I have question regarding medication

This forum is for general questions for staff that don't fit into one of the forums below. Please read the FAQ before posting new questions.
olyly94
I'm new!

I have question regarding medication

Post by olyly94 »

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but am I allowed to bring prescription medication into the convention center with me? I take Xanax for my anxiety, and since I have a high chance of having an anxiety attack, I want to know if I'm allowed to bring it in with me. Thank you!
Nemra
AB Asst Director

Re: I have question regarding medication

Post by Nemra »

hey there!

As long as they're prescription medication you'll be fine but to make it more streamlined and easier, please also keep them in that orange bottle and not on their own.

In the event that something does happen at security check and it ends up taken, please immediately report it to Con ops which is located directly in front of the Dealer's Room on the first floor in Room 108 and we'll help you however we can to sort it out!
Nabil Samuel

Assistant Director of PR

Ciaobirdie
Expert Poster

Post by Ciaobirdie »

I've brought prescriptions in every year. I always keep them in their original bottle with the label and put them in a zip lock bag to keep them together during bag check.
"We all got a chicken-duck-woman-thing waiting for us."
AucoinKirsten
Getting the hang of this...

Post by AucoinKirsten »

I have a lot of health conditions, so I've brought bottles of both prescription and nonprescription medication into the convention in the past years. I've never had any issue with it. In the past, with other conventions, I've simply explained the situation if it's come up.
As others stated, it is helpful to keep it in the bottle with your name on it (for prescription drugs).
Past years' cosplays: Sayaka Miki, Harley Quinn, Lucy Heartfilia, Bill Cipher, Carol Peletier, Chat Noir, and Misa Amane.

Check me out on Instagram! @aucoinkirsten