Travel Concerns Via Public Transportation & the Recent Coronavirus Declaration in Boston

This forum is for general questions for staff that don't fit into one of the forums below. Please read the FAQ before posting new questions.
Kalyoth
Determined Poster

Travel Concerns Via Public Transportation & the Recent Coronavirus Declaration in Boston

Post by Kalyoth »

Looking to see if there has been any official plans announced by the MBTA, City of Boston or the Commonwealth in regards to usage of Public Transportation in regards to the first declaration that it is within MA. Will there be any consideration allowed for those with immediate health concerns attending? I know it's brand new. Just like to make plans in advance & in a calm manner. Thanks!
"You mustn't let mistakes weigh you down. Acknowledge them and take what you've learned to move on. That is the privilege of being a man."

Full Frontal - Gundam Unicorn
Lamron
AB Staff

Re: Travel Concerns Via Public Transportation & the Recent Coronavirus Declaration in Boston

Post by Lamron »

1st - Don't panic

2nd - Don't treat anyone (esp anyone who looks east Asian) that looks or you might think is sick, poorly in any way.

3rd - Unless something new comes out in the future, this virus is spread just like the rest. So take the usual precautions(be careful what you touch and use hand sanitizer). When you touch something in public, clean your hands before you eat or touch your face. Wear a mask and/or gloves if you want. Bring some sani wipes with you and clean anything that can be cleaned( the seats/handrails on the T), before you touch it (not other people)

4th - If you feel sick, stay in. If it gets worse, go to the doctors. If you must go out, please wear a mask. Cover your coughs and sneezes.

On a side note about CONFLU; Although some people do get sick at cons(my sympathy), most conflu comes from exhaustion and dehydration. So make sure you get enough rest and drink enough water. That will also help you in preventing getting the real flu.
Ray DeArville

Event photo staff 2022 - 2024

Event photo staff 2020 - 2021

Past ABs 05 - 10, 13 - 19
Faceman
AB Executive

Re: Travel Concerns Via Public Transportation & the Recent Coronavirus Declaration in Boston

Post by Faceman »

There has not been any official announcement by the city or state at this time. If there are any developments we'll keep everyone updated.

In the meanwhile we recommend you practice standard sanitary measures, like washing your hands frequently, covering your mouth when sneezing and coughing, and staying home when sick if possible.
Chris O'Connell
Director of Public Relations

Have a question? Private Message or Email me!
Notmystyle91
I'm new!

Post by Notmystyle91 »

Hi! I have a follow up question. If we wear a face mask to AB will security be a problem? Like will they pull me aside for extra searching ?
Lamron
AB Staff

Post by Lamron »

Notmystyle91 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:57 pm Hi! I have a follow up question. If we wear a face mask to AB will security be a problem? Like will they pull me aside for extra searching ?

Hynes security is separate from AB and we can't control what the Hynes security staff will or won't do. I will say this, even if they do pull more people aside because of masks(which I doubt), doesn't it make sense to keep your health safer and put up with a couple more searches?
Ray DeArville

Event photo staff 2022 - 2024

Event photo staff 2020 - 2021

Past ABs 05 - 10, 13 - 19
Fetch
Show-off

Post by Fetch »

Lamron wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:55 am
Notmystyle91 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:57 pm Hi! I have a follow up question. If we wear a face mask to AB will security be a problem? Like will they pull me aside for extra searching ?

Hynes security is separate from AB and we can't control what the Hynes security staff will or won't do. I will say this, even if they do pull more people aside because of masks(which I doubt), doesn't it make sense to keep your health safer and put up with a couple more searches?
From what the BPD, MCCA, and AB security people have said at the entrances the last few years: "HAVE YOUR BAGS OPEN, POCKETS EMPTY, AND MASKS OFF!"
midnightsiren182
AB Staff

Post by midnightsiren182 »

The Surgeon General has just come out saying that face masks are not going to keep you from catching the virus and are those buying them in panic are actually depriving health care professionals and those in true need from this resource.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/29/heal ... masks.html

Until more news comes from the city, keep in mind these common-sense prevention practices for right now: wash hands and if any of us feel sick or coming down with something, stay home.
Lauren Gallo
Programming Ops Staff 2024
Kagomechan
AB Staff

Post by Kagomechan »

The T is employing additional sanitation measures:

https://www.mbta.com/news/2020-03-04/in ... oronavirus
Mary Kaplan
Staff Resource Manager for Anime Boston 2013-2024
Director of Operations for Anime Boston 2006-2012
Secretary 2004-2005
Information Desk Manager 2003-2005
Elli21486
Obsessed Poster

Post by Elli21486 »

I think it may be a good idea to address the virus as a sticky since we are getting closer to Anime Boston. Perhaps even releasing a video.
Past Conventions:
AB 2007-2009; 2011-2019, 2022

2023 Anime Boston Stats Debating

Creator of the Anime Boston Voter's Reaction vids. View them at Eri21486's Youtube Channel

Past Picture Galleries
2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017

Past Galleries Available If Asked