First Aid?

This forum is for general questions for staff that don't fit into one of the forums below. Please read the FAQ before posting new questions.
Post Reply
animelover26697
I'm new!
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:21 am

First Aid?

Post by animelover26697 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:35 am

Hello Everyone!

I'm kinda new-ish to conventions and wanted to take a moment to reach out regarding medical help.

My friends have found ways to injure themselves at the few conventions we have attended together. I have a bad experience at another show with the local ems agency and I find myself having some anxiety about first aid.

Will there be someone at the event? If so, where can we find them? Also, I know this may be a dumb question but... do they require payment for their services?

I'm sorry to needlessly worry but I'd find comfort in just knowing this information ahead of time.

User avatar
waynoinsano
Veteran Poster
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:49 pm
Location: Pawtucket, RI

Re: First Aid?

Post by waynoinsano » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:17 pm


Elli21486
Dedicated Poster
Posts: 396
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:12 am
Location: Boston, MA
Contact:

Re: First Aid?

Post by Elli21486 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:02 pm

I may not be the best person to say this but there is usually a First Aid room on the first floor of the Hynes Convention Center after the main corridor from the Prudential Center. From past Anime Boston, it is where the walk through metal detectors were located.
Past Conventions:
AB 2007-2009; AB 2011-2018

2018 Anime Boston Stats Updated: 3/28/2018

Creator of the Anime Boston Voter's Reaction vids. View them at Eri21486's Youtube Channel

Past Picture Galleries
2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017

Past Galleries Available If Asked
2012

animelover26697
I'm new!
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:21 am

Re: First Aid?

Post by animelover26697 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:44 pm

Hello Everyone!

Thanks for the help!

I visited Operation Hammond's website and I didn't see anything saying that they were doing AB this year. I then checked them out on Facebook and found a post from them saying that they aren't covering the event. :shock:

I'm happy to hear that there will be some coverage at the show (Hynes First Aid)

Conventions can be crazy sometimes and I can imagine the First Aid stations can be busy. I noticed that Operation Hammond has a lot of volunteers. I wonder why they aren't doing the show....

Oh well- I'm just being a worry wart!

Thanks again!

User avatar
Phosphophyllite
AB Staff
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:31 am

Re: First Aid?

Post by Phosphophyllite » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:42 pm

If there is an emergency, there will totally be someone on site. While not convenient, if it's something minor and no one is set up for things like that, there is a CVS almost directly across the street. I might even suggest putting together a tiny first aid kit to bring with you, if you know that you've got injury prone friends.

Hopefully there will be someone on site, but it doesn't hurt to have bandaids and tylenol on hand just in case!
Allan Converse
Registration Customer Service Manager AB 2019
Customer Service Assistant Manager AB 2018
Registration Staff AB 2017

☆☆☆

Mamacass
Veteran Poster
Posts: 161
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:29 pm
Location: the wilds of Ct

Re: First Aid?

Post by Mamacass » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:18 pm

A first aid kit is Always a good idea for Cons!
2019 Here We Come!!!!!

animelover26697
I'm new!
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:21 am

Re: First Aid?

Post by animelover26697 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:22 pm

Yeah- I'll be sure to bring a first aid kit. I'm not really that experienced with first aid but I guess I could just google it if I don't know.

After all - what's the worse that can happen ;p

Thank you, everyone!

Mamacass
Veteran Poster
Posts: 161
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:29 pm
Location: the wilds of Ct

Re: First Aid?

Post by Mamacass » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:36 pm

I know that there are places that sell little first aid kits with everything in it.
2019 Here We Come!!!!!

ConDadJeff
Getting the hang of this...
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:15 am

Re: First Aid?

Post by ConDadJeff » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:19 am

Phosphophyllite wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:42 pm
If there is an emergency, there will totally be someone on site. While not convenient, if it's something minor and no one is set up for things like that, there is a CVS almost directly across the street. I might even suggest putting together a tiny first aid kit to bring with you, if you know that you've got injury prone friends.

Hopefully there will be someone on site, but it doesn't hurt to have bandaids and tylenol on hand just in case!
Hello! Also new here and first timer at con with daughter. Thank you for the info and tip. Just to be clear, there is first aid located on the first floor then correct?
Anime Boston 2012, 2014, 2015.
Dealer's Room romper :mrgreen:.

User avatar
Phosphophyllite
AB Staff
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:31 am

Re: First Aid?

Post by Phosphophyllite » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:08 am

ConDadJeff wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:19 am
Phosphophyllite wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:42 pm
If there is an emergency, there will totally be someone on site. While not convenient, if it's something minor and no one is set up for things like that, there is a CVS almost directly across the street. I might even suggest putting together a tiny first aid kit to bring with you, if you know that you've got injury prone friends.

Hopefully there will be someone on site, but it doesn't hurt to have bandaids and tylenol on hand just in case!
Hello! Also new here and first timer at con with daughter. Thank you for the info and tip. Just to be clear, there is first aid located on the first floor then correct?
I believe so, yes, but as we draw ever closer to the convention, the more concrete details about what and where should come out. I would highly suggest packing a small kit and bringing it. You can fit a bandage, an alcohol pad, and a one size serving packet of pain medicine [Tylenol, Aleve, etc] in behind the badge in the holder usually if nothing else.

I also suggest maybe packing something like a cliff bar and something hydrating. We sell water bottles at the convention, but in cases of needing emergency hydration/food, the options are much more limited by cost.

Basically, I trust you know your kid well enough, and can prepare for that! :)

Also, as mentioned before, there is a CVS pharmacy right near the convention, as well as a 24 hour star market. Both places sell food, drinks, and in this threads case, first aid supplies.
Allan Converse
Registration Customer Service Manager AB 2019
Customer Service Assistant Manager AB 2018
Registration Staff AB 2017

☆☆☆

ConDadJeff
Getting the hang of this...
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:15 am

Re: First Aid?

Post by ConDadJeff » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:46 pm

Phosphophyllite wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:08 am
ConDadJeff wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:19 am
Phosphophyllite wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:42 pm
If there is an emergency, there will totally be someone on site. While not convenient, if it's something minor and no one is set up for things like that, there is a CVS almost directly across the street. I might even suggest putting together a tiny first aid kit to bring with you, if you know that you've got injury prone friends.

Hopefully there will be someone on site, but it doesn't hurt to have bandaids and tylenol on hand just in case!
Hello! Also new here and first timer at con with daughter. Thank you for the info and tip. Just to be clear, there is first aid located on the first floor then correct?
I believe so, yes, but as we draw ever closer to the convention, the more concrete details about what and where should come out. I would highly suggest packing a small kit and bringing it. You can fit a bandage, an alcohol pad, and a one size serving packet of pain medicine [Tylenol, Aleve, etc] in behind the badge in the holder usually if nothing else.

I also suggest maybe packing something like a cliff bar and something hydrating. We sell water bottles at the convention, but in cases of needing emergency hydration/food, the options are much more limited by cost.

Basically, I trust you know your kid well enough, and can prepare for that! :)

Also, as mentioned before, there is a CVS pharmacy right near the convention, as well as a 24 hour star market. Both places sell food, drinks, and in this threads case, first aid supplies.
Thank you for the tips! You’ve been most helpful!
Anime Boston 2012, 2014, 2015.
Dealer's Room romper :mrgreen:.

Post Reply