The Tales of Scott McNeil

This forum is dedicated to sharing stories, photos, and other discussion related to Anime Boston 2005.
moonlight sonata.
Determined Poster

Post by moonlight sonata. »

I know that alot of people met Scott at AB05 and he was reeeeaaally nice ^__^ and I'm sure everyone has their own sotry about meeting him (for those who did)

I remember when I met him I was just about to leave and it was friday night and we were walking out of the main hallway and there he was talking to a Sango and carrying his big huge duffel bag and signed me autorgraph and I really didn't know about voice actors all that much and I didn't know what rolls he played but he just jokingly laughed at me when I couldn't think of any and he signed my book and went on his way. He was so awesome and didn't get mad or have the slightest look of frustration~ :D
Seizetsu
Obsessed Poster

Post by Seizetsu »

He's a really nice guy. I met him in '04 and he had only nice things to say and patience to exorcise with the fans!
kuroki
Determined Poster

Post by kuroki »

He's such a cool guy! I have at least three stories about him from AB05 alone.

But none of them compare to Otakon 05 when I got a kiss from him. I gave him a present on sunday afternoon. He ended up getting down on one knee, kissing my hand and proclaiming he was my eternal servant. I think, and even knowing he is way into his forties and married, it was a fangirls dream.

I really can't wait to see him again, and I know that a lot of staff members at AB love him as much as we do. ^-^
Seizetsu
Obsessed Poster

Post by Seizetsu »

Now that is a good story.
MinekaC.
Veteran Poster

Post by MinekaC. »

I saw him at AB05, and he was awesome. But I didn't get any actual funny stories. When I saw him at Otakon this year, I asked him to pose with my Foamy (Neurotically Yours plushie) and he started having a conversation with the plush. I was like O_o; "Scotts gone crazy...." Then he settled down and let me take the picture. He also gave me a hug.
I loved how he told "Yea, I come to these conventions because it makes feel famous. I'll walk down the hall and people will be screaming my name and ask for my autograph. It's really awesome, the only problem is when I go back home, and I'm in the airport and I see a group of teenagers. I wave at them and smile and they look at me like I'm insane, and I have to remember I'm not at the convention anymore."
BentKatana
Expert Poster

Post by BentKatana »

[color:green]xD Lawl. I forget who he is. ()@__@ So, he's the guy who does Foamy or...?[/color]
BentKatana
Expert Poster

Post by BentKatana »

[color:green]Oh, sorry, I didn't realize the other comments on this thread! *just woke up* *bow* So he does voice acting, I know my friend's mentioned him...*Googles it* Yeah, I remember I missed the line to see Vic Mignogna. ;.; Oh damn, lol. So when we walked by I shouted out, "You rock, Vic Mignogna!" and from behind all the fangirls at his desk I heard a, "You, too!" Lol. xD[/color]
Starwind Amada
Expert Poster

Post by Starwind Amada »

[quote=BentKatana][color:green]xD Lawl. I forget who he is. ()@__@ So, he's the guy who does Foamy or...?[/color][/quote]

:D :D :D :D

No.
NekoKage
I'm new!

Post by NekoKage »

AB05 was my first ever Anime Con. And it was an amazing experience. The greatest thing was my friends and I ran into Scott McNeil on all three days. I went into fangirl mode after each time we saw him. On friday night my friends and I were leaving so we could head back to the hotel we were staying at and we saw Scott standing there talking to some other fans. So I took out my handy deck of Gundam Wing cards and had him sign one of the cards of Duo. On saturday he had the same time of autograph session as David Kaye so I was waiting in line to see the both of them. We waited two hours and then found out David Kaye was leaving. After David Kaye left we went up to the next floor to wait to see Scott. And we waited for another hour for that to happen but I was really happy to see him. He made my day when I handed him the picture to sign. It was once again another one of Duo that I had bought on artists' alley on friday. He really liked the picture. I was about to tell him my name for when he was going to sign the picture for me but he didn't ask. He started signing the picture complete with my name at the top. I was shellshocked to say the least. He really does know how to make a fan's day. All in all it was worth the three hour wait. And then of course on sunday who could forget his commentary for Cosplay Chess. And we did get to wave to him in the hallways before we went to watch the Cosplay Chess. I hope they bring him back for another AB in the near future.
kiarrens
The Lone Mod

Post by kiarrens »

After I won the AMV contest I went outside for a victory cigarette, and ran into PatD and Scott just outside the doors. I remember I was still in so much shock over the AMV thing, and Scott congratulated me, and told me he "might" be doing the voice for Hohenheim, but that I couldn't tell anyone. lol... Guess it's ok to tell people now, huh? If memory serves, he said, "Hey, I might be doing the voice for your dad!" and he let my friends take a pic of us. Very cool moment...
Lyndsey Luther
Masquerade Coordinator 2015 - 2022
Assistant Director of Programming - Cosplay Division 2019
Assistant Masquerade Coordinator 2013 - 2014
Cosplay Chess Coordinator 2009 -2014
Attendee 2003 - 2009

The Anime Boston Masquerade Staff Creed: "It's our job to panic so you don't have to."
Phantom 1
Committed Poster

Post by Phantom 1 »

I remember when he first came out on stage at the opening ceremony. He tried to imitate Johnny Young Bosch's moves but ended up hurting his shoulder. I laughed so hard I almost had an accident (I nearly collided with a baby stroller).