Bag/Coat Check

This forum is for general questions for staff that don't fit into one of the forums below. Please read the FAQ before posting new questions.
Kasutieru
Determined Poster

Bag/Coat Check

Post by Kasutieru »

My apologies if this is a topic that has been brought up again but will the Hynes Convention Center be doing the bag/coat check again near the entrance ramp? Our room will not be available to be checked in to until 2-3 pm but I wished to wear my cosplay while we waited. If they are doing this again, how much does it cost to have your bag checked?

Thanks a ton!
Anime Boston 2018
Female Rakan, League of Legends

Past Cosplays
'17 P.P Draven
'16 P.P Draven, French Maid Draven
'15 Ahri
'14 Yin, Headmistress Fiora
'13 Cynthia, Fem Shizuo
'12 Ronald Knox, Fem Shizuo
'11 Kikyo, Cynthia
Aidan2
AB Executive

Re: Bag/Coat Check

Post by Aidan2 »

I would strongly recommend you store your bags at your hotel (Hopefully it is close!) sometimes hotels will have rooms available before the listed "check in" time, and if your room is not ready they will generally store your bags with the bellman.

This will save you the hassle of trying to get your luggage through the bag inspection (which is before the coat/Bag Check area!).
Michael Lee
Director of Technical Operations
Nemra
AB Asst Director

Post by Nemra »

I also agree with what was recommended but to answer your question, yes there will be a bag/coat check at the Hynes again. It will be across from the Dealer's Room entrance (room 107) and It will be $2/item
Nabil Samuel

Assistant Director of PR

JosephW
Veteran Poster

Post by JosephW »

I've never done it myself, but people have told me that most hotels will hang onto your luggage if your room is not ready yet. And I assume they'll bring it up to your room once your room is ready.

So I suppose what you could do is find a bathroom to change into your cosplay, and then just leave your luggage with the hotel.
AB 2018: Nick Wilde
AB 2019: Haida (Fri) / Inkling Boy (Sat)
AB 2022: Nick Wilde (Zootopia)
Anna-neko
AB Alumni

Post by Anna-neko »

I've personally done this before - change into cosplay in bathroom (or at least into most of it, having worn certain pieces during the commute) then checked my bag with the hotel for nearly rest of day (until we had our room, could take bag up there)

The Hynes bag/coat check is more of a casual "im fine with my stuff watched by random strangers" for a few hours, but it's better to leave your luggage with the hotel you'll be staying in. For one, your bag is staying in a much smaller space with less people having access to it
Maid Cafe - '18, '19, '22

why, yes, I have been goin to this con since day 1. Wanna brain-break on the age math?
Kasutieru
Determined Poster

Post by Kasutieru »

These were really helpful thank you everyone! I think I'll probably check with the Hilton and see if they charge for bag storage and probably wear parts of my cosplay to the con. Thanks again for all the helpful answer!
Anime Boston 2018
Female Rakan, League of Legends

Past Cosplays
'17 P.P Draven
'16 P.P Draven, French Maid Draven
'15 Ahri
'14 Yin, Headmistress Fiora
'13 Cynthia, Fem Shizuo
'12 Ronald Knox, Fem Shizuo
'11 Kikyo, Cynthia
basharoftheages
Under a bridge

Post by basharoftheages »

They won't charge you. But it's pretty bad form not to tip.
Justin Corriveau - Fan Creations Co-Coordinator (2023-2024)
Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2022)
Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator (2008-2016)