Food?

This forum is for general questions for staff that don't fit into one of the forums below. Please read the FAQ before posting new questions.
Sydneyec10
I'm new!

Food?

Post by Sydneyec10 »

It’s me and my friends first time going to anime Boston and we’re going the Friday and Saturday. We were wondering what the food situation was like. Can we bring food (sandwiches) or is only things like granola bars allowed? ICan we bring reusable water bottles?
Thank you!!
barkTPB
Getting the hang of this...

Re: Food?

Post by barkTPB »

You can bring food for yourself. I always bring sandwiches and water and never have a problem. I've seen someone with pizza and a massive box of cheezits before, so the security generally shouldn't give you a problem in my experience.
Fetch
Show-off

Post by Fetch »

Bringing your own food is perfectly ok.
What the Hynes is watching out for is anyone trying to sell food, as the contract they have with their food vendor forbids anyone but the food vendor selling food in the Hynes. But, they are so paranoid of it that the booths in the dealer's room and artist's alley are not allowed to give out free candy.
waynoinsano
Determined Poster

Post by waynoinsano »

I'll add lots of food choices around the con itself 5-10 min walk radius. Mass. Ave, Boylston, and Hunnington. Everything from fast food burgers and pizza to sit down casual If you want a hot meal. I usually bring a PB sandwich and a small snack for lunch then get a filling meal at night.