Just a quick question about the Group Mail-in form

This forum is for general questions for staff that don't fit into one of the forums below. Please read the FAQ before posting new questions.
Emi
Veteran Poster

Post by Emi »

We have printed the forms to fill out, but we just want to make sure that it is two people's info per page.
When we initially printed out the forms, we had everyone fill out their own, but it appears that there is a space for the information for two people on each form.
If that is the case and how you would prefer we do it, we will refill out the forms so that it contains the information of two people per piece of paper.
Sorry if this sounds like a very roundabout question!
We would also like to know if the name on the check could be someone other than our group leader (our current club president) because he has a limit of checks of $400 on his checking account and our group has 17 people in it ($680). Our other club officers, including myself, have volunteered to write the check instead, but we need to know if this is alright.

Thanks for your time,
Emily S.
Secretary (and president-elect for the next academic year) of the Framingham State University Anime Club.
suza
AB Executive

Post by suza »

If you already filled out the forms with 1 person on each page, that's fine- you don't need to redo the forms.

And yes, it's fine if the check is written out by someone other than the group leader. Just have them put your group's name in the memo field.

If you have any other questions, feel free to reply here or email us!
Elisa Arteche
Anime Boston 2024 Director of Registration
Registration Staff 2008-2023
Emi
Veteran Poster

Post by Emi »

Hi again.
We can't seem to find who to make the check out to.
Do we make it out to "Anime Boston," "New England Anime Society," or someone else.
It would be bad if the check didn't go through because we made it out to the wrong thing.
Also, do you take cashier checks?
Since the club membership is paying in cash, we were planning to take the cash to the bank and get a check that way.
Eilonnwy
AB Alumni

Post by Eilonnwy »

Please make it out to "Anime Boston" and yes, you can use a money order.
Crimsonnataku
Expert Poster

Post by Crimsonnataku »

Since this thread is about the group mail-in form, I thought I would just throw in my question:

We are currently finishing filling our forms out and collecting money. The email we received is asking for $40 per person, but the registration webpage says with the group discount it should be $45 per person.

Which rate should we be using?

Thanks!
Eilonnwy
AB Alumni

Post by Eilonnwy »

It's possible you received an old form by mistake. You still must pay the current pre-reg price for groups, which is $45 per person.
Emi
Veteran Poster

Post by Emi »

In our case we filled out the request form and received back an email back with the forms in December before the price went up, but because of winter break we did not manage to get everyone's money until recently.

Do we need everyone to pay an extra $5 since we didn't mail in the money before Dec. 31 because we were on break? Or is it still $40 each for our members since we sent the request and received back the forms before December was over?
The email we received on December 14 at 6:03pm
said the following:

"The deadline for Group Registrations requests is March 25, 2011. The postmark deadline is April 1, 2011. This means that if we receive anything postmarked after that date, your registrations will not be accepted.

Please make sure your have at least 10 people in your group and have entered the correct monetary value for the check. Each registration is $40 per person, $30 for Children under 13, Free for Children under 6. If the tally does not match the amount on the check, your registration will be refused and returned. "

Thus, we assumed that is was $40 per person in the group and we had until the end of March to get the money mailed in. I was going to mail everything tomorrow or Monday, but if the price did go up, I'll need to wait till after spring break to get the extra $5 from everyone.

Just wondering since you told Crimsonnataku that she had to pay the current group pre-reg price of $45 and it sounds like her email said the same thing ours did.
suza
AB Executive

Post by suza »

The rate is based on when you submitted your group discount request. So if you filled out group discount request form before December 31, the rate for each person is $40.

The rate per person is $45 for any requests sent in on and after January 1.
Elisa Arteche
Anime Boston 2024 Director of Registration
Registration Staff 2008-2023
Panda Gal 3
I'm new!

Post by Panda Gal 3 »

Hello, I just have a few questions:

1)I accidentally deleted my email about the educational group discount information, and I'm not sure what address I have to send the check and registration forms to. I'm trying to send them today for AB2011.

2)I am the President of this educational group, I also have 2 of my other officers (VP and Treasurer) attending this trip as well. Do I have to bring and or send documentation that proves we are a club?

3)On the registration papers, it says "Group Leader" do I put my name on each paper because I am the President of the club?

Thank you :3
Eilonnwy
AB Alumni

Post by Eilonnwy »

You can always contact registration directly through the contact form: Link

Our Registration CS Staff will receive your email and will be able to help. You can get a new group email and address your concerns about the group confirmation with them, but I do know that you can put whomever you wish as group leader, including yourself.

Panda Gal 3
I'm new!

Post by Panda Gal 3 »

Not to be a pain but I've contacted them before and have not heard a reply back in weeks.
Eilonnwy
AB Alumni

Post by Eilonnwy »

We are seeing an increase in pre-reg rates from last year which means customer service issues do arise more often, especially this close to the actual convention. Please understand that the customer service team is swamped with a lot of emails during this time. If you don't get a response within a week, it's a good idea to email them again.