quiet areas for baby?

This forum is for general questions for staff that don't fit into one of the forums below. Please read the FAQ before posting new questions.
EHyde
Getting the hang of this...

quiet areas for baby?

Post by EHyde »

Hi, I'll be bringing my 9mo daughter to AB this year (not her first con--we went to Arisia in January) and wondered if anyone had any suggestions for quiet areas inside the convention center we could go to take a break (and also to feed her) during the day? I'd rather not go through the line multiple times if we can avoid it. Also, does anyone happen to know if the convention center bathrooms have changing tables?
Fetch
Show-off

Re: quiet areas for baby?

Post by Fetch »

At very least, you can try the Parent's Lounge (Hynes 111) for some quiet.
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Post by Aurabolt »

I believe most of the bathrooms in the Hynes have changing tables. There are also the family bathrooms on each floor that I know definitely do have changing tables.

Quiet areas...believe it or not the Video Rooms. You might hear some crowd reactions (more so if you're watching a comedy or something with alot of action scene) and sometimes they are air conditions. Oh and of course, the room is darkened. Could make for a nice break for feeding regardless of method. Noise from the Anime shouldn't be a problem if you're not looking for someplace for the baby to nap. In that case, the Parents Lounge might be a good idea.

That aside, the 3rd floor hallways have reduced sound because of the carpeting. Also, the 1st floor hallway facing Boylston St. is pretty quiet the whole weekend. It's like the unofficial cooldown area from what I've noticed. Some folks go there to unwind for a spell plus unlike the 3rd floor there are benches.

As for going in and out of the Hynes, there is a bag check on the ground floor across from the Dealer's Room.They can store your things for $1 for up to the whole day. Just an idea.
Serene Adventure on Wordpress
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

Attendee from 2010 to 2018. Ran multiple panels at AB from 2012 to 2016. Plans to return as a panelist in 2025 or 2026!

...All-around nice guy. Please subscribe to both blogs, especially the second one for Anime and Manga-related news or updates ^_^
Lamron
AB Staff

Post by Lamron »

The manga library is pretty quiet

The Sheraton areas (where the screenings are)

You could try (just suggesting)
First aid and the cosplay repair
Ray DeArville

Event photo staff 2022 - 2024

Event photo staff 2020 - 2021

Past ABs 05 - 10, 13 - 19
lordofvt
AB Staff

Post by lordofvt »

We have also added a new "Quite Room" in Olmstead located on the 5th of the Sheraton. Past the 2 panel and 1 video rooms on the right. Feel free to hang out there for a quiet space.
Andrew Reckers
Schedule Coordinator 2021-2022
Director of Programming 2015-2020