Quick dress code question for Formal Ball

This forum is for general questions for staff that don't fit into one of the forums below. Please read the FAQ before posting new questions.
JosephW
Veteran Poster

Quick dress code question for Formal Ball

Post by JosephW »

Last year I had a full-on formal suit for the Formal Ball, but this year I was planning on something a little lighter...well, pretty much just my normal cosplay. Which is comprised of a white dress shirt and red tie, and some black/dark grey dress pants, as well as brown dress shoes.

More specifically, Haida from Aggretsuko: https://i.imgur.com/7QxW7jc.png

Just want to make sure if this is allowed, or if I'm gonna need to bring a suit jacket along with me.
AB 2018: Nick Wilde
AB 2019: Haida (Fri) / Inkling Boy (Sat)
AB 2022: Nick Wilde (Zootopia)
eevee
AB Staff

Re: Quick dress code question for Formal Ball

Post by eevee »

Dress codes for Formal Ball and the Semi-Formal Ball differ slightly in that the Semi-Formal can be less stringent, but still adheres to a certain dress code for the occasion. For the Formal Ball, you will need a jacket or blazer. The outfit you described will work for the Semi-Formal Ball. Please refer to our Formal Ball and Semi-Formal Ball pages for further details on dress code.
Winnie Chen

Social Media Coordinator 19 20 21
Social Media Staff 18
Assistant Customer Service Manager 16 17
Press Liaison 16
Registration Staff 12 13 14 15
JosephW
Veteran Poster

Re: Quick dress code question for Formal Ball

Post by JosephW »

Ah, so I'll just need to throw on my jacket, pretty much, since the cosplay already features black dress pants and dress shoes.
AB 2018: Nick Wilde
AB 2019: Haida (Fri) / Inkling Boy (Sat)
AB 2022: Nick Wilde (Zootopia)