Hotel never received confirmation?

This forum is for general questions for staff that don't fit into one of the forums below. Please read the FAQ before posting new questions.
InuMiroLover
Getting the hang of this...

Hotel never received confirmation?

Post by InuMiroLover »

I don't need this kind of stress this close to con time! Over the last few days Ive been waiting for my Sheraton hotel confirmation to come in after the hotel portal closed up. When I got nothing, I decided to call up the Maritz today and ask about it. They know for a fact that I am indeed supposed to have a room at the Sheraton, so why is it that the hotel doesnt? I was told that the room list was sent out the 15th, yet I have still received no confirmation from the hotel whatsoever. And I can't get a hold of anyone at the Sheraton that might be able to resolve this.

I cant afford to try and find another hotel and commuting back and forth is out of the question. What's going on? Is anyone else trying to deal with this?
theonlylostsoul
AB Executive

Re: Hotel never received confirmation?

Post by theonlylostsoul »

I understand your concern. Please give the hotel time to process the reservations. The hotel received hundreds of reservations from Maritz in one go and is uploading them as quickly as possible. We are not the only event happening at the Sheraton for the months of March-April.

If you received the reservation confirmation from Maritz then you are set. If you did not receive a confirmation from Maritz, please reach to them via their contact linkand explain your situation: https://registration.experientevent.com ... /contactus
Kirsten (Kiri) Smith
Director of Operations
Anime Boston
saffieb
Veteran Poster

Post by saffieb »

theonlylostsoul wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:17 pm I understand your concern. Please give the hotel time to process the reservations. The hotel received hundreds of reservations from Maritz in one go and is uploading them as quickly as possible. We are not the only event happening at the Sheraton for the months of March-April.

If you received the reservation confirmation from Maritz then you are set. If you did not receive a confirmation from Maritz, please reach to them via their contact linkand explain your situation: https://registration.experientevent.com ... /contactus
I’m having the same issue…any suggestion on how long to wait? I’m worried if I wait too long something will happen. I booked three different hotels and two of them didn’t send hotel confirmations, but I got confirmation fr them all from Maritz. I just don’t want to get charged for all three 😰

I was going to head to Boston this week to ask them in person, should I wait?
AB 2024- Celebi (Pokémon)
AB 2022- Boris Airay (Alice in the Country of Hearts)
ferretwrangler
Getting the hang of this...

Post by ferretwrangler »

You’re fine. Last year things didn’t show on Marriott’s end until about a week and a half before the con. Like it was said before, they’re literally inundated with hundreds of reservations that have to be entered into their systems from Maritz. It takes time for the hotels to do so. As long as you got your confirmation from Maritz you’re fine.
AB 2024: TBD
AB 2023: Emeraldas (Friday), Deedlit (Saturday), Marin Kitagawa (Sunday)
AB 2022: Futaba Sakura (Friday), Raphtalia (Saturday)