Does Anime Boston have an online store?

This forum is for general questions for staff that don't fit into one of the forums below. Please read the FAQ before posting new questions.
nenie
Determined Poster

Does Anime Boston have an online store?

Post by nenie »

Rising from the grave here, haven’t posted in a year or 2. But just wondered does AB have an online store of convention brand merch? Just with the AB stuff. I would be interested in buying if there was a setup.
And not sure if AB will happen this year, but heck I’d go. Would AB think about maybe set a pop up shop in the commons when it gets warmer? For AB merch and pre reg? I’d be willing to travel for that too.
AB07 Aya from Super Gals
AB08 Bouquet from Blue Dragon & Kairi from KH2
AB09 Dawn from Pokemon Diamond and Pearl
AB10 Pan from Dragon Ball GT
AB11 Mio Akiyama from K-On!
AB12 Talim from Soul Calibur 2
AB13 Utena from Revolutionary Girl Utena
AB14 Rico Brzenska from Attack on Titan & Terra from Teen Titans
AB15 Rico Brzenska from Attack on Titan & Utena
AB16 Casey from Pokemon
AB17 Kiyone from Tenchi Muyo & Pokemon Go Trainer
AB18 Team Skull Grunt & Kiyone
THX1139
Veteran Poster

Re: Does Anime Boston have an online store?

Post by THX1139 »

I have the same question. I would buy AB stuff if it was available.
Badge name THX1139 not cosplaying.
Nemra
AB Asst Director

Post by Nemra »

Hey Guys,

sorry it took so long to reply. I had written a response a while ago and then the computer crashed before I finished and then completely forgot to rewrite.

short answer is that we unfortunately do not have an online store. All merch availability is at the con.
Nabil Samuel

Assistant Director of PR

Kalyoth
Determined Poster

Post by Kalyoth »

With 2 years now gone, I am still amazed in the day of the internet that there is no partnership with a company that makes official merch for sale to help benefit the convention. Just takes a talk & image approval upon select merchandise & they print ship & pay royalties etc. No warehousing or even personnel operating this. We all know the companies that do this as many of us are likely their customers already.

You have a full line of potential products we have all seen at stores conventions etc. available & could even go back in time with older art if you so chose as we have themes that fit most major holidays across the year in our past. Seasonal merch is very doable. Your only limit is the depth of the wallet of the buyer. Do not even need to offer the same stuff all year long. So the fear of demand & loss of sales at the next convention is significantly reduced. You could also gauge through sales data the products to have at the next convention based on market trends.

Just an idea for revenue all year long.
"You mustn't let mistakes weigh you down. Acknowledge them and take what you've learned to move on. That is the privilege of being a man."

Full Frontal - Gundam Unicorn
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

I raised the same idea at the Feedback Panel 10 or 11 years ago myself.

In short, it costs money to run and maintain an online store and AB as an in-person event prefers to sell merch during the event. There's also the fact you'd need to have dedicated staff to run and maintain an online store too.

I have noticed AB's merch booth has been making it a point to keep a certain number of merch from past years in reserve since then though. Not a whole lot but there's no harm asking.
Serene Adventure on Wordpress
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

Attendee from 2010 to 2018. Ran multiple panels at AB from 2012 to 2016. Plans to return as a panelist in 2025 or 2026!

...All-around nice guy. Please subscribe to both blogs, especially the second one for Anime and Manga-related news or updates ^_^