Please Help

This forum is for general questions for staff that don't fit into one of the forums below. Please read the FAQ before posting new questions.
tmalo17
I'm new!

Please Help

Post by tmalo17 »

Hello Guys!

I really could use some help for this weekend. I am a manager at a program and I have 3 young adults who are very interested in going to this on Sunday. They have worked hard over the last few weeks and I unfortunately discovered this event at the last minute. I have attempted to contact all the parties involved but no one is willing to answer my phone calls. If there is anyone willing to answer a few questions I truly would appreciate it.

Why is there no possibility to purchase tickets online?

Do they take credit cards at the desk?

When is the best time to arrive?

Is it difficult for them to navigate?

I would be genuinely appreciative of any information.

Thank you
Nemra
AB Asst Director

Re: Please Help

Post by Nemra »

tmalo17 wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:47 am Hello Guys!

I really could use some help for this weekend. I am a manager at a program and I have 3 young adults who are very interested in going to this on Sunday. They have worked hard over the last few weeks and I unfortunately discovered this event at the last minute. I have attempted to contact all the parties involved but no one is willing to answer my phone calls. If there is anyone willing to answer a few questions I truly would appreciate it.

Thank you
Hi there!

No one is going to take a phone call because we do not have a phone number for people to call! now onto your questions!

1) Online registration closed on March 23rd. The only option during the event is to purchase them at registration when you first arrive in the Sheraton.

2) Credit cards will be just fine!

3) Can't really answer when the best time to arrive is as it depends on a few factors but our registration lines go by pretty quickly.

4) You can find maps, hours of operation, and the schedule of our events on our website here. We also have this schedule on an app called Guidebook which we also recommend using. Simply download the app and search for "Anime Boston 2018" and it should show up!
Nabil Samuel

Assistant Director of PR

tmalo17
I'm new!

Post by tmalo17 »

Nemra wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:18 pm
tmalo17 wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:47 am Hello Guys!

Thank you
Hi there!

No one is going to take a phone call because we do not have a phone number for people to call! now onto your questions!

1) Online registration closed on March 23rd. The only option during the event is to purchase them at registration when you first arrive in the Sheraton.

2) Credit cards will be just fine!

3) Can't really answer when the best time to arrive is as it depends on a few factors but our registration lines go by pretty quickly.

4) You can find maps, hours of operation, and the schedule of our events on our website here. We also have this schedule on an app called Guidebook which we also recommend using. Simply download the app and search for "Anime Boston 2018" and it should show up!
Thank you for answering!

I cannot give the company credit card to them, is there any other way on Sunday to call and provide the card information when they arrive?

I cannot have one of my staff attend the event the entire day, my program would then be short staffed.

What kind of identification do they need? This is also an obstacle I imagine.
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

...I'm not Convention Staff but as someone who has helped groups attend Anime Boston in years past, I think I may be able to help with some of your questions.

- As noted earlier, Pre-Registration closed on March 23. It usually ends one week before the first day of the convention. Two big advantages to Pre-Registation is you can pick up your convention badge the evening before the Con begins.The other is you save time whenever you go pick up your badge.

- In regards to your credit card concerns, I assume the young people are under 18 in which case someone 18+ would have to go with them to get convention badges and make the purchase regarding that. Whoever goes with them needs to have a valid ID to pick up the badges.

- Attendees are free to come and go while panels, events and other things are going on if you have to leave. I would reccommend having those who are going look at the convention schedule and try to decide in advance what they might want to see. You can download the schedule with the Guidebook App (Android and iOS) for free as well.

...Hope you find all this helpful.
Serene Adventure on Wordpress
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

Attendee from 2010 to 2018. Ran multiple panels at AB from 2012 to 2016. Plans to return as a panelist in 2025 or 2026!

...All-around nice guy. Please subscribe to both blogs, especially the second one for Anime and Manga-related news or updates ^_^