Question about photoshoots

This forum is for general questions for staff that don't fit into one of the forums below. Please read the FAQ before posting new questions.
pancakebun
I'm new!

Question about photoshoots

Post by pancakebun »

Hello! I really hope this hasn’t been answered before, but I wanna know if it’s alright to host a photoshoot if you’re under 18! I’m 15 currently but in Anime Boston 2019, I’ll be 16. I’m asking if it’s alright because I know you have to be over 18 to host a panel or set up a table at the artist’s alley (last time I checked! I don’t know if this is still a thing) and I don’t know if the same applies to photoshoots!! Thank you
Mirotic
Veteran Poster

Re: Question about photoshoots

Post by Mirotic »

Not staff

Photoshoots are different from Artist Alley or Panels in that they're NOT regulated by Anime Boston staff.
Anyone can set up a photoshoot anywhere at any time, no matter your age.
This year, Anime Boston decided to allow people to reserve areas of the con for photoshoots at certain times, but photoshoots are still not official programming set up by AB.
Does that make sense?

I will recommend you either don't leave the convention center or bring a group of friends for safety purposes if you are coordinating a photoshoot with strangers at your age.
I believe if time passes, everything turns into beauty. If the rains stop, tears clean the scars of memory away. Everything starts wearing fresh colors. Every sound begins playing a heartful melody. Jealousy embellishes a page of the epic. Desire is embraced in a dream. But my mind is still in chaos and..
2012 / 2013 / 2014 / 2015 / 2016 / 2017 / 2018 / 2019 / 2020 / 2021 / 2022
pancakebun
I'm new!

Post by pancakebun »

Thank you so much! Yeah, I’m definitely going to bring a friend or family member with me if I’m going to do a photoshoot. Thank you so much!
THX1139
Veteran Poster

Post by THX1139 »

AB has been reserving rooms in the hotel across the street for photoshoots. It's not totally hands off. Photo shoots are part of the con experience.
Badge name THX1139 not cosplaying.