"A few stuff I'd like to see next year"

This forum is for general questions for staff that don't fit into one of the forums below. Please read the FAQ before posting new questions.
President Aria
Veteran Poster

Post by President Aria »

And constantly yelling stupid memes isn't considered disruptive? Well, I suppose you'd have to kick out far too many people to make that practical, but I still find people shouting 'Marco Polo' and 'I Tom Selleck'ed it up' far more offensive than people being reasonable with their boomboxes. Of course, the boombox people could also invest in an iPod and not have to bother anyone with their music either.
Eilonnwy
AB Alumni

Post by Eilonnwy »

If it were up to me, there would be a lot of things that I consider extremely disruptive and would like to see go away, but alas, it isn't.

As it stands, yelling "Marco Polo" is annoying, not necessarily disruptive. But blaring boomboxes, screaming nonstop, etc... is disruptive. And as always, with this kind of rule it can be a little subjective, so the exact line between disruptive and annoying can blur a little, but I think our security does an excellent job of being as consistent as possible and enforcing the rules.
MerchMaven
AB Staff

Post by MerchMaven »

[quote=President Aria]And constantly yelling stupid memes isn't considered disruptive? Well, I suppose you'd have to kick out far too many people to make that practical, but I still find people shouting 'Marco Polo' and 'I Tom Selleck'ed it up' far more offensive than people being reasonable with their boomboxes. Of course, the boombox people could also invest in an iPod and not have to bother anyone with their music either.[/quote]

The difference is, even the most DEDICATED screamer has their voice give out eventually. A boombox can maintain the same high volume of sound continuously for hours before the batteries give out, and then it's a simple matter of switching them out for another eight hours of 'fun.'

Kerry Walker
Anime Boston Merch Manager, 2006-2019
Anime Boston Security, 2004-2006