Meeting Voice Actors?

This forum is for general questions for staff that don't fit into one of the forums below. Please read the FAQ before posting new questions.
phonominal.cos
Getting the hang of this...

Meeting Voice Actors?

Post by phonominal.cos »

I've been to a couple of conventions so far, but haven't explored actually meeting the voice actors and what people's experiences are, and what to do if that makes sense? I'm seeing a lot of cool guests being announced, and I would really like to experience this aspect :)

1. Do they usually have something at the table for signed prints/products, or is it best to bring your own item for them to sign?

2. Do they allow taking pictures or videos with them? Special request of voice lines? How many is typically allowed?

3. What's the typical form of payment, as I imagine there's some fees involved?

4. Will voice actors be available on each day of the Anime Boston event? Certain time slots, etc. (anything else to be aware about?)
Kanechan
Expert Poster

Re: Meeting Voice Actors?

Post by Kanechan »

You would do well to consult the FAQ on the con autograph policy, which will answer many of your questions about the guests and items. As for when they'll be showing up, free autograph session info on days and times should be available by the time the schedule comes out, which is usually within a week or two before the con, so not long now. It's harder to say when they will be available for the paid sessions, or how much they charge per autograph at those sessions until you get there. But most of the information you need can be found in the FAQs.
Klein bottle for rent; inquire within.
phonominal.cos
Getting the hang of this...

Post by phonominal.cos »

Alright thank you for the guidance :)
animosc
Expert Poster

Post by animosc »

Sorry if this is a silly question but is the autograph schedule posted in a different place than the regular schedule? I can't find it.
Kanechan
Expert Poster

Post by Kanechan »

I noticed that too. A little frustrating not knowing when the free sessions are supposed to take place, but I assume that the schedules on those aren't quite complete yet, so they can't really say anything about them at the moment.

(There's also the rather remote possibility that they may withhold that information, until they do the ticket handout sessions each morning. Of course they've never before done it like that, but I mention it as a possibility. It could be done that way if they wanted to.)
Klein bottle for rent; inquire within.
Nemra
AB Asst Director

Post by Nemra »

Can confirm, still being worked on!
Nabil Samuel

Assistant Director of PR

animosc
Expert Poster

Post by animosc »

Kanechan wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 5:19 pm (There's also the rather remote possibility that they may withhold that information, until they do the ticket handout sessions each morning. Of course they've never before done it like that, but I mention it as a possibility. It could be done that way if they wanted to.)
Please let this never, ever, ever happen.
Nemra wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 5:23 pm Can confirm, still being worked on!
Thank you!
animosc
Expert Poster

Post by animosc »