is it possible to post a thread with links to cosplays I'm selling?

This forum is for general questions for staff that don't fit into one of the forums below. Please read the FAQ before posting new questions.
zephyrnix
Experienced Poster

Post by zephyrnix »

I was just wondering if it's against the forum rules or Anime Boston policy to post a thread with a few links to some props and cosplay outfits I'm trying to sell.
I would be selling props that I have used and displayed at previous Anime Boston conventions that were 100% acceptable, as well as some hand-made cosplay outfits that were also acceptable.

I read the forum rules and didn't see anything like this in them, so I just wanted to know whether or not I was allowed to do this.

Thank you.
Faceman
AB Executive

Post by Faceman »

While posting things for sale (aka soliciting) isn't expressly forbidden in the Forum Use Policy, there really isn't a place for it on our forums. We don't have a buy/selling forum for people to post their items. And while some may say it's a good idea to have, it opens the door to us having to police what's being sold and deal with complaints of transactions (even if there's nothing we can do, people will complain).

I'm sure there are other places on the World Wide Web where you can post cosplay items for sale. Just not here really.

The best alternative I can give otherwise on the AB forums is to wait for the annual Swap Meet thread to be made, and post what you have available there. Though that is intended more for trading and not sales, and transactions don't normally take place until the convention.
Chris O'Connell
Director of Public Relations

Have a question? Private Message or Email me!
stardust462
Determined Poster

Post by stardust462 »

Cosplay.com has a marketplace where cosplayers buy and sell stuff. I would recommend checking that out.