let mistakes weigh you down. Acknowledge them and take what you've learned to move on. That is the privilege of being a man."

Full Frontal - Gundam Unicorn
MoonDragon20
Getting the hang of this...

Re: Hi-Dive

Post by MoonDragon20 »

Kalyoth wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 7:30 pm Hi - I just noticed that AB is sponsored this year by HiDive. With Sony completing purchase of Funimation & Crunchyroll - I am seeking information on HiDive other than that they are owned by AMC. I am not seeing something that differentiates them from the others & I am looking to better understand them to potentially try their service.
They have almost all of the Sentai Filmworks anime series on there (aka Akame Ga Kill!; Dororo; Fate; Food Wars; Haikyu!!; High School of the Dead; Is It Wrong To Try To Pick Up Girls In A Dungeon?; Luping the 3rd; Made in Abyss; No Game No Life; Vampire Hunter D; and Vinland Saga for some of the more popular/well known series. There are a few series like Ajin that are Netflix (or other service) exclusives instead of being on Hi-Dive.

They also have series that are non-Sentai Filmworks like Demon King Dalmao.

https://www.sentaifilmworks.com/a/catalog - Link to their catalog

For me with Crunchyroll and Funimation merging and no longer needing both, I instantly got Hi-Dive and the monthly/annual was cheaper than Funimation, so I'm actually spending less.

Hopefully this is helpful.
LadyMana
AB Staff

Post by LadyMana »

The full dealers room map hasn't been published yet but according to a recent Tweet made by the Anime Boston official account, Hi-Dive will be having their own booth at #1600 for those interested! In my whole convention going experience, they usually have plenty of staff involved at these booths to get people to sign up and pick up their little incentive item, this case being a memorabilia coin! Crunchyroll does it, heck Japan Crate will even do it, I would be surprised if Hi-Dive didn't. Hopefully someone there can answer your questions and maybe show you how to sign up for a trial :)

Here's said Tweet: https://twitter.com/AnimeBoston/status/ ... 4598104065

Lux Douglas
Photosets & Cosplay Gatherings Asst. Coordinator 2024
Cosplay Singer Coordinator 2023
Idol Showcase Staff 2021, 2022
Maid Café Staff 2019, 2020

Twitch Twitter Instagram TikTok Tumblr
Kalyoth
Determined Poster

Post by Kalyoth »

LadyMana wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 7:19 am The full dealers room map hasn't been published yet but according to a recent Tweet made by the Anime Boston official account, Hi-Dive will be having their own booth at #1600 for those interested! In my whole convention going experience, they usually have plenty of staff involved at these booths to get people to sign up and pick up their little incentive item, this case being a memorabilia coin! Crunchyroll does it, heck Japan Crate will even do it, I would be surprised if Hi-Dive didn't. Hopefully someone there can answer your questions and maybe show you how to sign up for a trial :)

Here's said Tweet: https://twitter.com/AnimeBoston/status/ ... 4598104065
I will have to check them out then. Will be curious to see what they are doing to remain viable since Crunchyroll has nearly finished absorbing Funimation into itself both Merch & Programming. My last experience with them years back when they first came to AB as a sponsor was not all that significant. Hope they have evolved.
"You mustn't let mistakes weigh you down. Acknowledge them and take what you've learned to move on. That is the privilege of being a man."

Full Frontal - Gundam Unicorn