New Hotel Payment System(?)

This forum is for general questions for staff that don't fit into one of the forums below. Please read the FAQ before posting new questions.
OtakuGuyCris30
I'm new!

New Hotel Payment System(?)

Post by OtakuGuyCris30 »

Hello all.
I have a curious query. With Anime Boston’s ‘new’ (I’m assuming new) partnership with Experient, I’m just wondering if there’s some kind of new payment system in place or if it’s the same as it’s always been (concerning hotel reservations). I reserved a room using my bank card and notice there have been no deductions made.
Is there some way to deal with the cost now (pay off all three intended stays), throw down a deposit then maybe chip away at the overall total until fully paid or until day off con or if the total is to be paid all at once at con? I’m just wondering because I would rather hash out the costliest expense now rather later. I wonder if others have the same quandary. Thanks in advance.
Kalyoth
Determined Poster

Re: New Hotel Payment System(?)

Post by Kalyoth »

Not Staff

In my experience with Experient in other cities, for other conventions, they do not deal with payment. Merely, the booking. Unless this experience differs, I believe you would have to wait until the reservation hits the hotel system before payment could be initiated, if the hotel is willing to accept it in advance.
"You mustn't let mistakes weigh you down. Acknowledge them and take what you've learned to move on. That is the privilege of being a man."

Full Frontal - Gundam Unicorn
DemonGirl-Setsuna
Veteran Poster

Post by DemonGirl-Setsuna »

Kalyoth wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:28 am In my experience with Experient in other cities, for other conventions, they do not deal with payment. Merely, the booking. Unless this experience differs, I believe you would have to wait until the reservation hits the hotel system before payment could be initiated, if the hotel is willing to accept it in advance.
{Just asking you because of your experience with Experient, but Staff can chime in}

Okay, I'm not concerned about the payment. (Sheraton tends to charge the "hold fee" for a reservation about a week before check-in date)

This is what my concern is...
I'm a member of a Hotel's rewards program, and when I made my reservation through Exerient I had provided my rewards-number.
But, checking on the Rewards-program's site, I see no indication of even a room being reserved in my name or account-number.

Is this normal?
Kalyoth
Determined Poster

Post by Kalyoth »

Still Not Staff

You can always provide the rewards number at check-in.

You should also be able to contact Experient For help with this site, you may:
•Call Customer Service toll free at 800-967-8852
International registrants, please call 847-996-5832
•E-mail Customer Service at animeboston@experient-inc.com

"Starting on March 19th please call the hotel directly to cancel or change your reservation." - this may explain why information is not yet visible to you. But be sure to check with Experient ^^
"You mustn't let mistakes weigh you down. Acknowledge them and take what you've learned to move on. That is the privilege of being a man."

Full Frontal - Gundam Unicorn