Board for Dealers room talk?

This forum is for general questions for staff that don't fit into one of the forums below. Please read the FAQ before posting new questions.
Sayoria
AB Staff

Post by Sayoria »

We have a board for the artist's alley, so why not? I mean, a few threads around and a few questions asked around sort of says it could be beneficial.

- Could have guides to authentic and knock off merchandise.
- Could ask if there are any known stands that supply certain things (like that raw manga thread)
- Dealers could get an idea of what some people may be looking for.
- Dealers could advertise events at their stands to watch for, like giveaways and such.
- Could update people of store name changes (I do remember one store we couldn't find because of this)
- Go over the dos and don'ts of the dealers room.
- Dealers can post prior to the con to let goers know they will be there. (Not always the same stands)
- People ask about room times and location.
- Dealers that might be looking for help, or con goers offering help.

and so on. t just seems like it could end up being beneficial, but if it isn't here for a reason, I am curious as to why.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff: 2024
PatrickD
AB Staff

Post by PatrickD »

If there were a lot of dealers' room threads, we would consider making a forum...but there aren't. Dealers just don't come to our forum to post. Questions about the dealers' room are few and far between as well. It's not like the staff can answer questions about what specific items a dealer may or not be selling.

Artists, on the other hand, DO come here and chat amongst themselves...and that's why they've got a forum.
-Patrick Delahanty
Anime Boston North American Guest Liaison
Co-Founder: Anime Boston and Providence Anime Conference
AnimeCons.com | FanCons.com | The Chibi Project | Anime Unscripted™

View my Convention List
basharoftheages
Under a bridge

Post by basharoftheages »

Even further, to a lot of dealers (outside of local folks), this is just one stop on their weekly jaunt across the country doing what they do. To them, we're nothing special to waste time answering questions for.
Justin Corriveau - Fan Creations Co-Coordinator (2023-2024)
Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2022)
Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator (2008-2016)
Sayoria
AB Staff

Post by Sayoria »

Ah, quite true. Either way, it was something I thought needed addressing, because.... well, the Dealers Room IS a pretty big area, so I had to ask.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff: 2024