Nursing/Pumping locations? What's the Parents Lounge like?

This forum is for general questions for staff that don't fit into one of the forums below. Please read the FAQ before posting new questions.
RoaringJade
Getting the hang of this...

Nursing/Pumping locations? What's the Parents Lounge like?

Post by RoaringJade »

I'm a new mother, and while I'm not bringing my infant to AB this year, I still need to pump regularly. Is there a private and quiet space to do so? I've heard of the Parent Lounge but never entered, does it have something that will work (instead of being one big room). A fridge for storage would be amazing too but that's unlikely I know. I'll have to bring ice packs and a cooler.

Anyone have any experience? Or should I contact the staff?
SailorAstera
Determined Poster

Re: Nursing/Pumping locations? What's the Parents Lounge like?

Post by SailorAstera »

Jade, if you haven't heard back about this from staff or anyone yet it might be worth reaching out to the Hynes. A quick search shows they might use the First Aid Station in the main lobby for feeding/pumping đź’•
~*Sarah*~
AdorkaBows | AdorkaStock

"In the name of the Moon, I will punish you!"
Kagomechan
AB Staff

Post by Kagomechan »

RoaringJade wrote: ↑Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:36 am I'm a new mother, and while I'm not bringing my infant to AB this year, I still need to pump regularly. Is there a private and quiet space to do so? I've heard of the Parent Lounge but never entered, does it have something that will work (instead of being one big room). A fridge for storage would be amazing too but that's unlikely I know. I'll have to bring ice packs and a cooler.

The maps were released with the schedule. The Hynes 3rd Floor map https://www.animeboston.com/images/maps ... r_2022.png shows the Nursing Room in 307.
Mary Kaplan
Staff Resource Manager for Anime Boston 2013-2024
Director of Operations for Anime Boston 2006-2012
Secretary 2004-2005
Information Desk Manager 2003-2005
RoaringJade
Getting the hang of this...

Post by RoaringJade »

Kagomechan wrote: ↑Tue May 17, 2022 5:53 pm
RoaringJade wrote: ↑Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:36 am I'm a new mother, and while I'm not bringing my infant to AB this year, I still need to pump regularly. Is there a private and quiet space to do so? I've heard of the Parent Lounge but never entered, does it have something that will work (instead of being one big room). A fridge for storage would be amazing too but that's unlikely I know. I'll have to bring ice packs and a cooler.

The maps were released with the schedule. The Hynes 3rd Floor map https://www.animeboston.com/images/maps ... r_2022.png shows the Nursing Room in 307.
Thank you! I reached out to the Accessibility staff and was told there is a designated nursing/pumping area in Hynes Room 104 "Quiet Room." too.