Question regarding badge for 18 and up.

This forum is for general questions for staff that don't fit into one of the forums below. Please read the FAQ before posting new questions.
Razorlin
Getting the hang of this...

Question regarding badge for 18 and up.

Post by Razorlin »

Hello,

I am writing you as to find the answer to a question I have regarding age status for 18+ panels. Every year I take my siblings to the con (except for last year we had family obligations.) My sister who is 17 will be turning 18 on the 11th and will be wanting to attend some of the 18 and up stuff. How would we go about handling this? We already purchased badges. Is there a way she can get her 18+ sticker the Friday of the con? I’ll be her technical guardian for the Friday of the convention (I am 31.)

Thank you so much for your time.

Razorlin
waynoinsano
Determined Poster

Re: Question regarding badge for 18 and up.

Post by waynoinsano »

never saw a 18+ sticker. they always just checked id at door.
DemonGirl-Setsuna
Veteran Poster

Post by DemonGirl-Setsuna »

waynoinsano is right.
I've also never seen nor heard of an 18+ sticker. (The only sticker I know of is one for Accessibility)

Please see Convention Info/FAQ:
http://www.animeboston.com/coninfo/convention_faq/#4 wrote:
3. Getting into "18+" programming

At night, Anime Boston has some events which are "18+". You must show a government issued photo ID (driver's license, passport, etc.) that has your birthdate in order to be admitted to the room. Security will check IDs at the door and have the right to refuse entry to anyone without a photo ID or anyone with an ID that appears to be forged.
AB 2024 Cosplay(s);

~ To be Announced... ~

Been attending Anime Boston since 2010!
*Survived the Con Depression of 2020-2021*
Razorlin
Getting the hang of this...

Post by Razorlin »

Some cons do hole punches some do stickers so do nothing I just couldn’t remember.
theonlylostsoul
AB Executive

Post by theonlylostsoul »

Hello!

To verify age for 18+ programming, our Security Staff members will need to see each person's id prior to entering the panel/event (in addition to their badge). If you run into any issues, you can always request that a Security Manager come to the location or visit Security in room 109. Thanks for checking in, and I think it's awesome that you do this for them! What a way to celebrate her 18th birthday too! ^.^
Kirsten (Kiri) Smith
Director of Operations
Anime Boston