Changing Pass name

This forum is for general questions for staff that don't fit into one of the forums below. Please read the FAQ before posting new questions.
SamuraiChe
Getting the hang of this...

Changing Pass name

Post by SamuraiChe »

Is it possible to change my pass name? OR tape a new name over it? My costume never arrived and I'm using another one, but my pass name is still that of the character I had previously planned on cosplaying a, which really really bothers me
guiiii
AB Staff

Changing Pass name

Post by guiiii »

hello,

http://animeboston.com/about/registration_faq/

19) I moved after I sent in my pre-registration or I changed my e-mail address. How can I update my address, badge name, etc.?
You cannot make changes on your own. If you need to make any changes to your registration, please contact Registration and we will make the requested changes for you. Please make sure you include your registration information in the email.

We lock down our database after pre-registration ends so we are unable to make changes after April 14, 2011.

Note that this is the only way to change your badgename this year; you will not be able to change it at the con.

Don't know if that answers your question but you can ask registration to be sure. I'm the lone staff on the forums tonight :( and registration is not my division.
Always tell the truth, even if you have to lie
Guilherme Z. Machado
AB Security Assistant Manager
06-07-08-09-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-17-18-19-20-X-X-23
smallbutmighty
Getting the hang of this...

Changing Pass name

Post by smallbutmighty »

I taped an alternate name over my previous one at AB '08 and none of the hall cops or staff said anything. I don't know if their rules have changed since then though.

I'd say tape it in such a way that you can take it off easily if staff/security tells you too, and make sure it doesn't cover anything else on your badge.
AB'in since 08

2012: Little-kid Yin from Darker Than Black
lyraparry11
Veteran Poster

Changing Pass name

Post by lyraparry11 »

When I picked up my badge last night they asked if I wanted to change my name or if I was happy with what I had preregged with. So if you don't physically have the badge yet that may be an option
Faceman
AB Executive

Changing Pass name

Post by Faceman »

[quote=SamuraiChe]Is it possible to change my pass name? OR tape a new name over it? My costume never arrived and I'm using another one, but my pass name is still that of the character I had previously planned on cosplaying a, which really really bothers me[/quote]

Please go to Registration Customer Service at the Registration Hall in the Sheraton for any badge questions. They will be best able to answer your questions at this point, as Reg Staff is all on-site and very busy.
Chris O'Connell
Director of Public Relations

Have a question? Private Message or Email me!